• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Heroconomy

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I think that the Heroconomy is a little imbalanced. Every couple months there is a map expansion and it gets mined out quickly. Right now I see it as its easy to gain but difficult to lose. It would be better if it was easier to lose. We should routinely wipe warshard like every 3-4 months But take coin out of the economy much more.

Ways to take coin out:
•Double the money it takes to switch classes.
•Increase initial start up costs for towns.
•Increase town tax
•Increase locked chest cost
•bring back bankers-Players will sell gold for less.
•nerf miners smeltgold ability. it averages to about 11.25 c per ingot. Miner is the best prof anyways.
•coin loss on all deaths
Even though the costs are higher it will be balanced by the routine warshard resets. There would be always land to mine. There should be a decreased amount of diamonds generated. Will boost the price of diamond.

EDITED for clarifying what I meant and because I changed my mind a little

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
To be honest I don't think making it easy to lose coins would help especially for newer players.. however I do like the idea of adding bankers back and going a bit old school it seemed like the economy days were a bit better back in dragon etc.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
werwew19 the warshard map wouldn't be all mined out. It would be much easier to gain. We could make it only affect older players. For example instead of doubling the cost to switch classes. We could instead make it 250 if you have never played it but 1000 if you have never played it before.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
•Double the money it takes to switch classes.
•Increase locked chest cost
i dont think i can disagree more here, its hard enough to get 250c to spec, now you want 500? That means itd be 1000c to return to a previous spec. As for locked chests, they cost 500c for non donors, you want that to go UP?
These 2 will just make the gap between the rich and poor even worse. A few of your points would probably hurt more people than it would help.
Just my 2 cents

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Well minimike96 the reason they dont reset maps often is because there would be too much coin in the economy. When warshard last reset I mined 12 k in one weekened. This is a suggestion to take money out. It is fustrating making money when the world is all mined out. This would allow easier money making.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Well, whos to say that even with the resets, people wont be camped out?
If you know that a warshard reset just happened, you can go camp the exit and take all the loot people get (not EVERY person, but there'd still be camping).
If people lost coin upon death, then all their hard work mining for gold to get money, would end up with them losing money instead. Im just saying, some of those are good, but it wouldnt really help the new players, as higher costs means more time to get said money, more time to get money means more time to be killed, and killed = coin loss.
But hey, it could work perfectly, no one knows for sure

macura

Diamond
The problem is not that everyone has too much money it is that everyone has too much resources. I have a stack of diamond blocks and i never mine, last map i also didn't mine but i had around 20-30 blocks average while almost entirely playing a class that does not use diamonds.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
While I agree that the economy is flooded woth too much money, I don't agree with your suggestions.
The cost to switch classes should even be reduced, just with a cool down before you can do it again.

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
IMO the map isn't mined out..... In the past few days of mining I have found no mining tunnels.....

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
What has is saying is true, if you know where to look you can find unmined land, ive found plenty in my time traveling Bastion.

Tacticis

Stone
What about events? Certain events like death match could cost a bit more and the top 3 or the winner get the money? I love how many events the server has although it is still not many. Maybe there could be new events introduced for people to spend their money. There was one server I played on a long, long time ago that had this really cool event called portal. Towns would compete over this portal in the center of a large ruin like battlefield.
Towns would try to capture the portal which would take (x) amount of seconds. After capture they had access to the "black market" for 5 hours, which was the cooldown timer for the portal. After 5 hours the event would reset and people would fight for access. Once you had won the portal it costed money to use it. Once in the black market you could get things other could not. Special weapons, bedrock (breakable that just took forever to break), Special items (an enchanted item with a name ex: Stick with the name of twotone or something and it had fire aspect on it.), and more. These things costed A LOT of money but it was worth it in game. Showed ones wealth and success in the event with his fellow town members.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah I was just trying to come up with a system to make it routine. After thinking about it yeah I agree warshard resets should be like every 3-4 months. There is just too much coin it the economy.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
While there is undoubtedly a lot of coin in the economy, I'd think the bigger problem is the large gap between the rich and the poor or, to put it another way, the long time players and the new players. Currently brain dead, so I can't think of any solutions. I'm just saying that I think having a lot of coin in the economy shouldn't be too big a problem if it's distributed fairly evenly. As it is, the way I'm seeing it, the rich tend to get richer and the poor tend to get poorer, especially before the lottery's randomization was increased.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
As an half newb, dunno if I am still. I agree with the that their is a big gap between the poor and rich, which I want to see new ways of getting money then to lose them. I am almost certain that all newb will be bankrupt in like a month if they cant spec their prof. So I want more ways to gain money.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
kirinelf um I think anyone can get rich quick. Buy some diamond picks and mine for like 3 hours per day. You probably will have like 10 k+ in a week

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
It is not hard to get money, that's the problem...
But what is a bigger part of the problem is that there is not really anything you "need" money for (except town taxes, lwc, class switch and so on)..
Everyone got about what they need, or they got a friend who got it..

Take an example:
If I want to get something, like make a house with engineer stuff and mason stuff or so..
I'll just ask my engineer and mason friends...
If I want some enchantments could I just ask my enchanters friends...

It should be as it was during Zeal.

One class only, either a crafter spec or a combat spec.
that would make professions rarer, and people would need to rent people to do stuff.
It would also make people mine less, witch would generate less money.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
kirinelf um I think anyone can get rich quick. Buy some diamond picks and mine for like 3 hours per day. You probably will have like 10 k+ in a week

Well, I suppose if you do nothing but mine. If you wanna be technical, it's not hard to make money IF you do nothing but aim to make money. I don't mine much, so my only source of money is from voting. Plus, I don't know how to mine efficiently, so I don't get much, AND it's easy to get killed while out mining and lose everything.

The only real way to make fast money on the server is to mine, or be a particular class that allows you to do stuff others can't and hire your services out (Although this is pretty much useless because everyone's either in a town with a member that can do things for them as EvilThor said, or have already mastered a bunch of specs and are rich enough to just switch between them to do what they want). But for a lot of things such as being a Miner to sell gold ingots, you need to have the money to buy the gold ore to begin with/go mining a lot to get the gold ore you need.

I'm a fan of introducing more ways of getting money in the server, with a corresponding balancing of prices server-wide (Such as reducing the price of gold ingots in the DHX or raising the prices of switching classes).

One class only, either a crafter spec or a combat spec.
that would make professions rarer, and people would need to rent people to do stuff.
It would also make people mine less, witch would generate less money.

Crafter specs would then be totally vulnerable out in the wildy (Such as an Enchanter trying to level up to enchant things or a Miner mining stuff) when one of the server's numerous gankers pop up. Any ideas how to balance it, or is this one of those 'deal with it' situations?