• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Forums <-> Game Intergration [Your Suggestions!]

shadrxninga

Coder
I'm going to be working on integrating the forums more with what's happening on the server, these things be a little way off yet, but I'm wanting to get an idea of some things people would like to see integrated with the forums from in-game.

Here's some ideas I've got so far (They may or may not happen):
  • Hero Profile - Profiles of players showing information about them. (Class, iConomy Balance etc)
  • iConomy Payment System - Pay people on the forums.
  • Server Status - Players Online (Done :)), Server Uptime.
  • For Proctors, there's the possibility of being able to whitelist people using the forums.
If you've got opinions or more ideas feel free to share them :).

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
Just as an addition, I think there is plans to integrate player stats such as Current Town in which the player resides in, as well as a multitude of other cool things that Sleaker has enlisted.
I think that another (hard to code) idea would be an enhancement of the 'MineMail' system we have in place - possibly some form of in-game forum notification would help out a lot.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Sounds awesome, what about being able to see forum notifications in-game?
This would probably have to be a spout addition.
:)

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
@kevinlive
I think that another (hard to code) idea would be an enhancement of the 'MineMail' system we have in place - possibly some form of in-game forum notification would help out a lot.
"
Already beat you to it ;)

Kourne

Legacy Supporter 3
Always nice to see someone improving the page itself. Imo a huge amount of players only use the forums for whitelist/ban appeals which makes me kinda sad. It would certainly lure more members to the forums where you get to know each other.
But back on topic:
If this payment system would be running, why not throw and feature for auctions out there? Should be able to lock the thread through PHP code once the auction ran out and maybe send an notify to the person that posted the last message.
I don't even have to speak about the server status, do I? It's a must! :3
Being able to whitelist people through the forums is also a nice addition, but as you said in another post, you would need to have some sort of (propably MySQL) database to back up the whitelist.
Lot of things you want to achieve, but you have my blessing. (Really need to program more, before I could help out with PHP)

shadrxninga

Coder

Thanks for your input :), I've got some of the server status done (as you can see on the front page) - I'll be improving it (adding a player list and some more funky stuff) (as well as most of this other stuff) during my holidays in about 4 -5 weeks.

The whitelisting via the forums is a very easy thing to do, but atm it's not a priority as Kainzo doesn't want the whitelist running on MySQL. (There is ways for me to do it though without MySQl :), using the file )

An auction system is entirely possible, I just need to play a bit more with Xenforo's way of doing things (Object Oriented PHP, A Model View Controller).

Bonafideb3ast

Legacy Supporter 4
Thanks for your input :), I've got some of the server status done (as you can see on the front page) - I'll be improving it (adding a player list and some more funky stuff) (as well as most of this other stuff) during my holidays in about 4 -5 weeks.

The whitelisting via the forums is a very easy thing to do, but atm it's not a priority as Kainzo doesn't want the whitelist running on MySQL. (There is ways for me to do it though without MySQl :), using the file )

An auction system is entirely possible, I just need to play a bit more with Xenforo's way of doing things (Object Oriented PHP, A Model View Controller).
So will whitelisting via forums not happening for a long while?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

<3
Once we're on our new hardware - a Mysql whitelist may be fine - but I consider this a waste of resources :p

Kourne

Legacy Supporter 3
You can soon waste as much resources as you want, if people would donate even more to the Hardware Fundraiser!
So get on to this people or the server soon will be running on a calculator.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well, I dont want to transfer over any more MySQL db's than I need to until we're on a new hardware (that hopefully wont need upgrading every again!)

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Well, I dont want to transfer over any more MySQL db's than I need to until we're on a new hardware (that hopefully wont need upgrading every again!)

Yes donate more, got it. =P

Okay people make the Proctor team's life much easier...donate more money. Thanks! <3

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yes donate more, got it. =P

Okay people make the Proctor team's life much easier...donate more money. Thanks! <3
If all the proctors direly want the ability to whitelist from the forums/website - it will be coming in.

However.... we may be putting in a greylist first and foremost with restrictive abilities for guests and then allowing the proctors to 'whitelist' the users into 'normal' users. I'm not sure how to go about granting proctors the ability to change the user's group - but I may be going about it the entirely wrong way - right @Sleaker ? :)