• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[General] stealing in towns

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
I find it wonderful that you are so dismissive of any argument I make and simply resort to trying to dismiss my argument without one of your own. Come back some other time when you can argue your point and make yourself worthwhile to argue against, I feel like I have been talking to a punching bag which just punches me back with the same old thing each and every time I hit it.

Good night, formulate a response instead of fluffing over valid points next time, it will allow me to take you seriously instead of judging you as someone who wants to change the server for one reason, but lacks a universal reason to do so.

i have made my argument in my other posts at the very beginning. Just because we share a difference in opinions on certain points doesnt mean we need to reiterate them to eachother over and over.

The only differences between me and you right now is i havent resorted to making this some sort of competition of winning a argument rather than a actual proper discussion without using disrespect.

This is shown by you mentioning right now how i need to make myself worthwhile to your standards and it also is shown by the multitude of times you have resorted to constant attacks, constant disrespect and assumptions.

The reason why im avoiding your statements isnt because i dont have stuff to say but because of the way you choose to say them. I chose not to have a discussion with someone who thinks constant belittlement and assumptions passes for valid points. I tried avoiding your personal attacks, i even asked you to stop them yet you continue. Im not going to sift through your posts anymore to read 50% valid points which id like to discuss and then have the other 50% showing me constant disrespect on the matter. No matter how mature and intelligent you try to make your posts sound, when you consistently go back to childish name calling and personal attacks, it really shows how mature and intelligent you are.

Im not saying you dont have valid points on the subject but the ways you handle your discussions are absolutely atrocious and then expecting someone to reply to your points after all the personal attacks and assumptions is mind blowing. Then when they refuse to keep responding on the subject matter, you put it in your mind that it has nothing to do with how you conducted yourself but because they have nothing to say and they arent up to your standards or worth.

edit - This is the last post im going to address you, you can keep mocking me or making judgments. I partially blame myself for being pulled into this and constantly responding as i should of known better.

McGreed

TNT
Since you want hardcore, why don't you stop stealing and work instead? Stealing is just the lazy, and has nothing to do with hardcore. Actually work for your blocks and resources, that's hardcore.

McGreed said:
Since you want hardcore, why don't you stop stealing and work instead? Stealing is just the lazy, and has nothing to do with hardcore. Actually work for your blocks and resources, that's hardcore.

lol Ive actually only stolen stuff once, and i think it was 2 stacks of mossy cobblestone and some redstone and a diamond sword. I do work for my stuff.

My first house got griefed, my second house was made of wood and it was broken into and people stole my walls lol. Then for some reason i came back after a week and it was and still is regioned off, and theres nothing there other then my chests which still have a few things in them. No city, no nothing. No idea why its regioned off.

My sanctum house has been rolled back twice, recently with the block deletion mistake, it had all my items.

But third times a charm for houses and sanctum plots, so im sure ill be fine this time :p.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
+1, OP.

Alexdaparrot doesn't seem to understand, OP is suggesting we make it more realistic and roleplay-like.

The point of a township should be for the safety of a community who will look out for each other; not just so you can get some magical chest of magical magic that magically only opens when you open it with your magically magic hands.

Allowing stealing and PVP in towns will achieve a lot of good things:

1) More activity - Did someone just randomly run into your neighbour's house that says "NO TRESPASSING" on the front sign? You should be entitled to kill said person on behalf of your neighbour. This will also work the other way, with thieving a possible choice in the game it would add a whole new element of gameplay.

2) More realistic - Mayors will have to hire guards to patrol the town and kill any criminals, I mean it's kind of silly that there's some magical magic stopping someone from breaking into a house.

YES this could allow the possibility for griefing, but your community should make sure said griefers get more than fair payback when they get killed. HC already has some precautions to prevent griefers (I mean not many griefers have the patience to wait to be whitelisted, and the world is massive so it's a pretty long damn walk from spawn to grief some random's house, it just wouldn't be worth the griefer's time, when they could log onto another server and start griefing away without problem)

Kaliven

Gold
frostygunna, Pyrokinetic,

This was the fight I used to fight on this server, I gave up... the population is not going to handle this, ever, and there are more of them then there are of us.

PVP is a joke with the expansive maps and safe zones, "Player killers" need someone to fight, and they stay inside their rings.

So the only recourse is to goad them out of their rings, but then you can get banned for taunting them.

There are a few places with noble good guys who will fight Chronus comes to mind, skyforge too.

But largely... your never going to convert them.

McGreed

TNT
Kaliven, why don't you just fight among yourselves instead of targeting people who don't want to fight? Really, if you want a challenge, go fight someone on your own size, there is no honour or fun in killing innocent people.

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
Hardcore means that the admins won't give free stuff for you. It doesn't mean it is ok to steal...

I don't agree with this idea.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Pyro, you have swayed me. Let's make this server hardcore. First of all, let's institute complete anarchy. Towns and alliances are not allowed; they produce players who want to passively play the server instead of mindlessly kill each other as they should. We must institute policies that further break up the community and segment each person into his or her own bubble. The bubbles should then constantly be violated by mindless PvPers, thieves who enjoy causing pain more than gaining items, and grievers who have no ability to make art so they destroy it. Considering how hardcore the server is, people will flock to the server. A true hardcore server would cause this:

1. Increased Activity - Who doesn't love to be killed over and over again? A player will be more active as he has to spend more time finding workplaces and making more PvP gear.

2. A More Mature Community - Because members of the community will be able to act like true adults, maturity will go up. Human nature will be unleashed and that will result in a more mature, intelligent, and overall better server.

3. More Realistic - Due to players having to fend for themselves in a world without civilized culture, we will be reverting the server to a form that humans before tools, computers, and logic encountered. The land will be the enemy just as much as each player is as they fight for survival in this true realistic server without the comforts of modern life.

4. A Closer Community - To to everyone always being at each other's throats, the community will grow closer together as they work to kill and rob each other.

I see this as enough positives to make it a worthwhile adventure to remove all plugins and plunge the world into anarchy. New players should be subject to 20 deaths before they are allowed to leave spawn to make sure they are ready for the hard core server. As we work to make a more hard core server, we will also work to make the human element apparent not just in DOW comercials, but also in Minecraft.

Afro7897

Legacy Supporter 5
With regions (and hopefully realms again later on) can't towns who don't wish to allow stealing and killing within their limits opt out by protecting chests and setting up the proper protected zones? However, before anything I would propose a vote between towns. Its just a suggestion but my point is if most towns are against this idea in the first place making the majority protect everything seems pretty moot and wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hardcore doesnt mean hardcore grieving. Period.

Theres a difference between hardcore and mindless stupidity. This is a game of creation - not destruction. Those who wish to partake in such actions can visit the warzone map when it is online.

Now - in terms of theft/pvping in townships - this will be addressed soon and clarification on rule changes will be posted and edit'd and then written in stone.

Angusward

Gold
pyrokinetic said:
Alexdaparrot doesn't seem to understand, OP is suggesting we make it more realistic and roleplay-like.
Why? Because townships will face a neverending stream of PvP? Guards aren't meant to fight as such, they are mostly intended as a deterrent. No fear of death, no deterrent. Must I reiterate this point every five seconds?

The point of a township should be for the safety of a community who will look out for each other; not just so you can get some magical chest of magical magic that magically only opens when you open it with your magically magic hands.
That's a nice concept if it weren't for the fact that people like to not be in towns sometimes, or just generally offline, and probably for at least 12 hours a day you can just walk in and help yourself with nobody even seeing you.

I'll skip point 1 as my argument to that effect has already been covered in the above paragraph.

2) More realistic - Mayors will have to hire guards to patrol the town and kill any criminals, I mean it's kind of silly that there's some magical magic stopping someone from breaking into a house.
Guards? You mean there are people on this server who are willing to stand around in a town all day for a pittance? If they were payed well, the town as a whole couldn't afford it, if they were paid little, nobody would do it. Suffice to say being forced to hang around in town during the limited time I can play Minecraft is not my idea of fun.

YES this could allow the possibility for griefing, but your community should make sure said griefers get more than fair payback when they get killed.
For a griefer, being killed or even hunted is not payback. No death consequences at all, and especially none meaningful to the griefer. The only thing that can stop them is the banhammer.

Warlord2150

Legacy Supporter 4
Personally, I would like to see stationary NPCs that are purchasable (or spawners that can be placed that spawn mobs who are only hostile to other city's citizens) to guard a city. I think it's too much of a stretch to think that players will actively stand guard on their own city, regardless of how much they like it. I couldn't guard Fiore against a good pvper walking around in diamond armor w/ a diamond sword... I just don't wear that shit when I'm building. However, a few bow wielding guards may dissuade said pvper a little more.

This I think could bring balance to the force, allowing a <good> pvper/thief/army to break into a poorly defended town and raid/steal/pillage, while the well defended metropolis may not have anyone online at the moment, but the number of guards alone may hold off the host until players arrive to help defend the city's inhabitants and goods.

Regardless, my proposal is more than just enabling stealing in towns, so my vote is more of a yes and no. In it's current state, I dont think HC would benefit from stealing being enabled in towns, however it could.