• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Hero armor suggestion

Perhaps this can work when advanced crafting comes out. soulweave perhaps can have a plugin where it doesn't break as fast, and have this algorithm. I think the only thing holding this back is leather.
4 min after i post, a facepalm...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We won't be doing this. We have something else in mind but it will take a lot of work. There's a lot of limitations with vanilla MC code and things we can/cannot do.

Under the custom item system:
Enchantments wont matter as much
Durability will be scaled up a bit more (we can change this)
Damage mitigation really cant be changed without overhauling and overwriting a lot of things we dont want to do.

Casters will want to wear leather armor because each piece will be granting them attributes/effects. Where as a single piece of iron may be more durable and protective it wont give them the full benefit of a "full suit"

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
We won't be doing this. We have something else in mind but it will take a lot of work. There's a lot of limitations with vanilla MC code and things we can/cannot do.

Damage mitigation really cant be changed without overhauling and overwriting a lot of things we dont want to do.

Casters will want to wear leather armor because each piece will be granting them attributes/effects. Where as a single piece of iron may be more durable and protective it wont give them the full benefit of a "full suit"

This is basically the best system so long as the durability can be made similar between the armor types. Great to hear. I dont really see any reason mitigation needs to be changed other than protection enchants, which sounds like thats being changed anyways.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4

Curious, what happens to Enchanters, then?

As it stands right now, it's too costly to wear full sets of armor unless your class starts with a very high equipment weight. I'd say a Paladin basically wants full iron, unless he wants to spend a great deal of this points into Endurance, and even then I think it's actually impossible to wear full diamond. At least, according to my calculations. Even if it IS possible, the point expenditure would be far too great.

The current system basically encourages most classes to wear a single armor piece, iron/diamond chest usually.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6

As it stands right now, it's too costly to wear full sets of armor unless your class starts with a very high equipment weight. I'd say a Paladin basically wants full iron, unless he wants to spend a great deal of this points into Endurance, and even then I think it's actually impossible to wear full diamond. At least, according to my calculations. Even if it IS possible, the point expenditure would be far too great.

The current system basically encourages most classes to wear a single armor piece, iron/diamond chest usually.

But the new system where every piece of equipment has stats will make it where you want to wear a full set, making leather valuable again (so long as it doesnt break so easily as now). Hopefully enchanters will be involved in adding stats to the armor, or can enchant with additional stats, or something cool like that.

Speaking of which, one thing i have always found annoying is that different armor slots have different durabilities. When custom items gets pushed further, could it be possible to make all slots of a certain grade (leather, chain, etc) have the same durability? That way your equipment would wear at basically the same rate, whereas now you have to replace helm first, then boots, then legs, etc, which i find kind of annoying lol.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Enchanters will have a viable role to play in the new crafting system we're proposing.

maybe change it so that full suits would have more durability, cuz they would link to each other an all cushion the blow together