• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft: What do you want to see next?

Ruger392

Obsidian
Balance and township should be worked on vigorously both given the same attention!

2.Adventure

3.1.8 ;)

I would love to see some working npcs helping out players on questions in the tutorial :)

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
1. 1.8 features. It will keep the server current and draw more in while other servers do not upgrade.
2. Adventure. Further sets us apart from other servers.
3. Balance/Samurai. Adventure will bring possible class changes, would be best to adjust it to adventure.
4. Townships. See this as the same as #3.

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
here is the order i would love to see them come in:

• Adventure Beta Server
  • Townships 3.0 (Complete rewrite/revamp)
  • 1.8 Features
  • Samurai / Balance Patches.

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
1. 1.8 features. It will keep the server current and draw more in while other servers do not upgrade.
2. Adventure. Further sets us apart from other servers.
3. Balance/Samurai. Adventure will bring possible class changes, would be best to adjust it to adventure.
4. Townships. See this as the same as #3.
To those that disagree, if the server doesn't update 1.8 content, people won't bother staying. They want new. Townships and balance are newish but not the new shinies everyone is seeking to play. This is based on experience, not just what "I want to see in game." There are already signs of it. People popping on briefly and logging the minute they've been told "content is not up to date" and extended absences since 1.8 release.

He asked for our opinions. I don't see why my opinion had to be singled out. This place sometimes...

Last edited:

xMJay

Portal
To those that disagree, if the server doesn't update 1.8 content, people won't bother staying. They want new. Townships and balance are newish but not the new shinies everyone is seeking to play. This is based on experience, not just what "I want to see in game." There are already signs of it. People popping on briefly and logging the minute they've been told "content is not up to date" and extended absences since 1.8 release.

He asked for our opinions. I don't see why my opinion had to be singled out. This place sometimes...

The update to 1.7 caused activity on Haven to die for months because of no macro mod
I'd prefer the adventure map and balance/samurai patch to be the main focus

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
1. A clear statement of the character/vision of ALL of the servers and how they enhance the game play for the community as a whole, what transfers between them etc (so that the maps/servers support rather than detract from each other).

2. Townships, townships, townships, specifically HeroStrongholds - bringing vitality and challenge to the MULTIPLAYER aspect.

3. Combat Class balancing, plus clear direction and leadership and empowerment of the Balance Team.

4. Activities that drive interest in using Combat/Professions - regular and varied events, township sieges/wars, revamp of conquest etc.

5. Adventure map - but
  • ONLY if it has been considered as per point 1 above (so that it is integrated with the other servers to bring longevity to the Herocraft experience and not just a quick thrill that brings a surge in numbers followed by a drop off)
  • AND if it is thoroughly tested and playable.
6. Profession Class enhancements.

7. 1.8 features - and this goes last because I'm sure these features will come in in due course as they always have after we've had to wait for various plug ins to upgrade etc - and because the community has demonstrated again and again that they're here for the heart of Herocraft ie classes, pvp, townships etc - ie the multiplayer aspects.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Whatever it takes for more people to come to HC should be the highest priority. I am unsure what that specifically is, but the think tanks higher up should really consider server population as the topmost factor in their managerial operations decision making process.

Salary22

A frightening Cactus!
I agree with Yavool and think that 1.8 would be targetted at new people coming looking to play 1.8 and then balance targetted at old players coming back for samurai.

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
The update to 1.7 caused activity on Haven to die for months because of no macro mod
I'd prefer the adventure map and balance/samurai patch to be the main focus

Seems like either way, there is an issue with gaining population and retention. Maybe striking a balance between the two would be in order.

Salary's idea of having 1.8 for new and old (I would personally love to try the new content here) and Samurai for the veteran players may help with it.

I agree with Yavool in that server population is top priority.

(The experience that I came from did not have a population so heavily reliant on a mod.)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
At the moment, the 1.8 features are "very" on the fence. We will update as soon as we can but for now, we have the protocol patch that allows clients connecting from both.

Thanks to everyone who posted here, I like to know what you feel is important and I want to make these things a reality. The goal is to tie everything in so that players enjoy the server, feel connected and have a sense of community from playing here, whether its leveling with others, sieging towns or just building dorky puzzles.

The townships system is getting a COMPLETE revamp. @Multitallented and I will be working on something to showcase within the month (sooner if able) - we will integrate it into the server, best we can.

The adventure beta server is still in the works, we will see an alpha server first for the Adventure team that will be "unplayable" but have the framework setup for the beta server to come in.

Balance and additional classes is somewhat of a highpriority, but player retention is the highest at this point. We don't have an issue getting plaeyrs into the server, we have a problem keeping them longer than 10-20 minutes. (This means that balance, classes, towns, etc don't mean anything to the common player that joins in for 5-10 minutes then leaves)

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
If a large population is reliant upon macromods. I'd suggest putting the skills hotbar as one of the priorities, along with bringing in 1.8 if macromods has not updated. Being a self-sufficient server, in asmuch as possible will help with retention of veteran players.

Making the billboard, as I suggested, as new players spawn in may help alleviate new player confusion, and other things people suggested such as that. We get so many people on daily that are confused. Whatever we can do to give them direction, the tools to choose and make them feel welcome will help with retention.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If a large population is reliant upon macromods. I'd suggest putting the skills hotbar as one of the priorities, along with bringing in 1.8 if macromods has not updated. Being a self-sufficient server, in asmuch as possible will help with retention of veteran players.

Making the billboard, as I suggested, as new players spawn in may help alleviate new player confusion, and other things people suggested such as that. We get so many people on daily that are confused. Whatever we can do to give them direction, the tools to choose and make them feel welcome will help with retention.
Ferrago (our guest developer) is hard working on this, its been almost a week and a demo is coming on that as well. We wont push 1.8 content unless:
1) Skills hotbar works and is playable like Macromod
2) Macromod is available.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I would love to see the new town system and samurai.

xMJay

Portal
If a large population is reliant upon macromods. I'd suggest putting the skills hotbar as one of the priorities. Being a self-sufficient server, in asmuch as possible will help with retention of veteran players.

I just looked on the macro mod thread and it looks like the dev is on top of this update, and shouldn't take months like it did for the 1.7 update.

At the moment, the 1.8 features are "very" on the fence. We will update as soon as we can but for now, we have the protocol patch that allows clients connecting from both.

Thanks to everyone who posted here, I like to know what you feel is important and I want to make these things a reality. The goal is to tie everything in so that players enjoy the server, feel connected and have a sense of community from playing here, whether its leveling with others, sieging towns or just building dorky puzzles.

The townships system is getting a COMPLETE revamp. @Multitallented and I will be working on something to showcase within the month (sooner if able) - we will integrate it into the server, best we can.

The adventure beta server is still in the works, we will see an alpha server first for the Adventure team that will be "unplayable" but have the framework setup for the beta server to come in.

Balance and additional classes is somewhat of a highpriority, but player retention is the highest at this point. We don't have an issue getting plaeyrs into the server, we have a problem keeping them longer than 10-20 minutes. (This means that balance, classes, towns, etc don't mean anything to the common player that joins in for 5-10 minutes then leaves)

There needs to be a way for new players to understand and value the various things that this server offers. If i recall correctly the spawn for new players is the beach area in central near the tutorial portal. Hardly a great first impression. They should log in for the first time and have something to strive for. Herocraft does not have a shortage in things that players can strive for, but those things obviously aren't recognized by the people that leave after 20 minutes.

If a new player was introduced to the most active, best looking, and most successful towns as he/she enters the server. They may aspire to join one of those towns or make a better town. Likewise, if a player learns about recent pvp tournament champions or the winners of previous clan seasons, and views these accomplishments as important they may have a reason to play on the server.

Making new players feel as if achieving certain things in Herocraft is important is the best way to make them decide to commit time to the server.

edit: I remember you saying something about a quest line to level players out of lost soul. This is sorely needed. And throughout this lost soul quest the new players should be introduced to people and groups that have reached the endgame, so these new players can possibly receive some inspiration to play.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
My first experience on a public minecraft server was unparalleled by anything I have seen since. When I joined the server, I was immediately aware of several towns looking for new players to buy land, houses, shops, etc. I quickly figured out how to get land and work to earn money. Towns were active with ongoing projects, wars, and trade.

The key to me staying was activity. I found out quickly where people were and what they were doing. We currently do not have that experience.