• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Hero armor suggestion

Jpenguin

Legacy Supporter 3
So I've been thinking about the whole armor weight points, and I think that a wizard or a beguiler wearing heavy armor doesn't make too much sense. What if the old armor system was still in, but endurance points increased percent physical dmg resisted.

Discuss.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
The current system doesn't change the vanilla % dmg reduction by armor. While it is quite powerful, it would be quite the feat to change the armor protection*

*I have no fact to back this up, pure speculation.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
On one hand, it would help my business as a farmer (Could finally sell this damn leather). On the other hand, LEATHER FUCKING SUCKS. My biggest gripe with armor is that it has very low durability (Hopefully 1.7 will fix that.) In terms of balance, whats the difference? A wizard with a diamond chest plate has about same amount of armor than a wizard with full leather. All this will do is make people wear leather armor again. I guess it will have SOME impact in terms of point allocation. Due to the weight system being in intervals of 5, it will make the gap of 7 endurance points better.

Over all, I'm fine with it either way.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
On one hand, it would help my business as a farmer (Could finally sell this damn leather). On the other hand, LEATHER FUCKING SUCKS. My biggest gripe with armor is that it has very low durability (Hopefully 1.7 will fix that.) In terms of balance, whats the difference? A wizard with a diamond chest plate has about same amount of armor than a wizard with full leather. All this will do is make people wear leather armor again. I guess it will have SOME impact in terms of point allocation. Due to the weight system being in intervals of 5, it will make the gap of 7 endurance points better.

Over all, I'm fine with it either way.

Agree, i dont see the need for the change. I would love if all armor could have similar durability though.... (leather so god awful). I think its just psychological when people see someone in iron / diamond chest plate, but a chest plate alone is basically just full leather, all allocated to the chest.

In the old system, if i was a leather wearer, i just didnt wear armor lol

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
I think it needs some changes but I like the way it is. You have to sacrifice points in other places in order to wear more armor so there are advantages and disadvantages to it. With some classes I do feel that it needs to be a bit more balanced so that if the player chooses to wear more armor they are not as strong skill/dmg wise. Disciple in particular, a disciple wearing armour makes no sense lore wise so why is it a good choice in game?

The more customisation, the more fun everything is in my opinion. For instance in Skyrim, I loved being a tanky mage, if I had only had the choice to be a mage running around in robes, it would definitely have felt too limited.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The problem with disciple is MCs lack of a cloth armor. I wish that all armor had equal durability ( With custom drops I don't want my badass leather armor to be destroyed after one battle) Balance wise, the current system is good. The real problem is that, due to MC's vanilla mechanics, it's aesthetically unappealing.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
The problem with disciple is MCs lack of a cloth armor. I wish that all armor had equal durability ( With custom drops I don't want my badass leather armor to be destroyed after one battle) Balance wise, the current system is good. The real problem is that, due to MC's vanilla mechanics, it's aesthetically unappealing.
Yes, I agree that this is a problem. A change to durability would help a lot because leather armor can work just fine as cloth armor.

EzMac2099

TNT
I wouldn't mind the old armor system, however it's kind of a pain to gain mass amounts of leather in the same respect as iron, and in my opinion, leather armor is the weakest of armors and should be just as common if not more common than iron. So also add some more ways to gain leather and you get my +1.

gmander2

Coal
Florida. Land of the old and hot weather.
I agree with this. It is stated above that farmers could sell leather again, which would make farmer better for getting gold. Also I feel that wizard and beguiler don't really NEED this extra armor, although I could speculate how it would be annoying to have shit armor.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I also bring to the table of enchantment balance. Leather cannot be enchanted with high level enchants naturally like Diamond or Iron can.

^ Food for though

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I also bring to the table of enchantment balance. Leather cannot be enchanted with high level enchants naturally like Diamond or Iron can.

^ Food for though
Basically, leather costs more, breaks quicker, and has the worst protection. That's good to know...

Jpenguin

Legacy Supporter 3
Perhaps this can work when advanced crafting comes out. soulweave perhaps can have a plugin where it doesn't break as fast, and have this algorithm. I think the only thing holding this back is leather.

I suggested something somewhere that we change the armor weight to fit the durability. I just received a bunch of bs about how its just based off protection, and that durability doesn't matter then u realize that leather has no durability. if ur gonna wear leather, bring an extra hat, maybe shoes. Again, more bs how only the protection amount matters and it wont break in one fight. but it still does time and again.

^ Food for though
Leather is so gross though. I don't miss the days where my armor would break mid-fight half the time.
but i cant really tell if its serious in this one
Can u make leather cost like 1/2 the weight of a regular armor piece? I mean i don't think a leather shirt would weigh more than a pair of gold boots.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I suggested something somewhere that we change the armor weight to fit the durability. I just received a bunch of bs about how its just based off protection, and that durability doesn't matter then u realize that leather has no durability. if ur gonna wear leather, bring an extra hat, maybe shoes. Again, more bs how only the protection amount matters and it wont break in one fight. but it still does time and again.

but i cant really tell if its serious in this one
Can u make leather cost like 1/2 the weight of a regular armor piece? I mean i don't think a leather shirt would weigh more than a pair of gold boots.
Hrmm I can't really make out all of what your saying but I know it's possible to make it so that all armor is the same durability because I've seen it on a server. And also the enchants should be the way they are, a wizard shouldn't have prot 4 on all their armor.
@Kainzo possibility?

Leather=iron durability
Gold should stay how it is
Diamond should stay how it is