• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Heritage of Heroes [The Lore Project]

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
The Heritage of Heroes is an attempt to create races/nationalities based on towns from throughout the history of Herocraft, this list more catered to Bastion factions.

This is an idea based off the work of toadsworth29 and is a work in progress:

• Alicubites - An older race of people that inhabit Alicubi.
  • Astrans - An ancient race said to have come from the stars. Largely inhabit the Order of the Star.
    • Belegosians - People of Belegost, resembling dwarves, often squabble over their affiliation to their related groups.
    • Camelotian - People of Camelot, an old race that broke ties with related groups, seeking neutrality.
    • Forgen - People of SkyForge, descended from Dark Forgen.
    • Newerthian - People of Newerth, the oldest of all races.
  • Axiomites - A race largely drawing from the people of the former town of Legacy and currently Axiom.
  • Caiten - People of Caitiffton, a small hobbit-like race.
  • Eclipsians - People of the former Eclipse and related groups.
    • German Eclipan - Remaining people of Eclipse, largely thought themselves the superior race and expelled the Lunarisians from Eclipse.
    • Lunarisians - People of Lunaris, exiled from their home territory. Some relation to Underlings. Eventually abandoned their home and turncoated to Jericho.
  • The Forgotten - Members of the former Forgotten Empire and related groups.
    • Raubtieran - Long dead race of the people of Raubtier, it's possible a few are still alive.
    • Excelsiumites - Now dead renegade group of Raubtierans, the people of Excelsum abandoned their kingdom at a critical point and caused disruption.
  • Gravkin - People of Gravcok and related groups.
    • Sycamorites - Ancient people of Gravcok.
    • The Fallen - People of SkyFall, distantly related to Gravkin.
    • Umbran - Lost descendents of Gravkin, one day mysteriously appearing out of the night sky.
  • The Hollowed - The Tree Creepers of Thornhollow and related groups.
    • The Thorned - People of Thornhollow.
    • Rangpurians - People of Rangpur.
    • Jerichen - People of Jericho.
  • Legionnaires - People of the Legion of Oblivion.
    • Braavosi - People of Braavos, largely an extension of Paragonites.
    • Paragonites - The First Legionnaires of Bastion.
    • Raptites - People of Rapture, founded by Verstadians.
    • Reignites - People of Reign, founded by Braavosi.
    • Verstadians - People of Verstad, largely an extension of Paragonites.
  • Magnolians - New race with claims to the vestiges of the past Magnolia, refounding Magnolia on Bastion.
  • Malkans- Elvish people of Malkier Kingdom and splinter groups.
    • Aylethians - People of Ayleth.
    • Malkierans - People of Malkier, the capital city of the Malkan stronghold.
    • The Oaken - People of Oakenshire, founded by a group of Malkierans that broke allegiance to Malkier.
  • Retrites - New race of Elder figures inhabiting Retrium.
  • Walrusians - People of the Realm of VValrus and related groups.
    • Freepers - Sect of Minerisians dedicated to the Fire.
    • Minerisians - People of Mineris, capital of the Realm of VValrus.
    • Zablites - People of Zable Fahr.
  • Orcs - People of Durotar and splinter groups.
    • Durotans - People of Durotar, a dying Orcish stronghold.
    • Genesians - People of Genesis, hostile to both former allied races.
    • Trophites - People of Trophaeum, vowing vengeance against Durotans.
  • Underlings - People of the Underworld that dwell in the depths of the world.
[DOUBLEPOST=1357868774,1357863782][/DOUBLEPOST]Reserved.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Hmm, Camelot is very much related to Belegost however I should point out that we had hundreds (We were active the entire map of DG and in the last 3-4 months we always had 100+ citizens and lots of people were constantly leaving and joining) of members who started their HC life in CT that now are spread all over HC. There are lots of CT "blood" (People who started HC in CT) in Mineris and Underworld/Lunaris (The ones in Underworld/Lunaris are all hostile towards us now though, they originally left CT on bad terms and joined Rlyeh and later they were affiliated with Eclipse)

We are not very related to Newerth or Skyforge when it comes to inhabitants though, rather Belegost and Genesis.

Also Camelot and Belegost are not OS towns. (Belegost was for a very short period, but their new mayor changed that)

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Can you change the name of the people of Braavos to Braavosian? More politically correct.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Hmm, Camelot is very much related to Belegost however I should point out that we had hundreds (We were active the entire map of DG and in the last 3-4 months we always had 100+ citizens and lots of people were constantly leaving and joining) of members who started their HC life in CT that now are spread all over HC. There are lots of CT "blood" (People who started HC in CT) in Mineris and Underworld/Lunaris (The ones in Underworld/Lunaris are all hostile towards us now though, they originally left CT on bad terms and joined Rlyeh and later they were affiliated with Eclipse)

We are not very related to Newerth or Skyforge when it comes to inhabitants though, rather Belegost and Genesis.

Also Camelot and Belegost are not OS towns. (Belegost was for a very short period, but their new mayor changed that)
I'm aware - the point is group related groups, you don't have to be in the same kingdom nor do you even have to be related.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I get no say in Belegosians? :p We less squable and more keep to our selves. The entire map thought we were dead at one point but we were happily sitting in OUR MOUNTAIN OF DOOOOOOM Belegost. We are dwarves remember ;).

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I get no say in Belegosians? :p We less squable and more keep to our selves. The entire map thought we were dead at one point but we were happily sitting in OUR MOUNTAIN OF DOOOOOOM Belegost. We are dwarves remember ;).
I meant it in terms with your perceived status in XD that fluctuated in DG as well as with OS in Bastion.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
The Heritage of Heroes is an attempt to create races/nationalities based on towns from throughout the history of Herocraft, this list more catered to Bastion factions.

This is an idea based off the work of toadsworth29 and is a work in progress:

• Alicubites - An older race of people that inhabit Alicubi.
  • Astrans - An ancient race said to have come from the stars. Largely inhabit the Order of the Star.
    • Belegosians - People of Belegost, resembling dwarves, often squabble over their affiliation to their related groups.
    • Camelotian - People of Camelot, an old race that broke ties with related groups, seeking neutrality.
    • Forgites - People of SkyForge, descended from Dark Forgites.
    • Newerthian - People of Newerth, the oldest of all races.
  • Axiomites - A race largely drawing from the people of the former town of Legacy and currently Axiom.
  • Eclipsians - People of the former Eclipse and related groups.
    • German Eclipan - Remaining people of Eclipse, largely thought themselves the superior race and expelled the Lunarisians from Eclipse.
    • Lunarisians - People of Lunaris, exiled from their home territory. Some relation to Underlings.
  • The Forgotten - Members of the former Forgotten Empire and related groups.
    • Raubtieran - Long dead race of the people of Raubtier, it's possible a few are still alive.
    • Excelsiumites - Now dead renegade group of Raubtierans, the people of Excelsum abandoned their kingdom at a critical point and caused disruption.
  • Gravkin - People of Gravcok and related groups.
    • Sycamorites - Ancient people of Gravcok.
    • The Fallen - People of SkyFall, distantly related to Gravkin.
    • Umbran - Lost descendents of Gravkin, one day mysteriously appearing out of the night sky.
  • The Hollowed - The Tree Creepers of Thornhollow and related groups.
    • Thorned - People of Thornhollow.
    • Rangpurians - People of Rangpur.
  • Legionites - People of the Legion of Oblivion finding its roots in Light's Hope.
    • Braavosians - People of Braavos, largely an extension of Paragonites.
    • Paragonites - The First Legionites of Bastion.
    • Raptites - People of Rapture, founded by Verstadians.
    • Verstadians - People of Verstad, largely an extension of Paragonites.
  • Magnolians - New race with claims to the vestiges of the past Magnolia, refounding Magnolia on Bastion.
  • Malkans- People of Malkier Kingdom and splinter groups.
    • Aylethians - People of Ayleth.
    • Malkierans - People of Malkier, the capital city of the Malkan stronghold.
    • The Oaken - People of Oakenshire, founded by a group of Malkierans that broke allegiance to Malkier.
  • Retrites - New race of Elder figures inhabiting Retrium.
  • Walrusians - People of the Realm of VValrus and related groups.
    • Freepers - Sect of Minerisians dedicated to the Fire.
    • Minerisians - People of Mineris, capital of the Realm of VValrus.
    • Zablites - People of Zable Fahr.
  • Orcs - People of Durotar and splinter groups.
    • Durotans - People of Durotar, a dying Orcish stronghold.
    • Genesians - People of Genesis, hostile to both former allied races.
    • Trophites - People of Trophaeum, vowing vengeance against Durotans.
  • Underlings - People of the Underworld that dwell in the depths of the world.
[DOUBLEPOST=1357868774,1357863782][/DOUBLEPOST]Reserved.
Kainzo If you still want races, we should gather community leaders to make our own list of unique races :p Because in a sandbox game, what is more amazing than having control of how you play? Just an idea though, its still your game in the long run :p

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Updated with Retrites/Magnolians/The Forgotten.
Wouldn't i be better to say that people from excelsum are from the ARC? I mean, Shadow/Acherous lead ARC in Zeal and was apart of Lorien Kingdom in DG (Mortem), later the Legion with Solstheim and then in FE at the end with Frost/Blight.
It's like putting Camelot as "Forgotten" because we were with them in the end of last map. Actually, Camelotians could be a race on their own with descendants in Mineris and Belegost. (BG was made by CT and LF members originally and we have lots of people who started in CT who now is in Mineris). Pretty much every single town that has been here since early DG or Zeal should be a major race with descendants everywhere. So really, this list isn't very accurate.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Wouldn't i be better to say that people from excelsum are from the ARC? I mean, Shadow/Acherous lead ARC in Zeal and was apart of Lorien Kingdom in DG (Mortem), later the Legion with Solstheim and then in FE at the end with Frost/Blight.
It's like putting Camelot as "Forgotten" because we were with them in the end of last map. Actually, Camelotians could be a race on their own with descendants in Mineris and Belegost. (BG was made by CT and LF members originally and we have lots of people who started in CT who now is in Mineris). Pretty much every single town that has been here since early DG or Zeal should be a major race with descendants everywhere. So really, this list isn't very accurate.
Eh not to poke in, but Camelot was always related to Newerth. I mean Droowid was (If I remember correctly) friends IRL with some of the old leaders and helped build the town in Zeal.

Plus I think this list is looking at as if Bastion was the only map. I think it would be ridiculously long if we went from Sanctum up.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kainzo If you still want races, we should gather community leaders to make our own list of unique races :p Because in a sandbox game, what is more amazing than having control of how you play? Just an idea though, its still your game in the long run :p
I think that'd be cool. Though I don't want any yipping furries.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Huh.

This is pretty cool! I kind of think some of the terms could be switched around, though. For example, Legion's inhabitants could be Legionaries, Forgers instead of Forgites etc.