• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Group Teleport Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
My suggestion is simply this. If you are (PVP) combat tagged, you cannot be ported to your wizard with GTP. ATM GTP offers too much utility. It should NOT be used to avoid PVP deaths. It should only be used to go from place to place. TOO many players sit in a party with a wizard, and at the first sign of trouble get ported away to safety. Players also use it to get out of a team fight if they feel they are about to lose. This is not a legitimate way to fight. That is all.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Imagine this: A person is buying a port to spawn. They're waiting for the port, but right before the port happens, someone comes up and combat tags them. Now, they have to fight, and got cheated out of their money (and possibly whatever they had on them to take to spawn if they die).

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree, but maybe if the wizard is within say.. 50 blocks, they can GTP combat tagged members. In this way, it can be used as a PvP tactic and not such an exploit.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Imagine this: A person is buying a port to spawn. They're waiting for the port, but right before the port happens, someone comes up and combat tags them. Now, they have to fight, and got cheated out of their money (and possibly whatever they had on them to take to spawn if they die).
If the trade is agreed upon in trade chat and the person is not ported, money must be returned.

KleenX

Iron
This mechanic needs to be fixed. It makes GTP sooo broken and ruins a lot of the fun out of Herocraft. I really want to see this fixed. It is worse than pvp logging ever was. At least with combat logging I could camp the guy till he logged in. With this all you need to do is have your wiz warm up the gtp when your in trouble. Run for 10 blocks while your still at half health then get GTPd. Then you could be a whole map away from your enemys. It is so frustrating and ruins the whole pvp experience in general.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree, but maybe if the wizard is within say.. 50 blocks, they can GTP combat tagged members. In this way, it can be used as a PvP tactic and not such an exploit.
I would support this suggestion if this was made the case.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2

Cant see to much wrong with this.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
This mechanic needs to be fixed. It makes GTP sooo broken and ruins a lot of the fun out of Herocraft. I really want to see this fixed. It is worse than pvp logging ever was. At least with combat logging I could camp the guy till he logged in. With this all you need to do is have your wiz warm up the gtp when your in trouble. Run for 10 blocks while your still at half health then get GTPd. Then you could be a whole map away from your enemys. It is so frustrating and ruins the whole pvp experience in general.

What is so wrong with some people just not wanting pvp? T~T

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6

Yeah GTP is a very useful skill tactically, if some of your party gets caught by the enemy you can GTP them to the main force to regroup and then fight back.

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
My suggestion is simply this. If you are (PVP) combat tagged, you cannot be ported to your wizard with GTP. ATM GTP offers too much utility. It should NOT be used to avoid PVP deaths. It should only be used to go from place to place. TOO many players sit in a party with a wizard, and at the first sign of trouble get ported away to safety. Players also use it to get out of a team fight if they feel they are about to lose. This is not a legitimate way to fight. That is all.

pls

what777

Max Legacy Supporter

They want to PVP, and often iniate the fight. If they are about to lose however, they get GTPed out without losing their stuff, and then will come back in 10minutes to try and kill you again.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
They want to PVP, and often iniate the fight. If they are about to lose however, they get GTPed out without losing their stuff, and then will come back in 10minutes to try and kill you again.

In that case, I can totally agree with you - if they intiate the fight, they should fight till the end, however, people like me, really hate PvP. If someone attacked me, and I was about to get a GTP before he attacked me, too bad for him/her. Also if I manage to get someone to GTP me while (s)he's fighting me.
If I don't want to PvP, then hell, I WON'T PvP.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Some things are changing with teleports and port in general.

1) There will be a line of port skills that take your entire group with you to the "spires" / "rings" that are in 10R
2) Group teleport may be renamed and changed to be more descriptive and or go to a different class altogether

Thanks for reading.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Some things are changing with teleports and port in general.

1) There will be a line of port skills that take your entire group with you to the "spires" / "rings" that are in 10R
2) Group teleport may be renamed and changed to be more descriptive and or go to a different class altogether

Thanks for reading.
NOOOOO
I ONLY WENT WIZARD FOR GROUP TELEPORT -_-
I don't even have it yet -_-'

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8

I would personally feel more comfortable with 100 block in combat range and unlimited in world for out of combat.
GTP is so heavily used as part of combat tactics offensively and defensively that it should be limited to a point but it's a great strategic skill to have and use.

KleenX

Iron

The fact that people use it to pvp and then escape when things dont go in their favor is annoying. Its your fault if you don't want to pvp and you get caught out in pvp. Its hardcore. If you don't want to pvp never go above lvl 10 on all classes. Just stay in no-pvp regions. Remember Hardcore. There should always be some danger and being able to avoid that danger all the time is broken. You can avoid it easily and that is intended, using GTP to avoid it when you have already been caught out should not be intended.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Unless I am directly told by Kainzo that he wishes to see this change occur, I do not plan to rework GTP as Wonderbuck/KleenX are describing.

I could possibly see Jonsoon's/Eldry's suggestion going through, but I just don't have enough of a desire to code it right now. There are higher priority things I'd prefer to work on.

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
2) Group teleport may... go to a different class altogether

Yes! Goodbye bandwagon greedy undercutting wizards. But whom would you give it to? Something underplayed like mystic to make it more rewarding to level?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Then you owe me 80c good sir
Someone is already trying to scam me on this. A few thing...
1) I always port when people pay me, and return coin if I refuse to port or the port fails.
2) When I refused to port you and whoever else it was, I returned the coin. Show me a screenshot otherwise as I will gladly return the coin.
3) Take it out of this thread. Bring it up with the admins if you deem it necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.