• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Heavens Gate - The Battle Front of Souls

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Alright, I'm sure these will be fixed as time goes on, but so far here are my complaints with HeavensGate.
1. Left click/arrows do not scale, leading to mobs only being taken down in a timely fashion by skills. This is confirmed an oversight and one I hope to see fixed very soon.
2. Mobs having skills can lead to them getting BS damage on you, and while I think it fits some mobs like Necromancers or mages, I should not be hit by an "Undead Flayer" from 7 blocks away because it flails its body around. This leads to having to consume food a lot, and will make players quickly run out.
3. Equipment still breaks at the same rate, and with the issue discussed in point 1, this is going to lead to having a broken weapon before even killing 10 mobs. Perhaps the entirety of the drop system needs to be reduced, but it'd be nice to have Unbreaking weapons drop often.
4. The most important point, while I don't mind a bit more grind, the EXP changes are ball-bustingly insane. 1 million EXP to max a class compared to the 100k EXP previously, and not to mention that a singular minion mob will take 30-40 seconds or more to kill with a measly payoff of 40EXP in tier 4 dungeons. Thats absolutely buttfuck insanity to expect a player to torture themselves, and I do not use that term lightly here, for months to max a single class, much less mastering a Tier 2 class. This is the gravest issue that must be resolved, or I predict Herocraft will be too grindy for the veteran players to enjoy and too hopeless for newer players to even get into.
The skill damage on mobs is a massive issue that we will hopefully be resolving soon.
@xexorian

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I find grinding for itmes really fun, but the drop tables should reflect the usage of the rare drops. I suggest that there be a higher drop rate on weapons and armor based on the number of classes that use that. So there should be more leather drops and less diamond drops because of classes use leather.
This is something we could use some help.

cem4

Stone
what the hell?! Whats up with that slow grinding?! Thats not normal! The dungeons were a awesome idea but seriously its not normal that i barely gain 1% as a ranger with a 210% boost!-.-

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I find grinding for itmes really fun, but the drop tables should reflect the usage of the rare drops. I suggest that there be a higher drop rate on weapons and armor based on the number of classes that use that. So there should be more leather drops and less diamond drops because of classes use leather.
The droptables have been hotfixed and we'll be added more in when things settle a bit. We are looking for people to help with this and it doesnt require any coding knowledge. Let me know if you are interested

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The droptables have been hotfixed and we'll be added more in when things settle a bit. We are looking for people to help with this and it doesnt require any coding knowledge. Let me know if you are interested
Interested. Custom items aren't hard.
Do you want some just made or is there a list of ideas?

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Pvp dungeons should have like 1.5x exp because of the risk of leveling there. Maybe with the buff people would level their and not in a pve dungeon from 1-60

Ok.. After trying heaven's gate, the leveling was actually pretty smooth. However, whenever I fell I died on impact on the ground which NEEDS to get fixed. Other than that, no big problems.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Heyheyhey I would love to help- little to none coding knowledge though- how can I assist?

Scratch what I said earlier, I like the loot, but the mobs have WAY too much health. I feel as if this only benefits pyromancer and wizard, but disregards all other classes.

ThatAintFalco

Portal

I'll be down

Also I thought that all t5 should be pvp on. People should have skills to defend themselfs at that level, so im not sure why one was turned to pvp off

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I believe that exp from mobs spawned in places that aren't the dungeon should give exp still but just not as much as the new dungeons. Right now you get 0 exp from mobs outside of dungeons which I feel should be changed.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I believe that exp from mobs spawned in places that aren't the dungeon should give exp still but just not as much as the new dungeons. Right now you get 0 exp from mobs outside of dungeons which I feel should be changed.
we will check into this and get back at you, i believe right now we are focused soley on dungoens

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Yeah I feel like mobs outside of HeavensGate should still give some xp like may 3-5xp per mob and this wont kill dungeons because 3-5xp isn't much.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah I feel like mobs outside of HeavensGate should still give some xp like may 3-5xp per mob and this wont kill dungeons because 3-5xp isn't much.
I was thinking more like 75-50% less exp gain from mobs outside of dungeons. I understand what you mean, xexorian, it seemed dungeon related so I posted here.

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I was thinking more like 75-50% less exp gain from mobs outside of dungeons. I understand what you mean, xexorian, it seemed dungeon related so I posted here.

But you also have to remember mobs outside of the new dungeons have far less Hp. So you have to still give people a reason to level at HeavensGate

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
But you also have to remember mobs outside of the new dungeons have far less Hp. So you have to still give people a reason to level at HeavensGate
Which the reason is faster leveling(EDIT: I missed the HP part you said so my response is that HP can always be adjusted), but we can't really determine anything now until the core/main things with the new dungeons are adjusted/implemented so we'll see how it turns out and then discuss the exp for mobs outside of dungeons.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're going to remove the vanilla mobs and add in natural mythicmobs spawning in citadel, just at a much lesser rate. That should help things a bit.

I'm relatively new to this server and I have to say I agree with a lot of the posts about mobs being too difficult, and new players being discouraged from joining. Now so since I'm new my opinion probably won't get much attention, but I will say I would enjoy it more if rather than making classes more difficult to level, making the amount of levels each takes to master greater.

I would love to see some tier 3 classes rather than a steep xp curve. That way it takes awhile to master but you can still see progression, because one of the most discouraging things especially to a new player is not being able to see the fruits of their labors.