• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft: Rise of Atlas! (NEW MAP, NEW ERA)

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Upgrading a town from teir 1 to teir 2 is way too much. If it's going to be that expensive, t1 should offer more chunks. Or it can be cheaper.

Saharianana

Retired Staff
BUG!!!
Skill called Flash for extortioner is saying I do not have a skill called Flashfire, which I don't have. But thats what is coming up when I try to Flash.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Upgrading a town from teir 1 to teir 2 is way too much. If it's going to be that expensive, t1 should offer more chunks. Or it can be cheaper.
Or just join a big group or create your own. The current township costs aren't even close to what they have been in previous maps. The costs in previous maps were way too low and did not encourage people grouping up or long term play.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Bring atherys people over to work together and build a big town. Won't be a problem then :)

Last edited:

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Bring atherys people over to work together and build a big town. Won't be a problem the. :)
wow that's low
Or just join a big group or create your own. The current township costs aren't even close to what they have been in previous maps. The costs in previous maps were way too low and did not encourage people grouping up or long term play.
Yeah, I understand this so I won't argue.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
BUG!!!
Skill called Flash for extortioner is saying I do not have a skill called Flashfire, which I don't have. But thats what is coming up when I try to Flash.
Someone already reported this, should be fixed. Please do a search for future bugs before reposting. :)

Boomer779

TNT
Township costs should be reduced, and here is why:
Currently to upgrade a town from tier 1 to tier 2 it takes: 32 Emerald and diamond blocks, 250 Stone, 250 cobble, 100 Lapis blocks, 100 iron blocks, 5 Topaz, 5 Lustful Emeralds, 60 Essence of Battle, 5 heated Rubies, 64 Medals of Vengeance, 16 Deepvein Coal, 5 Pristine Sapphires, and 8 Fresh Dung Piles.
The requirements to get a town from tier 1 to tier 2 are too extreme for the common player. Even for a group of 3-4 people, the act of constantly mining 32 emerald blocks alone would take longer than it should. It should not take most of your server time spent on one aspect of the server for a small group of players to upgrade their 1 CHUNK town to a 9 chunk tier two town. Even if the Emeralds for instance are met there still are other resource requirements which would take another significant amount of time to complete. If anything the requirements currently place on tier 2 should be on tier 3. These sorts of requirements do not promote long term player interest, but rather promote players to find another server.

What i suggest instead is an increase of town size from 1 chunk to 5-9 chunks and a reduction of the costs to something along the lines of: 4 Emerald Blocks, 4 Diamond Blocks, 160 Stone, 160 Cobble, 20 Lapis Blocks, 16 Iron Blocks, 1 Topaz, 1 Lustful Emerald, 1 ruby, 10 Deepvein Coal, 1 sapphire, and 4 Dung Piles

Allajin

Stone
Currently to upgrade a town from tier 1 to tier 2 it takes: 32 Emerald and diamond blocks, 250 Stone, 250 cobble, 100 Lapis blocks, 100 iron blocks, 5 Topaz, 5 Lustful Emeralds, 60 Essence of Battle, 5 heated Rubies, 64 Medals of Vengeance, 16 Deepvein Coal, 5 Pristine Sapphires, and 8 Fresh Dung Piles.
The requirements to get a town from tier 1 to tier 2 are too extreme for the common player. Even for a group of 3-4 people, the act of constantly mining 32 emerald blocks alone would take longer than it should. It should not take most of your server time spent on one aspect of the server for a small group of players to upgrade their 1 CHUNK town to a 9 chunk tier two town. Even if the Emeralds for instance are met there still are other resource requirements which would take another significant amount of time to complete. If anything the requirements currently place on tier 2 should be on tier 3. These sorts of requirements do not promote long term player interest, but rather promote players to find another server.

What i suggest instead is an increase of town size from 1 chunk to 5-9 chunks and a reduction of the costs to something along the lines of: 4 Emerald Blocks, 4 Diamond Blocks, 160 Stone, 160 Cobble, 20 Lapis Blocks, 16 Iron Blocks, 1 Topaz, 1 Lustful Emerald, 1 ruby, 10 Deepvein Coal, 1 sapphire, and 4 Dung Piles

+1

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7

I think the only thing I can agree with is that diamond/emerald blocks are too high, but I think everything else is more than reasonable. Just to prove my point, I went mining, which I haven't seriously done in years, and to address the rest of your reagent concerns I got: 39 iron blocks, 20 lapis blocks, countless cobblestone, and 95 gold.

This is just me by myself, and I only used 5 iron pickaxes, and I made good progress towards those upgrades just by me mining for an hour and a half. Besides the requirements for basic materials (lapis, diamond, iron, stone, cobble), the other requirements are also very reasonable. I understand conquest points aren't up right now, but if your town captures one of those, farming essence of battle+ the other requirements will not take long at all. Even if you are not interested in contesting a conquest point, you can always purchase the township items from other towns that are interested.

"These sorts of requirements do not promote long term player interest, but rather promote players to find another server. "
I think it does quite the opposite actually. If you could meet all the township requirements quickly, what is your long term interest? I think having harder townships requirements than last map give people a purpose in logging in, something to do.

I also don't think you understand how much the t1 township offers for such a low cost. For only 25 coins, which you can make just by voting, you and your friends have access to an entire chunk of space. Now granted, that does not encourage players to build the nicest looking buildings from the start, but t1 is just the very minimum, we want you to actively be seeking to upgrade.

Upgrading a township is a group process, if you can't meet these measly requirements in the group you currently have I would consider opening up to other players or joining a larger group. But yes, I can understand about the diamond/emerald requirements and will definitely lower those.