• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Hamlet] One - Communist Collective [Neutral]

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok, all of the questions that were initially asked from Majores post have been posted on the front page in the usual question form. If you have any more questions, please do ask away! That goes for anyone. We seek to explain our goals, logic, and devices towards success in a way that they can be replicated and understood.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I love how you just copy and pasted my questions exactly! xD

I am sure it will clear a lot up for newer players viewing this thread! :) Thanks! :D

Communism will never work for an entire country, because it's involuntary. If you don't want to be a part of communism, you can't "simply leave". You either suffer through it, get executed, or in an ideal situation, you pay money to physically leave your country (possibly leaving behind family, home, or other priceless things). If you like Communism, you stick around. All the money goes to a central pot and ideally, everyone gets what they need and the surplus is thrown in a chest. Government officials are needed to work full time, because running a country is hard stuff. Inevitably, the government will realize they have access to a ton of money, and they'll lie to themselves that they deserve more than everyone else. Communism breaks.

But let's take a look at the Communist Collective.

It's voluntary. Everyone who is a member of the CC has said "I am willing to give everything I have for the betterment (crap, that's a word?!) of the community." If you don't want to be a part of it, never join. If you want to leave, leave. It's not difficult, you don't have to pay for transportation, and if they kill you? You respawn seconds later. Those who join put all their possessions in a central pot, everything gets divided equally. Surplus goes to an LWC. Government officials are required to interact with the higher powers. If you can decide to make a township with all the perks without having an official mayor/SiC, please let them know, I'm sure they would welcome that! What does the mayor/SiC/council spend their time doing? Paperwork? Sitting in offices? This is Herocraft, they can't do those things. They're out there working with their fellow citizens. Unlike a country's leader, CC's "leaders" have become true peers with their citizens. They really are equal in what they have and what they do. They have additional responsibility because they need that for Herocraft and to protect CC from raiders. They are not rewarded in this; they still work like anyone else in CC and they get the same supplies. Corruption is a possibility, as in the real world. But they seem very genuine, and the chances are much lower since it's just a video game.

I am not affiliated with the Communist Collective in anyway. This is just my interpretation of the situation. I believe that the CC will succeed and will be very powerful in the new map, but not in an oppressive way. I look forward to seeing what you guys accomplish.
And please correct anything I said that was a lie, and I apologize for any inaccuracies.

GraRona

Portal
I've been thinking about it, anyone want to put the pigs above all the other animals in the farm?

Animal farm demonstrates how a communist society can go corrupt. Also, it makes me laugh seeing the quality of Alex's posts and then looking at one of Tyronus' post.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
Granola IDGAF all you do is mess with me if no one has noticed IWILLSPELLITOUTFORYOU I- -D-O-N-T- -GIVEAFUCKABOUTMYFUCKINGGRAMMARIHAVEBETTERTHINGSTODOTHENCAREWHATTHEFUCKTHEINTERNETCARESABOUTMYGRAMMAR.just saying shut the fuck up.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
AGAIN I DDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTT GGGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAA FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK