• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Healers] BloodUnion Equivalents

Jaxon_Wolfe

Legacy Supporter 4
I have never played as a Bloodmage, so I am unaware of how BloodUnion works in practice. I do, however, LOVE the concept. I think the other healer classes have an opening for a similar mechanic that fits nicely with the background for that class. Here are my suggestions:

Druid: NatureAffinity
  • Creepers destroy the terrain and disrupt the balance that druids hold dear, so killing these creatures would give druids levels in NatureAffinity. Unlike BloodUnion, this would not boost their current skills, nor would it drain away until used or upon logout. Instead, it would unlock more skills for the druid. Use of one of these skills would drain NatureAffinity.
  • The skills unlocked would allow the druid to take on aspects of certain natural things. Aspect of Wolf would increase speed. Aspect of Oak would increase defense. Aspect of spider could increase jump distance/height or poison opponents.
Cleric: Piety
  • Gained via killing the undead, which clerics view as abominations.
  • Skills unlocked: Retribution: striking clerics causes the chance of divine retribution. Lightning may strike the aggressor. RepelUndead: the gods offer the pious soul protection, causing undead to become unaggressive for a time. St. Elmo's Fire: attacking undead sets them ablaze.
Shaman: Juju (?)
  • Preferably, new low-damage ability added called sacrifice. When this ability kills an animal (passive mods worth less than spiders), their life force is sacrificed to the tribal gods.
  • Skills unlocked: TribalFury: attack speed increased. Voodoo: opponent is weakened. Poultice: provides Shaman another heal.
Disciple: Ki
  • Most similar to BloodUnion. Gained from landing a killing blow with bare hands or weapon instead of skills. (since disciples value hand-to-hand combat.
  • No skills unlocked. Acts like BloodUnion and gives boosts to existing skills, as level gains are much easier since they don't have to kill a certain mob/type of mob.
I personally don't think Bloodmage or Disciple need new skills, as their mechanics are easy to increase in level. This is also why their levels can drain away, while the others are only consumed upon use or logout. These suggestions were made mainly with the lore/background of class in mind, not with the intention of making one more powerful than the others.

Would make Bloodmage feel unoriginal, only reason i picked Bloodmage was because it felt unique.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Its a big change and I'm not convinced the idea is worth it.

I read this as:
Druid: Buff
Cleric: Undead PVE buff (Clerics do not need an undead pve buff)
Shaman: Buff
Disciple: would probably end up in the exact same place it is now after balancing.

The backbone of your idea is to add some complexity to healer class mechanics, and I agree that Cleric and Disciple and Shaman seem to have very straight forward healing rotations/potential. I think Druid's HoT focus puts the class's potential for complex play close to Bloodmage's.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I have never played as a Bloodmage, so I am unaware of how BloodUnion works in practice. I do, however, LOVE the concept. I think the other healer classes have an opening for a similar mechanic that fits nicely with the background for that class. Here are my suggestions:

Druid: NatureAffinity
  • Creepers destroy the terrain and disrupt the balance that druids hold dear, so killing these creatures would give druids levels in NatureAffinity. Unlike BloodUnion, this would not boost their current skills, nor would it drain away until used or upon logout. Instead, it would unlock more skills for the druid. Use of one of these skills would drain NatureAffinity.
  • The skills unlocked would allow the druid to take on aspects of certain natural things. Aspect of Wolf would increase speed. Aspect of Oak would increase defense. Aspect of spider could increase jump distance/height or poison opponents.
Cleric: Piety
  • Gained via killing the undead, which clerics view as abominations.
  • Skills unlocked: Retribution: striking clerics causes the chance of divine retribution. Lightning may strike the aggressor. RepelUndead: the gods offer the pious soul protection, causing undead to become unaggressive for a time. St. Elmo's Fire: attacking undead sets them ablaze.
Shaman: Juju (?)
  • Preferably, new low-damage ability added called sacrifice. When this ability kills an animal (passive mods worth less than spiders), their life force is sacrificed to the tribal gods.
  • Skills unlocked: TribalFury: attack speed increased. Voodoo: opponent is weakened. Poultice: provides Shaman another heal.
Disciple: Ki
  • Most similar to BloodUnion. Gained from landing a killing blow with bare hands or weapon instead of skills. (since disciples value hand-to-hand combat.
  • No skills unlocked. Acts like BloodUnion and gives boosts to existing skills, as level gains are much easier since they don't have to kill a certain mob/type of mob.
I personally don't think Bloodmage or Disciple need new skills, as their mechanics are easy to increase in level. This is also why their levels can drain away, while the others are only consumed upon use or logout. These suggestions were made mainly with the lore/background of class in mind, not with the intention of making one more powerful than the others.
No, druid should get skills that give "aspects" of wolves and/or spiders but I dunt think this is a very good idea honestly

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I like the idea of clerics restoring health when killing / damaging the undead.

MajDeath

Portal
Nope - I have spoken

Edit: all bloodmages understand the joke in there, anyway on to an "informative" post.

I will say this, they are good ideas however I feel they are plain unnecessary. Also like jasonc1111 said, makes bloodmage feel unoriginal.

- not really informative but oh well

Last edited:

Jaxon_Wolfe

Legacy Supporter 4
I didn't think about it lowering the uniqueness (real word?) of Bloodmage, I was thinking more about making Healers in general something special. For a lot of games healers are a minority, side-class type thing that are basically pure support. While herocraft addresses this issue better than most games, I still feel like there is some of that present. I thought this would make them more appealing. If the appeal isn't in the ability to do damage like it is for wizards and other classes that are offense-heavy, then I think adding a new mechanic backed up by lore could add appeal. To address the Bloodmage feeling less unique issue, what if Bloodmages and Disciples both unlocked other skills in exchange for the boost or at least a lowered boost?

MajDeath

Portal
I didn't think about it lowering the uniqueness (real word?) of Bloodmage, I was thinking more about making Healers in general something special. For a lot of games healers are a minority, side-class type thing that are basically pure support. While herocraft addresses this issue better than most games, I still feel like there is some of that present. I thought this would make them more appealing. If the appeal isn't in the ability to do damage like it is for wizards and other classes that are offense-heavy, then I think adding a new mechanic backed up by lore could add appeal. To address the Bloodmage feeling less unique issue, what if Bloodmages and Disciples both unlocked other skills in exchange for the boost or at least a lowered boost?
Agreed, bloodmage has a low amount of skills compared to anything as is, but why would disciple get skills because bloodmage feels less unique?

Jaxon_Wolfe

Legacy Supporter 4
Well I mentioned disciple b/c I had said that neither bloodmage nor disciple would get more skills from the level. Seemed strange to me to just leave one class out.

MajDeath

Portal
Well I mentioned disciple b/c I had said that neither bloodmage nor disciple would get more skills from the level. Seemed strange to me to just leave one class out.
Sorry for being oblivious now, but what level? o.o
edit: Sorry again, had to re-read the main post.