• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion GTP While In Combat

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7
Often times while raiding or getting raided, someone gets gtp'd away from a fight they would lose by a party member that is not around. This is reminiscent of people using /kill on themselves so others don't get the bounty. Only difference is those that get gtp'd away keep all their items. Is there a way to have it so people can't be Group Teleported away while in combat? I understand if you get away from the fight and are saved by your Wizard buddy, but if you're legitimately about to die, is it really fair to get whisked away? If so, I would like to announce Oakenshire is now ONLY inviting in Wizards to be on the standby as we fight. Thoughts?

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
In my opinion this is a perfectly legitimate tactic and there is nothing wrong with it.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
"Teleporting!"
"Wait no - I'm fighting a skeleto..." Oh. Didn't get in on the teleport? Combat tagged.. ;D

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
This would be annoying, imagine people like me who sell ports. Customer A and B are waiting to get ported. Customer B gets tagged by some random skeleton and while he kills it, the GTP sets off and only Customer A gets ported. Customer B doesn't get the service he has paid for and gets pissed.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
While I can understand this may be an irritating tactic to have used against ones self it is still a valid one. The skill Group Teleport is a viable escape measure for if an individual is about to die and they just so happen to have someone who can use the skill to help them get away. It is also a great skill to bring in an attacking force. Those two things make the skill great for tactical advantage. Another fact is that for some towns Group Teleport is the only way to effectively raid them and if people are combat tagged outside of the walls it will be difficult to get sufficient numbers inside the town(only one possible scenario).

Then there is what EtKenn just posted. Changing how Group Teleport in that manner could be disastrous to the mood of the community. It would also likely raise the prices of teleport travel. Probably by only a marginal amount but I could see it being enough to make travel just that more cumbersome.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Often times while raiding or getting raided, someone gets gtp'd away from a fight they would lose by a party member that is not around. This is reminiscent of people using /kill on themselves so others don't get the bounty. Only difference is those that get gtp'd away keep all their items. Is there a way to have it so people can't be Group Teleported away while in combat? I understand if you get away from the fight and are saved by your Wizard buddy, but if you're legitimately about to die, is it really fair to get whisked away? If so, I would like to announce Oakenshire is now ONLY inviting in Wizards to be on the standby as we fight. Thoughts?
I don't care how many times Umbra and TC use this to run from us, its a tactic. "Fighting" isn't just wailing on one another, but the art of strategic movements to beat your foe.

How about a silence? Then you have a chance to null the port. But you must realize that the coordination this takes is amazing. You can't type in combat effectively so the only other method is voice communication which means a plan was in place. Its easier for them to lure you out and ambush you. Try realizing this and counter attacking in return.

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7
This would be annoying, imagine people like me who sell ports. Customer A and B are waiting to get ported. Customer B gets tagged by some random skeleton and while he kills it, the GTP sets off and only Customer A gets ported. Customer B doesn't get the service he has paid for and gets pissed.

It was be easy enough to tell the gtp'd recipients to NOT get into combat or they won't be tp'd. It would then be in their own best interest to not get in combat. A slight bother, but mostly for the buyer, not the wizard.

How about a silence? Then you have a chance to null the port.

The waiting wizard has never in my experience (and if smart enough) been around the combat while gtp'ing the other party away. So silencing (which would make this scenario fair) is not an option. If a handful of ppl raid a town, and while losing have their friend whisk them away, it just seems abusive. Tactis? Sorry to have to repeat myself, but no, this is almost exactly like using /kill to save yourself from paying a bounty. Big difference: You keep your stuff. If you can't get away for a few seconds to get out of combat tag, than either you're not very good at pvp or the attacking party legitimately has you. This is especially true if using voice communication (which almost all the cities on HC use while raiding, even solo). How many times while raiding do you get out of combat? Try to pay attention next time you raid.

This would be a mild annoyance at first, mainly for those abusing it, but would ultimately be better for the community. Perhaps those using it now would think a little before solo raiding to annoy a town while their Wizard pal waits at their town, in case something goes wrong.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Why not make it the way skirmish parties work? Meaning, the wizard won't even be able to use GTP if one of their party members are in combat.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I would charge more for ports if I had to worry about waiting for you not to be in combat.
In any case, the warm up is still very long (15 seconds), so usually when someone starts dying, and they call out for a gtp out, you'd have about 20 seconds to kill them, you can also throw down dots, to kill them even after they get gtp'ed out

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Isn't it one of the perks of the skill? If I am running around leveling, then I am ambushed by 5 guys are you saying I should have to die? I can't reacall, I can't just run away, so I get my friend in my town to gtp me out. Groupteleport has a massive warmup anyways, it's not like I can shout in teamspeak "gtp me!" and I'm automaticaly safe. I need to wait 15 seconds and hope I don't get slaughtered. In my opinion, it isn't much different from a dragoon super jumping away or a bard getting away with quicken.

Putting all these limits on the skill will make it a huge hassle and will take away from the skill.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
Granted it is annoying but for LO when raiding we sometimes enjoy seeing the enemy gtp because it means they are really going to bring a fight or they just hide waiting for more townies to show up

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Why not ban speed potions when your at it, and remove the /skill teleport that the beguiler got (seeing they can tp to party members who get in PVP), not to think of bards quicken and samurais one.
. . . . . . .. . . . . . . (sarcasm)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Why not ban speed potions when your at it, and remove the /skill teleport that the beguiler got (seeing they can tp to party members who get in PVP), not to think of bards quicken and samurais one.
. . . . . . .. . . . . . . (sarcasm)
Jump, Megajump and Blink.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
i understand how this can be frustrating for you, but its not the easiest thing to do and does take a bit of coordination, and doesnt always get off in time. saving people as a wizard by doing this is fun and I think it should stay in the game

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7
About a month ago, this issue was brought up by a more 'well-known' HC player in a similar thread (http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/group-teleport-rework.40650/#post-334606). He received quite a bit of agreement, but nothing has quite been done about this. I was curious if this is something we can expect to see in a future revamp or not.

Also, I found it funny how five months after I made this post and received a bunch of dislikes, he makes the EXACT same suggestion and gets praised from the community. I know, I know, #butthurt.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
About a month ago, this issue was brought up by a more 'well-known' HC player in a similar thread (http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/group-teleport-rework.40650/#post-334606). He received quite a bit of agreement, but nothing has quite been done about this. I was curious if this is something we can expect to see in a future revamp or not.

Also, I found it funny how five months after I made this post and received a bunch of dislikes, he makes the EXACT same suggestion and gets praised from the community. I know, I know, #butthurt.

I have to say, most of these comments are full of ignorance and some just plain bullshit. First off, I would like to address vic's response. He post's as if we, being to TC, are inferior to his sad existence. TC very rarely, and I only say this because I cannot say "never," GTP'd out of fights. If anything we used it to regroup. However, I liked the ideas posted on my tread about the 'radius' usage. If you are tagged for combat, BY A PLAYER, not from a mob, then GTP will not allow you to escape if your wizard isn't within range. There was talk of being tagged by mobs, on this thread, and that is just nonsense. Are you PVP tagged if you attack mobs in a non-pvp area?? The answer is no. Therefore we can distinguish between PVE and PVP combat tagging. My suggestion was for PVP tagging, not allowing you to be GTP away.