• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Guides] Warp to Tutorial Island Command

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
I was hoping to get this suggestion through the staff privately since it only involves Guides, but since it's a suggestion...

Anyway, my suggestion is that we, as Guides, should be able to physically assist players in the Tutorial Island and enable access to a command so we can warp there to help incoming new players. This, would conveniently help the new guys coming into Herocraft and also, have players interact with the Guides in-game.

It's just like Bankers with their warp to DHX to sell Gold, but Guides with their warp to the Tutorial World.

Guides
What do you guys think?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Amazing idea! It would be great to actually interact with some of the people we are trying to help. Plus seeing real people right off the start is always a bonus!

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah I had this idea a while back as well, we really need this, its hard to be able to guide people when some of us didn't do the tutorial in the start of the map (Remember when the Admins had to port EVERYONE through it because there were too many people?)

I only know because I never asked for a port and just DID the tutorial. However, it was a while ago and its kinda hard to be able to guide people while trying to GUESS where they might be, is kinda difficult.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
It would be a great command! :D

But, what if it was used in PvP? I suggest making it like /skill port or /skill warp: give it a warm-up time, and make it so that you can't use it in PvP.

Besides that, nice idea! :D

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6

But, what if it was used in PvP? I suggest making it like /skill port or /skill warp: give it a warm-up time, and make it so that you can't use it in PvP.

Someone had to mention it, and I knew it was coming...

I doubt anyone will abuse that power, especially when we have a Staff Position.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4

It's simple, make it like the skirmish commands - CAN'T BE USED WHILE IN COMBAT

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Another issue that I could think of would be using it as a fast way to spawn, just take the portal at the end of the tutorial, but as Azen said above if implemented I hope the Guides have the integrity to not do it.(although upon further thought it isn't that bad.)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Someone had to mention it, and I knew it was coming...

I doubt anyone will abuse that power, especially when we have a Staff Position.

Guides have abused their powers before (remember when they could comment on/direct/close petitions?).

It should be done, because there will be people who exploit it. It shouldn't be a problem to the ''good'' guides who wouldn't have used it like that anyways.

Another issue that I could think of would be using it as a fast way to spawn, just take the portal at the end of the tutorial, but as Azen said above if implemented I hope the Guides have the integrity to not do it.(although upon further thought it isn't that bad.)

Good point, how are you going to stop people from doing this? :L With bankers, I was always told they had to /kill or use /skill recall to get them out of the bank.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Just thought; why do you need to help new players on tutorial island? There are plenty of signs to help players, and there is always /ch tour. The island is very basic, so I don't see why they'll need help getting around.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Not to mention that Guides will have full use of skills in this area and will be able to get to areas that were never meant to be explored.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Just thought; why do you need to help new players on tutorial island? There are plenty of signs to help players, and there is always /ch tour. The island is very basic, so I don't see why they'll need help getting around.
People often ask something specific like, "Where do I go next on the island, or where is this sign?" I have been to tutorial island once and I can't remember shit!

Player interaction is a great way to ease the overwhelming sensation of a very busy and complicated server.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
People often ask something specific like, "Where do I go next on the island, or where is this sign?" I have been to tutorial island once and I can't remember shit!

Player interaction is a great way to ease the overwhelming sensation of a very busy and complicated server.

Yes, but surely it's easy enough to just say ''follow/read the signs''. I'm not aware that there are any complicated/confusing areas on the island. If there are, and plenty of new players are having issues with it, then maybe an admin/architect should remove/change that section to make it easier? That is, if it wasn't easy enough already! xD

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Yes, but surely it's easy enough to just say ''follow/read the signs''. I'm not aware that there are any complicated/confusing areas on the island. If there are, and plenty of new players are having issues with it, then maybe an admin/architect should remove/change that section to make it easier? That is, if it wasn't easy enough already! xD
You can't expect that these new players are going to know what to do straight away. Some players disregard the signs and just move wherever.

Majoras, nothing is wrong for this suggestion isn't it? There's nothing wrong for respectful Guides walking around in the Tutorial World. There should be at least a few Guides to provide one-on-one interactive assistance towards the newbies.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
You can't expect that these new players are going to know what to do straight away. Some players disregard the signs and just move wherever.

Majoras, nothing is wrong for this suggestion isn't it? There's nothing wrong for respectful Guides walking around in the Tutorial World. There should be at least a few Guides to provide one-on-one interactive assistance towards the newbies.

Yes there is nothing wrong with guides helping new players. It would be great if they could do this, but what if they exploit the system? Like I said, it's been done before, what's to stop it happening again? If these ''potential exploits'' could be ironed out and prevented, then i'd be more ''in favour'' of this suggestion.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Yes there is nothing wrong with guides helping new players. It would be great if they could do this, but what if they exploit the system? Like I said, it's been done before, what's to stop it happening again? If these ''potential exploits'' could be ironed out and prevented, then i'd be more ''in favour'' of this suggestion.

It would be possible to prevent Guides to not allow them to jump into use exploits. The Warp in combat exploit is easily preventable. Its just like being unable to join Skirmish when Combat tagged. The portal to spawn from Tut Island (including the diving board) could possibly be region protected and have a flag with all Guides 'movement=false' (just like the edge of the world on Bastion, Warshard and Forgelight). Some ideas that may help prevent some possible exploits from Guides.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Or, a mod takes 1o guides on a field trip to the Island, they all remember everything, and can answer stupid questions in tour for the next 2 months until they forget again.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Or, a mod takes 1o guides on a field trip to the Island, they all remember everything, and can answer stupid questions in tour for the next 2 months until they forget again.

The purpose for the warp command isn't just for helping newbies to successfully complete the Tutorial Island, but to also to be physically wonder around the island just prompting any newbie who has any general questions or just simply shouting out some tips they may need to know for the game - all done interactively.

Is there anything wrong with this suggestion, Dsawemd? I won't tolerate sarcasm as a response. Even if its not, constructive criticism is probably the best option out of all options.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
This is a great idea Azen. Stop feeding the trolls by responding to them.