• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Gooncraft

So I think I speak for many of the low mobility (and some of the high mobility) classes that are trying to kill a dragoon. They are entirely too hard to catch. Any decent dragoon can use non-flat terrain to jump away from enemy pursuers.

I do understand that melee classes need gap closers, as ranged classes need gap openers. What I don't understand is why a dragoon can use a low CD gap opener/closer repeatedly to escape every situation they do not wish to be in. Traditionally, it seems counterproductive to have a gap opener on a melee class that depends entirely on being in your face.

I understand that pvp objectives are about to be put into HC, but right now all we have is world pvp. In world pvp, it is the high mobility classes that dominate as they can escape and pursue the low mobility classes in almost any environment. It is to the point that I shy away from Dragoon bounties simply because I know they will escape me 90% of the time.

How to fix: One suggestion I would like to make about dragoon's jump ability is make it a targetable ability. By forcing the dragoon to leap to a mob or enemy player, the dragoon will be using their jump ability as a gap closer rather than an escape. If they wish to try to escape, they will still have their superjump ability.

I welcome any and all feedback to this idea.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
How to fix: One suggestion I would like to make about dragoon's jump ability is make it a targetable ability. By forcing the dragoon to leap to a mob or enemy player, the dragoon will be using their jump ability as a gap closer rather than an escape. If they wish to try to escape, they will still have their superjump ability.

Basically changing jump to charge, interesting.

Oudaiesty

Legacy Supporter 6
I feel like this would make Goon an actual Warrior class like the rest of them =D

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Most Dragoons care more about how fun it is to Jump around and never risk dying than they do about everyone else's point of view. :(

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Many people in the past (myself included) have suggested that Jump on Dragoon be removed altogether and replace with a move that functions the same way but is targeted and cant be used to escape with, ex) Lunge, Charge. We always get the same moaning from people who play dragoon that things like that would "make the class less fun" and other irrelevant theories. Goon is constantly being complained about because of this one skill. It's really time to just change it radically or remove it all together imo.

So it would be basically a better version of Berserker's Lunge.
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/balance-suggestion-for-dragoon.47289/
*Cough*

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Many people in the past (myself included) have suggested that Jump on Dragoon be removed altogether and replace with a move that functions the same way but is targeted and cant be used to escape with, ex) Lunge, Charge. We always get the same moaning from people who play dragoon that things like that would "make the class less fun" and other irrelevant theories. Goon is constantly being complained about because of this one skill. It's really time to just change it radically or remove it all together imo.

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/balance-suggestion-for-dragoon.47289/
*Cough*
I know of it...I WAS THERE!

TBH I hate tremor the most. If you ever get close to a goon they just knock you back.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Im a firm believer that we should treat jump like enderpearls, normal cd out of combat and bump it to 30 seconds in combat.

Terisye

TNT
Yup too many people have been saying the same thing for a long time and I too agree that if it is being talked about this much and it always comes down to the same situation with jump, we should change or do something about it.

Ultanian

Portal
How about while combat tagged jump works like lunge, but out of combat works like normal?

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
How about while combat tagged jump works like lunge, but out of combat works like normal?

^^ Likes this idea.

Some dragoons don't pvp, but rather use their jump ability to build things way up in the air which helps their ability to mitigate fall damage. I hope that we don't hyperfocus on pvp only, as there are multiple aspects to HC beyond pvp (thank goodness, b/c pvp has barely had a heartbeat in Haven thus far - hooray for things PVP on the horizon).