• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [General] The Server Needs a Revamp (Especially For PVP)

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
I'd be very greatful if you take the time to read all this, but if you must TLDR is at the bottom.

====================================================================================================

I'll start this off with an example of what the server looked like 3 maps ago. There were huge clans of PVPers that consisted of 20+ active players each clan. There were constant battles almost everyday with as many people fighting that could fit into the parties.

Right now in the current day, there are 65 players on. I look left and right and I can barely seen any PVP on live. The only PVP now consists of people on arena fighting over and over, or players camping newer players. When the remaining PVP players try to fight the type of PVP that they longed for and experienced in previous maps, they're met with towns on towns that are all boarded up with walls, trenches, and undercities. Houses in towns all brandish a big iron door that no one can use because of towny, and whenever players see the phrase "RAIDERS" in their town chat, they all dive into their houses and undercities and wait it out.

I think many people can agree with me that PVP has definitely suffered a great amount and diminished in relation to previous maps. I understand that there are many similar PVP mechanics and features with maps like Bastion, Zeal. The problem is the community. Many of the players that longed for and were involved in the great PVP battles in previous maps have all up and left. The remaining PVP clans consist of the remaining players from the great PVP towns.

{The main people PVPing as an example: Zelphril (Raubtier) Irish (AD/LO) Spikes/Sosa (Freepers) The Brits (Thunderbutt) Munch (Freelancer PVPer) Me (Rangpur/Indar) Piptendo (Freelancer PVPer) Midnightshadows (Freelancer PVPer) Pampita (Freepers)}

The people that I mentioned are generally all the remaining players from large PVP towns/nations that used to consist of 20+ players each that played and PVPed quite actively. You used to be able to press tab and count out at least 30 player who loved to PVP and werent scared for a fight. Now if you press tab these days you'd be struggling to find 10 people who fit that bill. So I know this has a lot to do with the community and people changing, leaving. But speaking to many of the PVPers who left HC they've all left during Aegis/Valorium when many changes that were implemented were just not favourable for PVP and the PVP community.

Right now, raiding is just hard. A good majority of the server hate/or really dislike PVP. Many towns are just boarded up with everyone in their houses and their undercities, farming away, building, and not giving a care in the world for PVP. I've spoken to so many players and they just don't like to PVP and they feel like they shouldn't be obliged to.

Now this raises a question, what is this server genre wise? I've and a lot of people have known this server as a Hardcore RPG PVP server. But a lot of players seem to view it as an RPG PVE server where they can enjoy building, killing mobs, getting money, without having to experience their biggest pet peeve, PVP. Now I want to express that I understand its an RPG, but I want to make it clear that I personally believe (as well as many people) that RPG is different from Roleplay. RPG in my eyes, is having a class, leveling it, using skills, etc. Roleplaying to me, is fully becoming a different person, accepting a different fantasy persona and acting wholeheartedly as that.

Now many players who hate PVP and who want to spend their Herocraft days building their town, without having to expeience any bit of PVP use roleplaying as an excuse. They think its fine to just use "I'm here for the roleplay" as an excuse to avoid PVP at all costs on what I view as a PVP RPG server.

There are so many things that make this server less of a PVP server than before, like the multiple ways to get around the world SAFELY, Herogates, /skill warp, /skill recall, /skill townspawn. And the lack of raiding system, making it so that even trying to raid towns and kill people are nearly impossible due to people being closed off in their bedrock undercities refusing to defend their towns.
AS a PVE player I can easily live and enjoy my time on the server without any fear of having to PVP or meet an unpleasant group of raiders which is the complete opposite of what I think the server should be like, and was like.

Now I understand Kainzo that you spend a whole lot of time on the server, months, and months. And I thank you for giving me hours of endless entertainment and I know many people who agree with my opinion will be with me in saying you've done a lot of great for the server. But I feel its come to a moment where the older veteran players who played for the great PVP battles are coming to the end of their line. Theres almost nothing for me anymore except for the community, the people who I've known for over 2 years. The only type of thrill comes from constant and repetitive /arena joins and the occasional noob camping, because the majority of the well geared, veteran players now are just scared to PVP. I miss the PVP that you would see in the previous maps, with a full 10v10 in a desert where you wouldn't know who to focus, and whos who.

I personally know a lot of my ranting in o chat probably falls on deaf ears, so I hope that this thread can act as a final plea from the remaining PVP community on the server so that we can collectively discuss possible fixes and things we can improve. I don't have solid ideas to bring back PVP onto the server, but I know many people in this great PVP community do, and I hope that people will share, new and old. Because I truly feel like PVP is withering on the server, and this is really my last try at fixing, and improving it.

Things I'm thinking about include
  • Improved Advertising (focus more on PVP possibly) {Youtubers can and sometimes do work - https://www.youtube.com/user/CraftedMovie/videos}
  • Incentives to PVP
  • Events (hunt is a good start, but more PVP focused)
  • A raiding system for towns(that ik Kainzo was working on)
  • Tweaks to rules to make PVP more prevalent
  • Thinking again about not releasing the second factions server that might clash with the PVP on Original HC
  • Recruiting more admins/staff that gives us more hands to make these changes
====================================================================================================

TDLR : PVP on the server is suffering and slowly dying. The community is a big reason why. Many people have left because of changes that weren't all that good for the PVP community, and there are a lot of small reasons why. I'm hoping that this will act as a master thread for anyone that cares to brainstorm and discuss what to do to bring the great PVP battles back to Herocraft, instead of ./a j and hunting noobs all day.

@Balance Team @Heralds @Admins @Kainzo

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I'd be very greatful if you take the time to read all this, but if you must TLDR is at the bottom.

I'll start this off with an example of what the server looked like 3 maps ago. There were huge clans of PVPers that consisted of 20+ active players each clan. There were constant battles almost everyday with as many people fighting that could fit into the parties.

Right now in the current day, there are 65 players on. I look left and right and I can barely seen any PVP on live. The only PVP now consists of people on arena fighting over and over, or players camping newer players. When the remaining PVP players try to fight the type of PVP that they longed for and experienced in previous maps, they're met with towns on towns that are all boarded up with walls, trenches, and undercities. Houses in towns all brandish a big iron door that no one can use because of towny, and whenever players see the phrase "RAIDERS" in their town chat, they all dive into their houses and undercities and wait it out.

I think many people can agree with me that PVP has definitely suffered a great amount and diminished in relation to previous maps. I understand that there are many similar PVP mechanics and features with maps like Bastion, Zeal. The problem is the community. Many of the players that longed for and were involved in the great PVP battles in previous maps have all up and left. The remaining PVP clans consist of the remaining players from the great PVP towns.

{The main people PVPing as an example: Zelphril (Raubtier) Irish (AD/LO) Spikes/Sosa (Freepers) The Brits (Thunderbutt) Munch (Freelancer PVPer) Me (Rangpur/Indar) Piptendo (Freelancer PVPer) Midnightshadows (Freelancer PVPer) Pampita (Freepers)}

The people that I mentioned are generally all the remaining players from large PVP towns/nations that used to consist of 20+ players each that played and PVPed quite actively. You used to be able to press tab and count out at least 30 player who loved to PVP and werent scared for a fight. Now if you press tab these days you'd be struggling to find 10 people who fit that bill. So I know this has a lot to do with the community and people changing, leaving. But speaking to many of the PVPers who left HC they've all left during Aegis/Valorium when many changes that were implemented were just not favourable for PVP and the PVP community.

Right now, raiding is just hard. A good majority of the server hate/or really dislike PVP. Many towns are just boarded up with everyone in their houses and their undercities, farming away, building, and not giving a care in the world for PVP. I've spoken to so many players and they just don't like to PVP and they feel like they shouldn't be obliged to.

Now this raises a question, what is this server genre wise? I've and a lot of people have known this server as a Hardcore RPG PVP server. But a lot of players seem to view it as an RPG PVE server where they can enjoy building, killing mobs, getting money, without having to experience their biggest pet peeve, PVP. Now I want to express that I understand its an RPG, but I want to make it clear that I personally believe (as well as many people) that RPG is different from Roleplay. RPG in my eyes, is having a class, leveling it, using skills, etc. Roleplaying to me, is fully becoming a different person, accepting a different fantasy persona and acting wholeheartedly as that.

Now many players who hate PVP and who want to spend their Herocraft days building their town, without having to expeience any bit of PVP use roleplaying as an excuse. They think its fine to just use "I'm here for the roleplay" as an excuse to avoid PVP at all costs on what I view as a PVP RPG server.

There are so many things that make this server less of a PVP server than before, like the multiple ways to get around the world SAFELY, Herogates, /skill warp, /skill recall, /skill townspawn. And the lack of raiding system, making it so that even trying to raid towns and kill people are nearly impossible due to people being closed off in their bedrock undercities refusing to defend their towns.
AS a PVE player I can easily live and enjoy my time on the server without any fear of having to PVP or meet an unpleasant group of raiders which is the complete opposite of what I think the server should be like, and was like.

Now I understand Kainzo that you spend a whole lot of time on the server, months, and months. And I thank you for giving me hours of endless entertainment and I know many people who agree with my opinion will be with me in saying you've done a lot of great for the server. But I feel its come to a moment where the older veteran players who played for the great PVP battles are coming to the end of their line. Theres almost nothing for me anymore except for the community, the people who I've known for over 2 years. The only type of thrill comes from constant and repetitive /arena joins and the occasional noob camping, because the majority of the well geared, veteran players now are just scared to PVP. I miss the PVP that you would see in the previous maps, with a full 10v10 in a desert where you wouldn't know who to focus, and whos who.

I personally know a lot of my ranting in o chat probably falls on deaf ears, so I hope that this thread can act as a final plea from the remaining PVP community on the server so that we can collectively discuss possible fixes and things we can improve. I don't have solid ideas to bring back PVP onto the server, but I know many people in this great PVP community do, and I hope that people will share, new and old. Because I truly feel like PVP is withering on the server, and this is really my last try at fixing, and improving it.

• Improved Advertising (focus more on PVP possibly) {Youtubers can and sometimes do work - https://www.youtube.com/user/CraftedMovie/videos}
  • Incentives to PVP
  • Thinking again about not releasing the second factions server that might clash with the PVP on Original HC

TDLR : PVP on the server is suffering and slowly dying. The community is a big reason why. Many people have left because of changes that weren't all that good for the PVP community, and there are a lot of small reasons why. I'm hoping that this will act as a master thread for anyone that cares to brainstorm and discuss what to do to bring the great PVP battles back to Herocraft, instead of ./a j and hunting noobs all day.

@Balance Team @Heralds @Admins
I fully agree with this. improving advertising is a great idea, we should hire youtubers that have a lot of subs, like for instance ASFJerome, he will do it for 600$, not saying he is the one we should do.

I agree with the fact that PvP should be more of a thing on the server. Currently however, there are a few things that need to change in order for that to be a thing.

First of all it needs to be easier to max lvl a class. If this does not happen then new players will always be at a huge disadvantage to veteran players and will enter the game with a mindset along the lines of 'do no fight other players. Chances are, they will destroy you.' If the server went back to the more linear xp gains then I think that there is a much better chance a lot of new pvpers will arise.

I wholeheartedly with the suggestion as to raiding towns. I do not, however, believe that they should be damageable in any permanent way though I do believe that it should force players to fight. (Civcraft has a good way of doing this: every Saturday for one hour if someone attacks and successfully conquers ur town, u become part of their empire)

And whilst advertising should be something that happens, let's think before we choose a youtuber to advertise the server: their target audience, IQ (xD) and if we really believe they will (themselves) enjoy the server, because I'd they don't, chances are they won't advertise it in a nice way and they won't show off all of its aspects

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
I agree with the fact that PvP should be more of a thing on the server. Currently however, there are a few things that need to change in order for that to be a thing.

First of all it needs to be easier to max lvl a class. If this does not happen then new players will always be at a huge disadvantage to veteran players and will enter the game with a mindset along the lines of 'do no fight other players. Chances are, they will destroy you.' If the server went back to the more linear xp gains then I think that there is a much better chance a lot of new pvpers will arise.

I wholeheartedly with the suggestion as to raiding towns. I do not, however, believe that they should be damageable in any permanent way though I do believe that it should force players to fight. (Civcraft has a good way of doing this: every Saturday for one hour if someone attacks and successfully conquers ur town, u become part of their empire)

And whilst advertising should be something that happens, let's think before we choose a youtuber to advertise the server: their target audience, IQ (xD) and if we really believe they will (themselves) enjoy the server, because I'd they don't, chances are they won't advertise it in a nice way and they won't show off all of its aspects

Yea, I agree that leveling right now is a bit more tedious than before the leveling changes, and right now the phrase "I can't level without a boost" is more true than ever. On top of that, the dungeons make it extremely hard for players to solo level which creates many problems within itself.

Secondly, I think the raiding stuff that Kainzo was planning to implement did make it so blocks and things that were destroyed would regen to prevent mass grief.

And I agree that certain youtubers might negatively affect our server even more, and that we do need to be careful about what type of advertising we do choose to do.

xMJay

Portal
leveling sucks and the anti cheat doesnt allow me to move while warming stuff up and cleric t2's ultimate skills sucks

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
  • Improved Advertising (focus more on PVP possibly) {Youtubers can and sometimes do work -https://www.youtube.com/user/CraftedMovie/videos}
  • Incentives to PVP

Just gonna talk about these.

1: I believe Kainzo has some form of plan to dump money into a new advertising plan. He said this in one of the patch notes iirc.
2: What incentives would PvPer's look for? If we make loot drop people don't use rare gear & Medals are easily farmed
3: Events are hard, mainly due to the work an Admin has to do. Also due to a lack of Event Ideas that aren't just Loot Drops.
4: As stated, Kain's workin on it
5: Please start discussion on this. What rules would you like changed/added?
6: That's entirely up to Kain
7: Kain has stated that Admin is a hard position to give, due to the nature of the job. Mod is a little easier but ultimately Kainzo knows how many staff members he wants.

While I cannot implement anything myself, discussing these things and getting a plan more stable than "Change it" is essential to get anything to change.

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
...RPG is different from Roleplay. RPG in my eyes, is having a class, leveling it, using skills, etc. Roleplaying to me, is fully becoming a different person, accepting a different fantasy persona and acting wholeheartedly as that.

This was a point I had briefly elaborated on Teamspeak when we were discussing this, and I believe this wholeheartedly.

IF YOU NEED A TL;DR, SKIP TO THE BOTTOM.

As someone had attempted to relate this to WoW, we can all agree that WoW kind of sets the bar for an RPG experience. It's one of the longest lasting, if not THE longest lasting MMORPG that has been around.

Some points that were brought up in MY mind involved the following:
  1. WoW is an RPG, not a game you can "roleplay" in. The fact that there exists separate servers for RP and PvP and the like give players of WoW the impression that in a PvP server, there's no place for RP. Of course as an RPG you're still leveling classes, acquiring skills, getting gear and adventuring. These are all what makes an RPG, but when you actually RP in a server that is PvP enabled in such a way that completely defeats PvP as an option for you is when it deteriorates the value of the server.
  2. In WoW, you don't lose anything when you die in PvP, save for some item durability loss. This is very similar to Herocraft as it stands. Dying in Herocraft encompasses dropping a cenotaph with everything but your armor and weapon, and even they take durability loss. Players shouldn't be "affected by anxiety when PvPing" or "trying to live the RP experience" when in all honesty there isn't much to lose. PvP should be emphasized to force players to overcome these "anxieties and fears" of PvPing.
  3. There are MANY servers that are for RPG PvE experiences for those players who seek that in a server that disallows PvP, (not going to name names unless asked) so why should players who are fearful of PvP find a "hardcore PvP RPG server" such as Herocraft. For players who are here for the PvP suffering because players are not wanting to go for this PvP, they shouldn't ruin the experience of other players with their attitudes of "no, no PvP, thanks" and instead seek refuge elsewhere where the community would welcome them more. Similar to WoW, if you don't want to PvP, you don't have to join a PvP server. If you don't want to RP, you don't have to join an RP server. Minecraft has many servers for each of those things, and the fact this server tries to combine them is both a good thing and a bad thing. Good because it combines two aspects that would make for a pleasant experience, and bad because of course some people don't want to PvP and it ruins the fun for us veterans. TL;DR, players if they don't want to PvP shouldn't build walls that are 37 blocks tall and hide from one of the server's most redeeming aspects.
  4. Heroes advertises itself as a PvP plugin. "Heroes offers your players a new style of PvP through our well-developed skill system and our weapon + armor restrictions" (http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/heroes). Although found in the "role playing" category, it is agreed that Heroes is NOT a "role playing plugin."
Herocraft, when I had joined, was such a pleasant experience. I of course hopped a few servers here and there, but Herocraft was always one I kept coming back to. What with the state of PvP and content as it is now, I honestly don't know how much longer I'll be able to express interest. I've stayed strong through many players quitting the server, some of which are close friends of mine to this day. I just hate to see the community fall apart over something as simple to fix as a lack of incentive to PvP.

In my eyes, the suggestions FaZe has proposed sufficiently covers what should happen if we're to steer this crashing vehicle into a giant pillow factory to preserve the lives people spend on Herocraft.

TL;DR: I agree with FaZe. I have supplied key points to why PvP is crucial to a server like this.

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
@devotedworker don't just face palm my post and return to the shadows, explain why you think its a bad idea, and why you disagree with what I've said. I'm interested in hearing why you seem to not want the return of the previously heavily populated PVP community.

SpikesLawL

Stone
I think kainzo is leading the server into a new era and I'm sure the server will repopulate itself! Kainzo has a vision and I believe in him!

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Having been a PvE pleb in the past, then being forced to get slightly gud due to my town being contently attacked in prior maps,

Can confirm, PvP is fun as hell and better then PvE, and I want a chance to experience these mythical 10v10s before the server dies.

@devotedworker , Why DID you F-palm the OP?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
@devotedworker don't just face palm my post and return to the shadows, explain why you think its a bad idea, and why you disagree with what I've said. I'm interested in hearing why you seem to not want the return of the previously heavily populated PVP community.
  • Improved Advertising (focus more on PVP possibly) {Youtubers can and sometimes do work - https://www.youtube.com/user/CraftedMovie/videos} Why focus on PVP? Why not advertise to a wider group of people. That would improve our #'s more. While I can say putting a PVP Based Add on a PVP Server Listing wouldn't be a bad idea. We should put Ads for all server groups everywhere.
  • Incentives to PVP Like what? Ideas like "Don't lose yah stuff" and "Battle Points" went down in flames as the Lesser inventory drop rate angered the Track/Raid people and battle points where constantly farmed by the same people ( If you have enough high skilled peeps, you pretty much win 100% ). My point is, a good idea or incentive to PVP is hard to do. Not all ideas work either. Suggest some ideas in another Forum and see what blooms from it.
  • Events (hunt is a good start, but more PVP focused) Events are Time Consuming and tournaments tend to go sour very quickly, Mods and Admins ( From what I've heard from some ) are usually dreading hosting them.
  • A raiding system for towns(that ik Kainzo was working on) No complaints. If its terrible I'll complain then.
  • Tweaks to rules to make PVP more prevalent Why make the Map focused on one thing. We should be appealing to all groups to increase the Server #'s. Woot Woot!
  • Thinking again about not releasing the second factions server that might clash with the PVP on Original HC I actually had this complaint and Kainzo explained it as this "We are making a plae for people interested in Faction Servers to come Join our Network. Its not intended to draw away from the Main Server, but to serve as a Second Community within our Borders. Its to attract people who wouldn't play on live to come play here." Hope that helps settle your fears
  • Recruiting more admins/staff that gives us more hands to make these changes As many people have explained, Recruiting Mods and Admins isn't easy. Kainzo is a smart man, and doesn't trust everyone he meets instantly. It takes a lot of Devotion and Herocraft Love to become a Mod or Admin, and that can't just be found by wishing for it. He will recruit people in time, in the meantime lets try to avoid running away the people we have aleady ( *Glares at excessive Petition makers* )

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
"Why focus on PVP? Why not advertise to a wider group of people."

Because from what I hear, the server was originally made for PVP. Advertising to a wider group of people is what caused this conflict in the first place, and now we suddenly have a little war between the PVP players who have been around for longer, and the PVE players who only really stay on for maybe 3-5 months then drop off. Most of the Vets left due to updates geared towards the PVE community, and player counts dropped. Devivdeing the community AGAIN onto a factions server is an even worse idea. IMO this whole thing could have been avoided if adventure was finished way back when, and all of the PVE updates were removed from live. Then PVEs could have their Adventure and PVPs could have their teamfights.

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
  • Improved Advertising (focus more on PVP possibly) {Youtubers can and sometimes do work - https://www.youtube.com/user/CraftedMovie/videos} Why focus on PVP? Why not advertise to a wider group of people. That would improve our #'s more. While I can say putting a PVP Based Add on a PVP Server Listing wouldn't be a bad idea. We should put Ads for all server groups everywhere.
  • Incentives to PVP Like what? Ideas like "Don't lose yah stuff" and "Battle Points" went down in flames as the Lesser inventory drop rate angered the Track/Raid people and battle points where constantly farmed by the same people ( If you have enough high skilled peeps, you pretty much win 100% ). My point is, a good idea or incentive to PVP is hard to do. Not all ideas work either. Suggest some ideas in another Forum and see what blooms from it.
  • Events (hunt is a good start, but more PVP focused) Events are Time Consuming and tournaments tend to go sour very quickly, Mods and Admins ( From what I've heard from some ) are usually dreading hosting them.
  • A raiding system for towns(that ik Kainzo was working on) No complaints. If its terrible I'll complain then.
  • Tweaks to rules to make PVP more prevalent Why make the Map focused on one thing. We should be appealing to all groups to increase the Server #'s. Woot Woot!
  • Thinking again about not releasing the second factions server that might clash with the PVP on Original HC I actually had this complaint and Kainzo explained it as this "We are making a plae for people interested in Faction Servers to come Join our Network. Its not intended to draw away from the Main Server, but to serve as a Second Community within our Borders. Its to attract people who wouldn't play on live to come play here." Hope that helps settle your fears
  • Recruiting more admins/staff that gives us more hands to make these changes As many people have explained, Recruiting Mods and Admins isn't easy. Kainzo is a smart man, and doesn't trust everyone he meets instantly. It takes a lot of Devotion and Herocraft Love to become a Mod or Admin, and that can't just be found by wishing for it. He will recruit people in time, in the meantime lets try to avoid running away the people we have aleady ( *Glares at excessive Petition makers* )

In response to "Why not advertise to a wider group of people" and "Why make the map focused on one thing": I agree that possibly advertising to a broader group of people might improve our numbers more, but the problem is we've tried. When we introduced PVE onto the server (a large minecraft player group) it was met with more negative reviews than positive reviews from the majority of the player base. The reason why? The server has always had very deep roots in PVP and the RPG community.

Whenever we have had tweaked the server, and the map to conform to every player group, PVE, Roleplay, Builders, etc. It has always supressed another specific player group, mostly the previous majority, the PVP player community. The addition of PVE to the server was detrimental to the PVP community and dozens and dozens of PVP players permanently left the server because of it. This leads to our situation now where people in favor of PVE have found it easier and easier to live their lives with little to no PVP interaction.

I mean I'm all for roleplayers, builders, but when the majority of the people playing try to avoid PVP like the plague, that shows that the player base that has been edged out of the server from the past is indeed the PVP player base. It shows that simply appealing to everyone clashes, and usually doesn't work as nicely as you'd want it to.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
"Why focus on PVP? Why not advertise to a wider group of people."

Because from what I hear, the server was originally made for PVP. Advertising to a wider group of people is what caused this conflict in the first place, and now we suddenly have a little war between the PVP players who have been around for longer, and the PVE players who only really stay on for maybe 3-5 months then drop off. Most of the Vets left due to updates geared towards the PVE community, and player counts dropped. Devivdeing the community AGAIN onto a factions server is an even worse idea. IMO this whole thing could have been avoided if adventure was finished way back when, and all of the PVE updates were removed from live. Then PVEs could have their Adventure and PVPs could have their teamfights.
"Because from what I hear, the server was originally made for PVP"

Just because it was made originally for PVP doesn't mean it should stay that way. Our Modern day mouthwashes used to be Cheap Floorcleaners, that doesn't mean it should have stayed Floorcleaner, I want good breath dammit!

"Advertising to a wider group of people is what caused this conflict in the first place, and now we suddenly have a little war between the PVP players who have been around for longer, and the PVE players who only really stay on for maybe 3-5 months then drop off."

I've CLEARLY been here more than 3-4 Months, Same for all of your old PVE townies who are still around to this day. That statement is not a reflection of reality. Sure, PVP people tend to stick around, but so do the PVE's. Why you implying that we are all wishy washy man?

"Most of the Vets left due to updates geared towards the PVE community"

There where quite a lot of other Reasons for the people leaving besides that. I'll leave it out though because frankly I won't want this to get Toxic

"IMO this whole thing could have been avoided if adventure was finished way back when,"

It would have helped if you hadn't quit Adventure Team. *OOOOOOHHHH* ( You walked into that one man )

But hey, Adventure is a process. We are still working to make it Awesome. Give us time

"All of the PVE updates were removed from live"

Uh... thats a bit bold. Live is called Live for a reason. Its not called "PVP"

"hen PVEs could have their Adventure and PVPs could have their teamfights"

I don't see why both just can't exist on the Same map. I'm not saying PVP is horrible or that we shouldn't appeal to them. But we can't just make it ONLY appealing for PVP people. We need to think of Ideas that don't force other Groups out. For any Game to be successful, they need to appeal to a lot of people. Appealing to as many as we can is a better idea than doing just PVP.

=============================================================================================================

In response to "Why not advertise to a wider group of people" and "Why make the map focused on one thing": I agree that possibly advertising to a broader group of people might improve our numbers more, but the problem is we've tried. When we introduced PVE onto the server (a large minecraft player group) it was met with more negative reviews than positive reviews from the majority of the player base. The reason why? The server has always had very deep roots in PVP and the RPG community.

Whenever we have had tweaked the server, and the map to conform to every player group, PVE, Roleplay, Builders, etc. It has always supressed another specific player group, mostly the previous majority, the PVP player community. The addition of PVE to the server was detrimental to the PVP community and dozens and dozens of PVP players permanently left the server because of it. This leads to our situation now where people in favor of PVE have found it easier and easier to live their lives with little to no PVP interaction.

I mean I'm all for roleplayers, builders, but when the majority of the people playing try to avoid PVP like the plague, that shows that the player base that has been edged out of the server from the past is indeed the PVP player base. It shows that simply appealing to everyone clashes, and usually doesn't work as nicely as you'd want it to.

"I agree that possibly advertising to a broader group of people might improve our numbers more, but the problem is we've tried."

Uh...
846d558e13.png

aaa0fc5333.png

6ef3c16b46.png

We pretty much have advertized for the same exact thing. Lets branch out a bit.

"The server has always had very deep roots in PVP and the RPG community"

"and the RPG community". PVE is part of that community. Same with "PVE, Roleplay, Builders"

"t has always supressed another specific player group, mostly the previous majority, the PVP player community"

Uh... as I explained with Light, Change is ok. Also we aren't supressing you. Your the ones doing that to the PVE community

"that shows that the player base that has been edged out of the server from the past is indeed the PVP player base"

Uh... ^^ Above

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
I didn't quit the adventure team, I was removed from all ranks of staff. Naturally, I thought this meant Adventure as well. In fact, I attempted to get on to build some things a few days ago to find I wasn't whitelisted, even when people said I was still a part of the team.

Also the reason they can't both exist on the same map is that it splits the community.

Which lead to all of this.

Splitting the community is the worst possible thing you can do to any game ever, unless you split it totally. Two different servers with two different goals never interacting with each other is fine. Two different servers LINKED leads to all kinds of problems. Somewhat sure we did this a few maps ago and it ended in our lowest player count ever (40 on peek hours). If something does something good (Herocraft did PVP good) then don't change it. If you really want proof, look at player counts then and now.

Last edited:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Events are something that should be happening regularly since all admins atm have behind the scenes work why not make a bloody event admin who purely focuses on that.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Uber this was a great post by the way. And with a youtuber, finding the right guy who has the right support base is very important. This guy Vap0ur does trailers for the hcf pvp communities and from what I know is reasonably cheap for his good work. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjrvHK58bf4v3pYiCkrLApQ his latest trailer is pretty damm epic

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Events are something that should be happening regularly since all admins atm have behind the scenes work why not make a bloody event admin who purely focuses on that.
As I said before. Recruiting Admins and Mods is a process. Kain is reasonably careful of who he gives Power too. We can't just go out of the blue and pick someone. Its a process.