• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft: What do you want to see next?

Ruger392

Obsidian
Atm we get about lets say 10 even more new players a day or at least in my timezone, these new players usually play until they start looking for a town but no town are really recruiting because whats the point of having an active town if its kinda useless atm so with that being said.

1.TownShips bring both cool aspect to pvp and pve

2. Balance patch (closest to being released)

3. 1.8 (1.8 should come when macro mod and hotbar comes but for now, players can connect on 1.8 to 1.7 which is the best we can ask for now)

4. Adventure (It wouldnt make sense putting adventure over any of these because all 3 above can easily be finished with in 1-2 months while from what i heard adventure is going to take a while)

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
Atm we get about lets say 10 even more new players a day

We get far more than this. I think it's your timezone :p

We actually did have towns actively recruititng for a bit (even new people). I haven't seen many of the managers of those towns on lately though. (Hmmm.....what's that R word again?)

I realize that 1.8 is out and I see many going off (even just in SP) and playing. School has also started up. And I think a divided community on a few issues isn't really going to help the issue.

I'm a little confused by this post btw. We have separate teams working on all these things. Why the need to choose if we have teams in place to manage all these things? Wouldn't that make it so they are all possible anyway?
Adventure will be in the future anyway, as it is a huge update. Multi's handling towns. 1.8 is a matter of update and managing tweaks. And balances are balance team. We all have opinions on what's needed and wanted in game. Just seems we're all divided on it (being as they are opinions) and I'm not sure I see the necessity in that given the fact there are separate teams working on them. Idk, maybe I'm missing something here?

Last edited:

Ruger392

Obsidian
We get far more than this. I think it's your timezone :p

We actually did have towns actively recruititng for a bit (even new people). I haven't seen many of the managers of those towns on lately though. (Hmmm.....what's that R word again?)

I realize that 1.8 is out and I see many going off (even just in SP) and playing. School has also started up. And I think a divided community on a few issues isn't really going to help the issue.

I'm a little confused by this post btw. We have separate teams working on all these things. Why the need to choose if we have teams in place to manage all these things? Wouldn't that make it so they are all possible anyway?
Adventure will be in the future anyway, as it is a huge update. Multi's handling towns. 1.8 is a matter of update and managing tweaks. And balances are balance team. We all have opinions on what's needed and wanted in game. Just seems we're all divided on it (being as they are opinions) and I'm not sure I see the necessity in that given the fact there are separate teams working on them. Idk, maybe I'm missing something here?
Some teams work on multiple things ;) s

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Some teams work on the same things. The balance team will be needed to to determine numbers for Townships 3.0 such as economy, town warfare, and region sizes.

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
My first experience on a public minecraft server was unparalleled by anything I have seen since. When I joined the server, I was immediately aware of several towns looking for new players to buy land, houses, shops, etc. I quickly figured out how to get land and work to earn money. Towns were active with ongoing projects, wars, and trade.

The key to me staying was activity. I found out quickly where people were and what they were doing. We currently do not have that experience.

That sounds great. But sadly, we don't have the current player base to really have such an experience. And MC trends have changed since then, I'm sure.

I had made my own town, invited a few people in, most have gone inactive (RETENTION) and I ask others to join but either don't see them for a while or they've already got something else going. We just don't have the user base atm. (Which is part of Kain's post, that without a few things, these things just aren't going to float.)

I realize that it's your pride and join with the plug-in. But without a player base to enjoy it, you won't see it shine. Sorry to be a little blunt about it. I'm sure it's great. We just need to be able to retain players to enjoy it. They usually don't come for townships or factions or whatever. It's an added bonus. Most new players don't really care as long as there is something cool and they have the option to join one and be protected.

We need retention. We need a larger player base atm.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Honestly most of these projects require different teams and aren't effected by each other.

We don't really if things continue the way they are we won't have the playerbase to support townships. We need to focus on things that will increase the movement of players joining the server and work on player retention, townships will not help with that, balance might a little but that's a completely singular entity and doesn't require much coding if any. Adventure should be our priority in my opinion as it is what will bring the most new players to the server and give people lots of content to work though (retention) however this is a very long term project and is going to take a lot of time. Updating to newer versions is imperative we always see massive drops in our numbers after MC patches are released while we're not updated and honestly the longer we leave it the more it will hurt us. While yes macros is a nice thing to have the alternative is much more destructive to the server as a whole.

IMO this is the ordering
  1. 1.8
  2. Adventure
  3. Balance
  4. Townships
Though honestly ordering these is pointless as different people are working on different things.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We send our emails and even if 10% of the people read them, thats close to 6500. If 10% of those want to log in to check out new content, that's 650 players that will log back in.

So when I say "What do you want to see" - I'm meaning it for scheduling / releases. Just throwing in something and not alerting people of new content is also a current issue. We need to make sure the outlet we use is properly notifying people of future releases to extend hype.

Correct, there are teams that work on different things, but there's a lot of cross-over.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Like I said earlier, what kept me retained on the server was the fact that I was in the action. I was where people were. I've seen this be the case throughout my years as a server owner. Whether you have towns, raid parties, or adventure groups it does not matter so long as there is something to do together.

The adventure map will do this with it's hot-spot pvp areas and mob bosses. Townships will do this with it's wars and trade and housing economies. Hopefully you will feel the need to have more players to gank other players, win your wars, beat those bosses, and upgrade your town.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Townships will do this with it's wars and trade and housing economies.
This issue with this currently isn't enough of a player base to support this atm which is why I'm suggesting Adventure over townships. Without the players townships cannot do what you're saying here.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm glad we agree on how to retain players. Townships 3.0 has many tiers to support towns with as few as 5 players. We definitely have the player base for that

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'm glad we agree on how to retain players. Townships 3.0 has many tiers to support towns with as few as 5 players. We definitely have the player base for that
I rarely see 5 players from a single town anymore. So honestly no.
I imagine if offline player checks or taxes ever get fixed this will clearly show how much of a poor state a large portion of our current townships are in. I could be wrong but there is no good way to tell at present.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
There are to many steps and things to do with adventure to hope to see it in the short term. As a lead in and testing to adventure, what would help make the game more fun would be introducing MythicMobs now on PVE and start replacing all the mob spawns with Mythic Mobs. Create 30+ mob types all with their own abilities and level and start populating PVE with fun and interesting PVE. I am not talking about bosses with epic drops, I am talking about using Mythic to create entertaining engagements with Gremlins, Wisps, Elementals, Dire Wolves.... There are TONS of new mobs that could be created and setup with minimal effort, that could then be reused in Adventure when you are ready to setup the actual spawns #1.

Townships are a huge and important part of the game as it builds the community and I would agree that they are #2.

I would say though that the update to 1.8 is also a huge point as, with the release of 1.8 and perhaps the release of the "ruins" world, players will have a clean world to collect materials and play with the new features #3.

Balance is important, as well as revamps, extensions, and new classes. I would put this well down the list though, is it's annoying to some aspects of the gameplay (PVP) but otherwise, not why people quit after 20 minutes #4.

Adventure is important, but it's also critically important to the idea of PVE group play, thus I would say that ton's of time needs to be put into it to take it what it needs to be and should in no way be rushed #5.

1. Create a diverse and entertaining PVE Environment with 50+ mobs for players to fight. Quick, easy, and tremendously helpful.
  2. Townships - Get those communities restored, and give them fun projects to share and conquer.
  3. 1.8 - Get those new blocks and mechanics working, then fix all the new bugs and exploits they are bound to create!
  4. Balance, Reworks, Extensions and new class content
  5. Adventure - Although this would be great to have out much sooner, there are too many things to accomplish this properly at this time.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
I would like to see the features in order of greatest potential retention of new players:
-Adventure Map
-Townships 3.0
-Balance

RagingDragon5

Portal
Here is what my opinions are:
  • Adventure beta map
    • Reason: This will add new content to Herocraft that everyone should be able to enjoy
  • Townships 3.0
    • Reason: Once again something that everyone would be able to pick up and be part of
  • Balance
    • Reason: Balance is important, but it's mainly for pvp. Yes I know that they balance professions as well, but the main focus will be to balance combat classes. This will give more of an impact to pvp and not that much change to pve
    • Reason: It's cool: it adds new mobs and items. However, I don't see it being that big of importance at this time. Also I don't think all the popular mods people use are all updated to 1.8 yet (Let me know if I'm wrong). Last time we updated without waiting for mods people went crazy and complained left and right.