• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [General] - "Legal dumping", making stolen items soul bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
So instead of switching items out of my own chest I have to walk a mile to dump them or wait an hour to put them in a different chest lol? If I'm wrong with this statement please correct me

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
No. Goodness fuck no. I don't know where to start so I think I'll decline to go any further.

inscopia

Legacy Supporter 4
You need to read it more carefully.

"a system that keeps users from dropping/transferring items (not including dropping items upon death or putting the items into your backpack) that have been taken from an inventory, of any kind, that does not belong to them"

I'm going to make this quick.

1) Going to be impossible to manage town items as a mayor, SIC, etc.
2) People share chests
3) Create server lag keeping logs of items placed in chests
4) People could remove and replace items in the chest making the items theirs

The list goes on....

Look it's a great idea however it's just not viable and never going to happen, looting is apart of Herocraft and always will be. In addition there are rules against mass dumping of lured items, you are only supposed to take what you can carry/want.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Dumping items is already ILLEGAL. If you have screenshots and make a PE, actions will be taken. This seems WAY too much work for a system that will:
  • Cause more lag (Main reason why mass dropping is illegal)
  • Cause inconvenience ( I share chests with townmates...imagine the hassle)
  • Be buggy and will cause more problems than it fixes.
If you don't want you stuff to be dropped, join a town/make a LWC.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Malikdanab, yes dumping is illegal; but there is no way to keep people from dumping items by taking them and dropping them.
That was an example and the names / circumstances / etc are not associated with real people / events.
But why this much work? Once something is stolen, I don't care what happens to it. Is it a jerk move to just dumb it? Yes! Is it legal to do so? No. What does this solve besides prevent a small amount of people while bothering people at large. The Cons out weigh the Pros and I see no way this ever being added.

inscopia

Legacy Supporter 4
Malikdanab, yes dumping is illegal; but there is no way to keep people from dumping items by taking them and dropping them.
That was an example and the names / circumstances / etc are not associated with real people / events.

PE it and that person will have to face the consequences of their actions, that is how this issue is solved.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Malikdanab: The variables are just that, variable; those would not be the real numbers (besides, if you want it you wont be dropping it anytime soon right?)

inscopia: If you PE for someone dumping your stuff by putting it into their inventory and then dropping it you will notice that nothing can be done; it is only when they break the chest to drop it all that it is caught.
But WHY! Why would this ever be need! If something is stolen, it's GONE! It may leave a bad taste in your mouth, but the second something is stolen, you don't have a say on what to do with it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
malikdanab
Sure, and I dont mind that; I steal plenty but I don't go around dumping stuff.
What I am talking about is people getting past a rule by "stealing" items so they can dump them.
I think it would be better to talk to kainzo about a verification/alteration of the rules instead of adding a completely unnecessary system. They have SO much work to do atm and adding this would take too much time for little to no benefit (Mostly harm IMO)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
How would it hinder most people?
It's mostly having to do with towns. If I go to my friends chest and try to give a newbie some items, I would have to walk away and THEN give it to him. This could be fixed by adding a friend system, but why so much work? I just find the system more annoying then any potential lost ( If you have town/region, you shouldn't lose ANYTHING if you are careful)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Looks like we both had the same idea.
What about when you are trying to start a town and can't afford a region?
Then you screwed until you have 500s to make a LWC. It's not really the problem though. What I don't understand, shouldn't their be logs of when you drop items? If not, then there's really no way to keep track. The whole soulbound system wouldn't work either since soulbound items can be dropped...

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Thank you for all of your input, questions, and challenges.
I don't know who you think your winning against in your "challenges" but so far no one agrees with you because it is a bad idea. Simply put no one would want to have to do all this work just to make it so that it's harder to be an asshole, and even if this was implemented I feel compelled to waste my time to be that asshole. I'm sorry but like Malik said if you get your items takin from you gg your fault for not hiding or not joining a town to keep your items safe that's the way most mine craft servers work these days.

Not trying to be a douchebag just stating the truth

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
@Spirit_Guardian lol kid please. I barely see your name on the server to most of the people on the server they can assume you just joined yesterday. This situation has happened to everybody in fucking HC it's typical and wanna know why because people are natural trolls, everybody does it. There's no point to change something that the majority doesn't hate or find a problem. I KNOW Kainzo wouldn't accept a payment to do this as he probably sees already that it isn't a problem take a survey dude I doubt you will get above 10% of people to agree with you.

Ps Why the fuck do you right ps? Just put a space and write the sentence..

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Who are you calling a kid? Now you are insulting me for no good reason, I am older than you kid.
You do not have to see my name for me to be there.
How do you know that everyone doesn't hate it?
I know it happens to everyone, and that is why I made this suggestion.
Because many people have experienced and know it's typical people might dislike it but they know it's common and guess what they like to get back at the people who did it to them and guess what then it's funny to the other guy also. This sometimes starts fights but more then often both victims find it funny if you haven't experienced this before. Ohh ?!?!?! Your older then me oh god that must mean your like 10x smarter then me. Child please.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I write P.S. because I am editing the message and it is a Post Statement (AKA (Also Known As) P.S.)

P.S. Post Statements are placed after you have made a statement and later decided to add something to it, it allows other to know that it is a continuation; pay attention in school instead of minecraft.
If you didn't understand dumbass I mean't it as no one fucking ever writes Ps because it even shows when you have edited your post and it's such a baby way of saying "by the way".

Spirit_Guardian

Soulsand
Before voting, please carefully read the below; voting without knowing exactly what I am proposing is not advisable.
Go to the bottom for a quick run down.

"Legal dumping" is when you take items into your inventory so that you can dump it without being caught; I know a lot of people who would do, and some who actually do, this; and the ones I know about do it because , and I quote,"it is fun to grief and troll people and be able to get away with it".
So, my suggestion to stop this is to put in a system that keeps users from dropping/transferring items (not including dropping items upon death or putting the items into your backpack) that have been taken from an inventory, of any kind, that does not belong to them for a small, but significant enough, amount of time (For example, 15 seconds per item in a stack (depending on the item type); each item type (cobble/wood/etc) gets its' own effect and the effect should stack per item).
You can say that the stolen items are "soul bound" for a period of time.
If the thief moves beyond 100 blocks of the chest they should be permitted to transfer the items, but not drop them (until the time runs out).

I know this sort of thing happens a lot and that is why I would like to see it stop (or at least be less frequent); this system wont stop "legal dumping" from happening, but it will more effectively discourage people from doing it than the "dont dump items" rule and that may stop it over time.

The premise behind this is: If you don't want it, don't take it!

Thank you for taking time to read this and consider my suggestion.

I had help from a troll/griefer I know so that I can be as unbiased as possible (I am not going to disclose his/her information but I will say that he/she does not play HC)

Quick rundown:
----------------------------------------------------
What this system would do & would not do:
--
+Keep people from going through a loop hole in the rules to dump items.
+It would not keep theives from stealing.
+It would implement a friends list for perms, slight inconvenience at first but the Friends list could be used for other things as well like fast parties/chatting with friends and could be integrated into region perms by adding people with the same region perms to your list (meaning people in the same town would be automatically added when the they are added to the region perms or you are added to the region perms).
+This would not keep you from transferring items between chests you own or chests of people on your friends list.
+This system would not add any significant lag; think of all the spells/skills being used every second and then add two or three to that.

The only people this would effect to a great extent is possible griefers/trolls, if you are not going to grief/troll someone then you wont have to worry.
For thieves it would not matter and the time to wait would be insignificant enough to allow them to change their mind on a few items.

Last edited:

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
Before voting, please carefully read the below; voting without knowing exactly what I am proposing is not advisable.
Go to the bottom for a quick run down.

"Legal dumping" is when you take items into your inventory so that you can dump it without being caught; I know a lot of people who would do, and some who actually do, this; and the ones I know about do it because , and I quote,"it is fun to grief and troll people and be able to get away with it".
So, my suggestion to stop this is to put in a system that keeps users from dropping/transferring items (not including dropping items upon death or putting the items into your backpack) that have been taken from an inventory, of any kind, that does not belong to them for a small, but significant enough, amount of time (For example, 15 seconds per item in a stack (depending on the item type); each item type (cobble/wood/etc) gets its' own effect and the effect should stack per item).
You can say that the stolen items are "soul bound" for a period of time.
If the thief moves beyond 100 blocks of the chest they should be permitted to transfer the items, but not drop them (until the time runs out).

I know this sort of thing happens a lot and that is why I would like to see it stop (or at least be less frequent); this system wont stop "legal dumping" from happening, but it will discourage people from doing it and that may stop it.

The premise behind this is: If you don't want it, don't take it!

Thank you for taking time to read this and consider my suggestion.

I had help from a troll/griefer I know so that I can be as unbiased as possible (I am not going to disclose his/her information but I will say that he/she does not play HC)

Quick rundown:
What this system would do & would not do:
--
+Keep people from going through a loop hole in the rules to dump items.
+It would not keep theives from stealing.
+It would implement a friends list for perms, slight inconvenience at first but the Friends list could be used for other things as well like fast parties/chatting with friends and could be integrated into region perms by adding people with the same region perms to your list (meaning people in the same town would be automatically added when the they are added to the region perms or you are added to the region perms).
+This would not keep you from transferring items between chests you own or chests of people on your friends list.
+This system would not add any significant lag; think of all the spells/skills being used every second and then add two or three to that.

The only people this would effect to a great extent is possible griefers/trolls, if you are not going to grief/troll someone then you wont have to worry.
For thieves it would not matter and the time to wait would be insignificant enough to allow them to change their mind on a few items.
Nobody liked your last one, nobody likes this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.