• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Freepers [Neutral] (13)

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
I think you're forgetting someone *coughmecough*

I also need an Offcial Freeper skin. The face can be of my skin atm.

pandaman7

Ty :)

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
pandaman7 I mades you somethingss <333

1hWSC

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
I may be wrong but the only problem I see with this is, is that is essentially like Resist. Not in what you do however how the entire guild is generally composed of members from one town

Joka10

Soulsand
I may be wrong but the only problem I see with this is, is that is essentially like Resist. Not in what you do however how the entire guild is generally composed of members from one town
Resist:
  • Resist's goals were to take down the TC and become the new ruling force of the server.
  • Resist began as a simple private conversation sent to his active allies, who, aside from defending each others' towns at times, didn't fight together that often.
  • As the guild continued to gestate, people were asked to recruit other people who might be interested. For a time, this involved close-knit alliances, but after a while, total neutrals and even enemies to the group were invited in because of the common interest (A prime example I remember is Digger360, who was a major enemy of many in the group. He was invited in for his PvP abilities and dislike of the TC.)
  • The guild became like a sort of salad dressing; it mixed well at first, but after a little while separated into several segments. Conflict from the ante-Resist period did not end once the members joined it. They weren't actively killing each other, but conflicting ideas and general hatred were a festering wound to the guild's infrastructure from the start.
  • The majority of Resist's fighting capacity was, unfortunately, based around no-PvP regions just like all the other anti-TC guilds that formed. It wasn't entirely their fault; that's just where the conflict happened.
  • Resist was not a heavily offensive group. They generally fought away from towns, and rarely had organized raids on their enemy (I could be wrong here; I stopped paying attention to Resist after a while).
  • Upon its inevitable disintegration, every major group except LO seceeded. LO stayed in the guild Resist with those few from outside the town, but it was futile. The members of Resist were almost all members of LO, and therefore had to act as both members of a guild and a kingdom with fairly different motives. They couldn't do both at once, and the less-important part, Resist, was left to die.
Freepers (Bastion Era)
  • The Freeper hub, Mineris, was being planned for months before the map wipe was even announced. While the architectural plans were mostly dropped after Num and Shadow left, the rest of the plans still applied.
  • Mineris, from its earliest days, had plans to re-launch the Freeper guild. This thread was preceeded by a month and a half of work.
  • Mineris proved itself to be a hugely powerful PvP group comparative to others early on. Every town except for Eclipse always failed in every raid where Minerians were actually online. Once the majority of Minerians began to spec, their prowess truly showed.
  • While Mineris and Eclipse were terrible enemies for a while, the terms of that hatred were very different from most. At the beginning of the map, when Fo0l3d was still a member of LO and the kingdom was a terrible enemy to Mineris, it actually seemed that Mineris and Eclipse might ally. Eclipse even helped Mineris a bit. That fell through quickly, though, as friendships from the previous map prevailed and idiots like Fo0l3d were kicked from the town. The LO/Mineris alliance confirmed enimosity with Eclipse for a very long time. That was the primary reason for conflict though; that alliance.
  • After a while, Eclipse and Mineris overcame that issue and allied to work together. This was about a month before this thread was posted. In the time since, Mineris's and Eclipse's alliance has been tested by battle and prevailed. The teamwork they have demonstrated together is in most cases exemplary. There is no forseeable issue as to why the alliance would disintegrate.
  • The skills of Mineris and Eclipse have been demonstrated with the new no-PvP system. There have been no 'border-humping wars'. When the combat timer was improved, the combat-tagged TC were actually pursued into Bastion by the Mineclipse forces. Their abilities have been tested both offensively, defensively, and on the field, and in 9 out of 10 fights, they come out on top.
  • The goals of the Freepers match those of Mineris and Eclipse, so the members can be townies and guildies at the same time. 'Freepers' is basically just a name for a bunch of allies with the same objective, like how a large portion of the TC are from ThornHollow.
Essentially, the foundation of the Freepers is much stronger than Resist's, the alliances that bind the members together have been well-tested, and all skill has been demonstrated outside of safe zones. Having analyzed this, I see no reason why the Freepers should suffer a similar fate to Resist.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Cross town guilds never work, too many conflicting interests. One town guilds work, but you question if it's really a guild or just an extension of the kingdom like Resist was.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Cross town guilds never work, too many conflicting interests. One town guilds work, but you question if it's really a guild or just an extension of the kingdom like Resist was.
Cross town guilds never work....hmm. seems legit. Wtf is a point of a guild if you can't have other members. Just have a damn town if you aren't gonna accept members from other places. I believe the point of a guild is to be able to have a group of friends outside your town. That's the reason you can be in a guild and a town.[DOUBLEPOST=1351048241,1351048162][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyways. We both have the same interests... Destroy anybody in our path, cleary we are pros.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Cross town guilds never work....hmm. seems legit. Wtf is a point of a guild if you can't have other members. Just have a damn town if you aren't gonna accept members from other places. I believe the point of a guild is to be able to have a group of friends outside your town. That's the reason you can be in a guild and a town.[DOUBLEPOST=1351048241,1351048162][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyways. We both have the same interests... Destroy anybody in our path, cleary we are pros.
Cross town in reference to the varying communities, not necessarily the town.

Groups of friends typically come from a majority town. Towns take prevalence over guilds for the majority of HC.[DOUBLEPOST=1351048348][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey! I'm a retired leader of the Freepers. ;) pandaman7

cichington

Iron
Hey guys I got bored and made a Creeper Freeper skin!

IGEg6.png

Let me know if anyone is interested in applying this skin and I'll get you the file and show you how to install it!