• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft - World Domination Addition?

Sekcbaba

Stone
Seems like the wold pvp has died down some lately and I was wondering if it might be possible to make a simple world pvp modification to increase participation. It would be cool if the admins could set up little outposts around the world, maybe 4-8 total, that could be captured by towns for a tangible benefit. I was thinking if the outposts represented some kind of resource, then for every hour an outpost is held, maybe 100 coins could be donated from the server directly into the town that held the outposts town bank. This would help with town upkeep without drastically inflating the amount of money on the server as the money could not be removed from the town bank.

Regarding gaining / losing control of the outposts, maybe give each town the ability to purchase a "outpost claim" block from the DHX. This block would be the only object that could be placed / destroyed within the region of the outpost. When a town places a block, no other town can place a block until the first towns claim block is destroyed. The claim block should be like uber-obsidian that takes 10 seconds of mining or something to break to prevent super-derpy tactics.

Im sure others can add some ideas to make this design better overall. It seems people have also been clamoring for more reason to promote fewer, stronger towns instead of lots of small towns. Maybe give a non-linear increase in coin gain for towns holding more than one outpost? What other resources could be gained that would promote people fighting over these? Maybe chests that spawn diamonds / emeralds at some rate per hour that can only be removed by town currently owning the outpost?

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
This is an awesome idea! If you had a block that needed to be mined to be destroyed, I would say you'd need the mining time to be far more than 10s. More like 5min-10min. This would give towns enough time to react.

Multis_Revenge12

A frightening Cactus!
This is an awesome idea! If you had a block that needed to be mined to be destroyed, I would say you'd need the mining time to be far more than 10s. More like 5min-10min. This would give towns enough time to react.

Maybe more of a capture to flag type, Holding the objective (tower) for 5-10 minutes would be great as well.

Sekcbaba

Stone
thats true, when population is low it would be nice if the outpost had an automatic player detector that would tell the owning town that non-town members have entered an outpost. Then if block destruction took several minutes it would give them time to mount a defense.

Sekcbaba

Stone
you could even have a combination of capture / hold and capture the flag. Make the 4-8 outposts to capture, and also have some "sacred relic" or some such that can be taken from other outposts or some neutral location back to an outpost you hold for bonus money / gems, etc.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, I like this a lot. 4-8 outposts might be a bit on the high-end. Higher populated towns would obviously have a better chance at capturing an outpost than a low population town, and it would be a bit silly if 1 town were able to capture all 4 outposts.

I think these outposts (again, maybe 2 or 3 in total), should become available to conquer for 1 hour in a given day. The outpost in general should be not big at all. No matter where you stand inside the conquered area, you are susceptible to AOEs, so you WILL die unless you have others in there with you countering. During this 1 hour span, a chest will spawn every x amount of minutes and will hold something valuable. Once you take the item(s) from the chest, the chest will despawn, and again respawn in x minutes (saw this on another server, so it's plausible). After an hour is up, the chests will no longer spawn for another 24 hours (or extended period).

The player detection IC in order to conquer the base is certainly plausible. Have it that a player needs to be standing on a certain block for x amount of seconds (or preferably minutes) in order for the piston door to activate, giving you and your townmates entry to the outpost. If its designed this way, the 10 players INSIDE the outpost will probably die if there were 10 players OUTSIDE AOEing them to death. In all likelihood, the go-to strategy would be to open a chest, and have that player recall home to dump the loot to prevent any enemies from taking it.

The point is, for 1 hour out of the day, THAT outpost is going to be giving away loot, and EVERYONE loves loot. Entire towns will make their way to the outpost, and deaths will occur at an alarmingly high rate. TNT cannons will be pointed toward the outpost. Heads will roll. World PVP is back in business.

The only downside I can find in any of this is that it may be possible for someone to set their mark inside the outpost for next time around, bypassing the player detection doors. If there's a way to disable marking in the outposts, that'd be great. Ditto with runestones. Selling runestones 100 yards from outposts would be a huge money maker though.

Another possible downside is that with 'free' loot would mean a more diminished economy... But when you think of all the armour/weapons getting destroyed, the regents being used, and the items despawning, it'll all even out in the long run.

2 Thumbs Up.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
To add to this, there should be a 'lift up' sign inside the outpost. This gives the outpost holder the option of leaving the outpost to defend instead of forcing a whole town inside a 7x7. Strategy would be used on if anyone should leave to defend, and how many. Of course, nobody can 'lift down' into the outpost. Your only way back in is to wait for the player detection doors to allow you in, or get group teleported if your wizard is still inside there.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
* Thoughts... 4 player detection areas surrounding the outpost, roughly 10 blocks away from the door. This means that a town can't simply stay in the outpost and heal itself for survival. It absolutely needs people outside the outpost to push an intruder off the player detection block in order to reset the timer. I can see a Cleric doing a rotation around an outpost, doing GuardianAngel and Invuln while it knocks 4 players off the detection block to reset the timer... Hopefully safely getting GroupTPd after accomplishing said mission.

I'm in love with this idea.

Sekcbaba

Stone
It would be cool if there was one "grande" base that could only be assaulted once every 24 hours that had extra good resources bonus, but i would also like to see smaller bases, or enough bases on different timers, so that these outposts could be assaulted throughout the day and not just at one time. But have to start somewhere and one base with a 24 hour lock out may be a good place to start.

I know nothing about programming but if someone decides to work on this and needs a test dummy just let me know.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Seems like the wold pvp has died down some lately and I was wondering if it might be possible to make a simple world pvp modification to increase participation. It would be cool if the admins could set up little outposts around the world, maybe 4-8 total, that could be captured by towns for a tangible benefit. I was thinking if the outposts represented some kind of resource, then for every hour an outpost is held, maybe 100 coins could be donated from the server directly into the town that held the outposts town bank. This would help with town upkeep without drastically inflating the amount of money on the server as the money could not be removed from the town bank.

Regarding gaining / losing control of the outposts, maybe give each town the ability to purchase a "outpost claim" block from the DHX. This block would be the only object that could be placed / destroyed within the region of the outpost. When a town places a block, no other town can place a block until the first towns claim block is destroyed. The claim block should be like uber-obsidian that takes 10 seconds of mining or something to break to prevent super-derpy tactics.

Im sure others can add some ideas to make this design better overall. It seems people have also been clamoring for more reason to promote fewer, stronger towns instead of lots of small towns. Maybe give a non-linear increase in coin gain for towns holding more than one outpost? What other resources could be gained that would promote people fighting over these? Maybe chests that spawn diamonds / emeralds at some rate per hour that can only be removed by town currently owning the outpost?
Maybe 100c per hour is a little too much. Maybe 10c an hour or 100c per day.

I love this idea but have you given the thought about different power levels or towns? (Hamlet, Kingdoms, etc.) It would be hard for a small town to have the strength and numbers to take an outpost from a different town and still hold it for the loot timer.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Yes and no. Although Umbra has quite a few members, there are times when nobody is online, even on primetime, thanks to stupid games like LoL. There would need to randomness on when these 1 hour 'events' occur. It can't be every day at 7pm.

Like I said, it should/would be pretty rare for one town to gather all the loot in a 1 hour timeframe, especially if there are multiple towns trying to get inside an outpost at the same time. The fact that the outpost would be vulnerable to AOEs says enough about your safety.

Many will get a piece of the pie. Only in extraordinary circumstances (or sheer stupidity of not recalling) will a town gather ALL the loot.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
What about if you are in range of mining the block, then you get a really high Mining fatigue debuff?

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
This seems pretty cool, and if there was ever a map reset, this should be on the new map. Currently, all towns and above have everything in the game they need to survive and dont even care about things they lose