• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Herocraft: Remastered Feedback

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Mobs to vanilla damage it seems, but have buffed health.
Strike damage is slightly reduced against zombies and baby zombies (7.9 HP as opposed to 8.0 hp).
Having fractions of a coin is odd. Should just be integers.
Druid skill nature's Wrath passes through solid blocks, but doesn't seem to fire under water.
Wolves have 6-7 times the HP of anything else. Maybe have tamed wolves get a buff instead?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Trade pack issues - turning in a trade pack moves the pack from head to inventory when the sign is clicked on. Can not turn in trade pack. Given error "You are not trained to use Player Head in that slot" when I try to re-equip it. No rewards are given.

lumber pack, vale to wayward

Placing the trade pack as a block and breaking it turns it into a normal player head

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
More tradepack comments: I turned in a tradepack, however it said it was created by a different player. When a tradepack is on your head, your health and stamina bar flash up and down as if you are taking damage.

Plagiarizing

Stone
Can't break anything wooden with a Wooden axe. Warp, recall, mark not working. Seems to be a problem with mobs spawning in certain biomes I was grinding 3-4 levels a night to not getting a single mob spawn. Theres a lift down on one of the boats in spawn and it doesn't work. Phantoms & Skeletal knights don't give any experience at all. Mobs seem to be doing absolutely no damage to me period I'm a wizard and was able to solo 10+ mobs without losing any HP at all. Progression from spawn Experience change seems to be so small that its barely noticeable. Mobs are taking little to nothing damage wise before they die. Wolfs have ridiculous amounts of HP, cows seem to be tankier than most mobs. Im still confused on how to even obtain tradepacks and with the access to /spawn being disabled its making it pretty tough to actually obtain money since i'm based so far from spawn. Other than that still having some enjoyment with playing though I just miss the server and it could be nostalgia, hoping there is more content on release such as dungeons or quests or something. Kind of hard to level right now therefore Arenas are kinda outta the question for me and probably a vast majority of players going for servers first etc.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I know balance values will be adjusted later, but this iteration of class design is probably the worst I have seen. The classes were pretty much gutted across the board and a lot of them are very bland. There's virtually no gap closers for melee besides a few exceptions outside of dragoon and ninja which is fine but the tank warrior classes don't actually have any legs to stand on to tank. The heals do nothing.

A good example is paladin, every class has a useful passive in the game. HolyInspiration while the name sounds positive it's a negative passive nerfing self heals. That's a huge feelsbad, negative self heals could be baked into the actual heals themselves and paladin should get a positive passive like every other spec in the game. Every value on paladin is extremely low which I imagine will be tuned later with feedback from players and testing but the classes just need to be designed better. There's a low number of abilities and the abilities are very basic and bland on a lot of classes.

Over the 10 years I have been in the community we got to experience way more complex abilities as time went on and reverting back to very basic abilities like HolyStrike being bash and renamed to fit the paladin theme is a huge step in the wrong direction and there's countless examples of basic unfun abilities in the game right now. Considering the limits classes pushed on reborn and some of the maps towards the end of HC before Reborn came out, I would like to see a lot of these classes go through overhauls because some classes desperately need it and it's become very apparent to most of the players actually playing the beta currently judging by my experience, and the experiences of others sharing their opinions in o chat.

Last edited:

dils1

Legacy Supporter 7
Cleric:

Only way to target heals is to aim at them. Keybinds with peoples names to not work, neither does binding an item to a skill and someone's name like you used to be able to

Range on heals is too short, targeting a heal while running most of the time fails because they dip out of range

Revive skill is missing

Blacksmith:
Only has two skills, Artisanblacksmith and noviceblacksmith
No repair, deconstruct, construct chain, etc

Other feedback:
Mob drops are a bit excessive
Mobs are a bit squishy and easy to kill, doesn't look like exp and health scaling is working
wIll add more as I think of it

Plagiarizing

Stone
Class problems- First and foremost I agree with the above Classes need an overhaul, WIzard seems weak it seems like the only strength within classes are those who melee, I absolutely crushed a ranger in PVP him landing 5-6 arrows on me maybe did a heart - a heart and a half. Wizard has 0 potential for actually doing anything other than poking and running doesn't feel much like a mage class at all. I feel more like a support trying to grab aggro. Yes I've Pvped and me and my DUO partner are further progressed than anybody else Class wise and have tested Wizard it seems extremely underwhelming. I've found a dreadknight, dragoons, and most classs thus far and I can easily say HC is based around Melee classes. Why would my bolt take the cast time it takes to cast completely impairing my movement when ANY class in the game can literally pull 200 damage in the time it takes me to cast a spell that impairs me from moving. Either A the Range of it needs to be increased or B it needs a faster cast time along with maybe a slightly higher CD. Also how come every mage class in the game is using fireball? Give Wizards Frostbolt make it a water/lightning based mage.

./skill port doesnt work
./skill groupteleport doesnt work
LWC Doesn't work.
Getting money is near impossible other than selling gold ingots..
Please Kainzo before beta gets too deep in get a balance team in that has interest in modifying the classes. I don't even know what I would want to level next due to the fact all of the "fun" looking classes to me seem underwhelming. If I play a mage with absolutely 0 CC potential I want to be able to Burst not poke. The only real benefit to playing a wizard currently is that it has pulse and is great for farming mobs. But the PVE in minecraft is so dry and boring that nobody actually wants to play the game for that purpose. I get its beta but all of my suggestions are being told "Give it some time" Look its a beta take the serious people who will be staying who has been in the community for a long time a chance and try out suggestions while its in beta to see if it works for the full release. If I wasnt almost maxed wizard and already leveling alchemist I wouldve hero Reset a while ago. It just feels lame the only thing i can do is Aetherorb and fireball in PVP and blink away. Aetherorb being near impossible to land with the hitboxes of this game along with Latency.

I feel as if the server has a bunch of underwhelming classes and a few very broken classes. Make peoples classes feel powerful. If im leveling the last thing i want is a ./skill port and groupteleport that doesnt even work. Its a waste of two spells on my class. Please if youre serious about giving this server an amazing release read the suggestions.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Class problems- First and foremost I agree with the above Classes need an overhaul, WIzard seems weak it seems like the only strength within classes are those who melee, I absolutely crushed a ranger in PVP him landing 5-6 arrows on me maybe did a heart - a heart and a half. Wizard has 0 potential for actually doing anything other than poking and running doesn't feel much like a mage class at all. I feel more like a support trying to grab aggro. Yes I've Pvped and me and my DUO partner are further progressed than anybody else Class wise and have tested Wizard it seems extremely underwhelming. I've found a dreadknight, dragoons, and most classs thus far and I can easily say HC is based around Melee classes. Why would my bolt take the cast time it takes to cast completely impairing my movement when ANY class in the game can literally pull 200 damage in the time it takes me to cast a spell that impairs me from moving. Either A the Range of it needs to be increased or B it needs a faster cast time along with maybe a slightly higher CD. Also how come every mage class in the game is using fireball? Give Wizards Frostbolt make it a water/lightning based mage.

./skill port doesnt work
./skill groupteleport doesnt work
LWC Doesn't work.
Getting money is near impossible other than selling gold ingots..
Please Kainzo before beta gets too deep in get a balance team in that has interest in modifying the classes. I don't even know what I would want to level next due to the fact all of the "fun" looking classes to me seem underwhelming. If I play a mage with absolutely 0 CC potential I want to be able to Burst not poke. The only real benefit to playing a wizard currently is that it has pulse and is great for farming mobs. But the PVE in minecraft is so dry and boring that nobody actually wants to play the game for that purpose. I get its beta but all of my suggestions are being told "Give it some time" Look its a beta take the serious people who will be staying who has been in the community for a long time a chance and try out suggestions while its in beta to see if it works for the full release. If I wasnt almost maxed wizard and already leveling alchemist I wouldve hero Reset a while ago. It just feels lame the only thing i can do is Aetherorb and fireball in PVP and blink away. Aetherorb being near impossible to land with the hitboxes of this game along with Latency.

I feel as if the server has a bunch of underwhelming classes and a few very broken classes. Make peoples classes feel powerful. If im leveling the last thing i want is a ./skill port and groupteleport that doesnt even work. Its a waste of two spells on my class. Please if youre serious about giving this server an amazing release read the suggestions.

The slow on the warmups were good on wizard when wizard had root but because they gutted the abilities on virtually each class, just losing root alone punishes wizard super hard making some of those abilities hard to get off. I'm not sure why each class was gutted down to a smaller number of abilities to begin with, a lot of the classes feel like they have 4-5 random abilities.

Last edited:

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Having slowness 3 for 1,000 blocks is not worth the couple hundred xp of tradepacks. Just disable sprinting instead?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Okay, there's a plethora of things that we're fixing and patching.

We value the feedback!

I also wanted to touch on what stage we are in, in the overall "coming back" of Herocraft.
We were going for "simplistic" classes just like HC launched with back in the day, but we may bring more skills into them (think 8-10 not 30+)

We're definitely not going for "legacy" HC or reborn classes. That's massively out of scope for this initial release.

There were a lot of changes with Minecraft and the codebase of Heroes over the last 3 years so we're attempting to get a grip on where things are and what we need to work on.

We're also seeking more coders to help clean up and bug fix.

Epi

Dirt
Ranger
Alright, I'll make a case for what I think a Ranger is supposed to be and how it is right now. When I think of Ranger, what comes to mind is a high skill ceiling class that rewards the player for having great accuracy and is a monster when in the right hands. As of right now, it is lackluster and mostly unviable across all skill levels.

Currently the only usable abilities are explosive arrow (12s cooldown) and ice arrow (slowness 2 and drains stamina stopping people from sprinting), which is apparently overpowered, so I expect that to be nerfed leaving explosive arrow as the main ability.

Poison Arrow is virtually useless. 40 dmg over 5 seconds. There's no point of using this over something like Ice arrow. It's a neutered version of Rupture Shot which did around 120 dmg over time if i remember correctly.

A main issue for Ranger right now is the abysmal damage. Currently arrows do 35 damage, which is worse than Paladin's best weapon and not much better than Bard's best. In no world should a skill shot projectile based class be doing less base damage than a melee class.

Even when hitting 70-80% of my shots, which is a lot, and using my other abilities, I still lose to Bard in a 1v1, and if I won I was at extremely low health. This was during combat beta and it shouldn't be a toss up situation imo. I'm obviously biased, but I think a very good archer should be demolishing anyone if they have that kind of accuracy.

The problem stems from the SerratedArrows passive, you have to hit three shots on a single target within 5 seconds to do 95 dmg. So in order of shots you do 35, 35, then 95 dmg. I've never been a fan of this change to ranger because the class was already hard enough to use, but now you have to work even harder to do decent damage. This is why I like the 2017 map (one with Diamond castle at spawn) where you were doing that type of damage per shot (and got better as you leveled up), being rewarded for your accuracy.

Now, even though I'm not a fan, there's a reason why it worked in Reborn. Ranger had more abilities that prevented people from closing the gap on you, which is practically impossible now unless you have terrain advantage such as water or high ground:
Retreat - Ninja backflip + the next arrow you land on your opponent stuns them in place for a few seconds.
Feather Shot - Your next shot makes your opponent float in the air for ~5 seconds.
Both of these skills synergized perfectly with SerratedArrows and allowed you to land multiple shots and proc your passive. It also lets you use Aimed Shot without committing suicide. They are no longer apart of ranger's kit. People can close the gap easily now.

Adding those back or using the 2017 Ranger could work in making the class viable. I did have an idea for a new passive that scales arrow damage based on your distance from the target (maybe a 60 - 120 dmg range idk) but thats too much work

Some other concerns:

Hit Delay
There's barely any hit delay, so any melee class is a dps machine. Feels like I'm fighting this shit

AliveTastyAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif

actual gif:
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Netherite Armor. This has been added to certain classes. Any piece of netherite armor reduces the amount of knockback you take. This makes ranger even less viable and melee stronger than it needs to be

Adding onto Epi's case, I feel like it would be viable to consider using Minecraft's 1.9+ attack cooldown system and it shouldn't take much from the fast-paced combat either due to the other options of dealing damage via skills. Incorporating swing attack cooldowns could also help out classes like rangers, who need to pull their bowstring back (akin to swing delays) to deal similar damage

Plagiarizing

Stone
Few bugs I've noticed, LWC DOES SEEM TO BE WORKING NOW! so nice fix on that gentlemen. Wizard cannot use, port, group teleport, or ender pearls. Also our base had a random roll back and got destroyed over night(glad its beta so everything we lost is gonna be lost eventually anyway no biggie). I would double check everything with permissions because it seems there's weird random permission issues. So far tons of fun with a few class changes and updates server should be nice!

Plagiarizing

Stone
Ninja shurikens need to be changed to flint, Profession perms need to be fixed aswell. I get you dont want people running around in certain armor but its currently impossible to level enchanter/alchemist as intended as we cant enchant and cant reach the nether. Would like to be able to do more profession based things. But The Farmers should be able to place seeds which they cant so its rough to raise cows farm leather/steak to eat. We got a food shortage in our town

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ninja shurikens need to be changed to flint, Profession perms need to be fixed aswell. I get you dont want people running around in certain armor but its currently impossible to level enchanter/alchemist as intended as we cant enchant and cant reach the nether. Would like to be able to do more profession based things. But The Farmers should be able to place seeds which they cant so its rough to raise cows farm leather/steak to eat. We got a food shortage in our town
Thanks for all the feedback. We're working through the list as much as we can!