• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [General] The Server Needs a Revamp (Especially For PVP)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I can't say I've been too active lately due to school then starting almost all of my classes a month and a half late, however I have seen games where PVP and PVE work well together.

Over Christmas break I took a little time to play Albion and after a few hours of mindless grinding I got 4.3 gear. It wasn't the best by any means, but still capable of fighting people in higher tiered gear. The items were easy to obtain after you unlock them in the destiny board and were very cheap to buy from other players. The high tier items in the game eventually force you to go into PVP areas with full loot when killed. I personally love the system employed on albion as it always gives you something to do. You don't have the best gear at all, but can still PVP very well if coordinated, if not open world you can attack and claim land or run a dungeon solo or with a group, or even just go gather resources.

That is what I've always seen as herocraft's goal, PVP may not be the absolute main focus, but it is still a very meaningful and strong concept in the big picture of things. At the end game you will need to PVE a bit, BUT it's by choice since higher gear only gives fairly minor advantages. I see this game as a nice little example of what I personally think could be a start to bringing the mass success Herocraft had in the past back to the giant clans fighting for control.