• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Hamlet] Malum [14] [GOOD]

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Can't login right now, so I thought I'd address something I've been meaning to for a while.

Guild membership is highly discouraged in Malum. There is a tendency for players to think that their guild and town memberships cannot conflict. This is not true, especially so in Malum. We will accept no players that are members of evil or neutral guilds. Any Malum citizen who joins an evil or neutral guild will be immediately expelled from town. There are no exceptions. Your membership in Malum comes before membership in any guild. Guilds may not be formed or based in Malum, under the same penalty.

The only exception to this judgement, is the Pumpkin Pirates. They existed prior to the writing of the official rules, and therefor have been grandfathered in. While I will not turn a blind eye should the guild conflict too severely with the town, the members of the Pumpkin Pirates will be exempt from this rule so long as they remain in the Pumpkin Pirates.
This exemption does not extend to citizens of Malum. You may not join the Pumpkin Pirates and keep citizenship in Malum if you are not already a member.

************​

Another issue I would like to address before it arises, is the new Karma system that is in the works.
In super-short, this plugin will introduce good and evil to the players. If you do bad deeds, you become progressively more evil. Malum WILL have a threshold for players. If you go beyond a certain level of evil, you forfeit your rights in town. This is only a consideration at the moment. If the plugin is not suitable, we will not support it and will have no rules regarding it.

Remember, the rules outlined in this thread extend to all citizens no matter rank, seniority, whether we're friends or enemies. If you cannot follow the rules, you will not be a citizen of Malum.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
On Monday, I'll be logging out of Herocraft for a couple of weeks. I've got some personal things to deal with and will be too busy to do much else than sit idly in town. I should be on a few times, so the town won't be killed by the gods while I'm off in wonderland.

While I'm gone, Nater_Tater is in charge. I do hope he doesn't do anything stupid - Like make alliances or sell the town. Since I won't be around to help, I won't ask anyone to slave away at our various projects.
Nate isn't the mayor now, but while I'm busy, he runs the town.

If you need me, or want talk in between fits of insanity, add me on msn: [email protected]
Facebook is not a good way to contact me.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Nah, I tried that back in Sanctum. Was gonna sell Ultima to someone who could bring it back to life. Kain didn't like that idea.

Nater_Tater

Legacy Supporter 7
Good news everyone! Our solid obsidian walls are 100% complete. After hours and many levels from grinding in the obsidian mines it is done!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Guild membership is highly discouraged in Malum. There is a tendency for players to think that their guild and town memberships cannot conflict. This is not true, especially so in Malum. We will accept no players that are members of evil or neutral guilds. Any Malum citizen who joins an evil or neutral guild will be immediately expelled from town. There are no exceptions. Your membership in Malum comes before membership in any guild. Guilds may not be formed or based in Malum, under the same penalty.

The only exception to this judgement, is the Pumpkin Pirates. They existed prior to the writing of the official rules, and therefor have been grandfathered in. While I will not turn a blind eye should the guild conflict too severely with the town, the members of the Pumpkin Pirates will be exempt from this rule so long as they remain in the Pumpkin Pirates.
This exemption does not extend to citizens of Malum. You may not join the Pumpkin Pirates and keep citizenship in Malum if you are not already a member.
Can I ask whether you would consider the Academy as an exception to this rule?

I don't pretend to know how you operate Malum, but I would love to keep the door open for a presence in your town.
We acknowledge that guilds can conflict with township obligations and our policy is to attribute more importance to our members' duties than to our own functions.

If this is not an option I merely thank you for your time and wish you and your followers the very best.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Can I ask whether you would consider the Academy as an exception to this rule?

I don't pretend to know how you operate Malum, but I would love to keep the door open for a presence in your town.
We acknowledge that guilds can conflict with township obligations and our policy is to attribute more importance to our members' duties than to our own functions.

If this is not an option I merely thank you for your time and wish you and your followers the very best.
Being that The Academy is one of the only guilds whose goals/rules I respect, I would be willing to make the exception. By my standards, the guild is as close to being "Good" as one can go, without declaring war on all that is "evil"

Bob, get with Kurugi to obtain some blazerods. I've heard he has a blaze spawner located, and I'd like you guys to grind the life out of it for some rods before someone sneaks by and smashes it.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I know how you guys love to be targetted and fight all the time, so I'll post a comprehensive list of our enemies some time in the following week. Oh, how many people can I anger with just one post!?

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I was under the misconception that they were difficult to come by. I will revise my demands tomorrow with a much more unreasonable target.