• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Floating Souls

Duck

TNT
Problem

At the moment there are tons and tons of souls just floating around in the economy. There is currently very little to take money out of the economy. Codices provide specializations and keep the money with the players, smith repairs repair your items using items that exist without soul interaction, enchanting uses xp and people buy redstone from other player's shops. The only real money sink in the game at the moment is towns. A Hamlet costs 5 thousand souls and 400 a week for upkeep. Which is a fair amount for a group of 5. However the maximum amount of people in a Hamlet is 30. That means if a Hamlet were to have 30 people it is only 13.3 souls a week per player. You can kill ten monsters or mine one diamond vein and have that amount. Personal residences do provide some form of money sink however it is skewed. A 12x12x12 region purchasable by the lowest tier of donator is 700 souls and has an upkeep of 51.84 souls per week. While the cost to purchase is completely fair the upkeep is so tiny its almost insignificant. A 2x1x12 region costs 9.6 souls to protect and .72 souls a week to upkeep and protects 12 double chests. But of course, residences are not just "Chest Protectors". Whether you use a res as a grief free building space or as a storage the upkeep is crazy small.

Suggestion

Towns Changes
  • Change the maximum number of citizens of a Hamlet to 10, a Town to 20 a City to 40.
  • Change the upkeep cost to 100 per Citizen
What does this change? This makes the need for an upgrade from town to the next town actually needed if you want to increase the number of your members. The cost of upgrades stay the same so to create a town of 20 members you need a total of 20,000 souls 1 thousand per person which is still constant or close to at the first two levels of township creation. However, it does require a bit of extra work if you want to create a City or Capital which it should as those are very large creations. The change of the upkeep is the same at the lower levels of townships but higher at later. Since a Hamlet must have 5 active members it raises the tax per person by 20 souls weekly. A Town must have 10 so it raises it by 50 per person, a City must have 15 so it raises by 60 and a Capital must have 25 so it raises it by 60 also. This presents not unreasonable upkeep prices but manageable ones on a per person scale.

Residence Changes
  • Double base upkeep
  • Have upkeep multiplied by the number of people on the region.
This change allows for people to still have residences which they wish to use for building their own structure at not too ridiculous a price and increase the cost for multiple players sharing a residence.

Very open to suggestions, this is more of a loose rambling of some way to get money out of players hands.

There are many other ways to add money sinks however they would require removal of certain systems already in place, this one would just edit numbers.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think that the economy is in a pretty stable spot right now.

There are more things we wish to add in for players to spend currency on but the soul-intake is a lot better than what it was last map, in my opinion.

Inflation and deflation is a hard thing to get right and last map we were extremely deflated - so its a big change.

Northac

Obsidian
I like where we are as well. I don't go to spawn often and don't seem to have massive luck finding stuff (never seen a V relic ) so i am on the low end of the economy (under 20 souls) an increase will make it harder for those like me to afford a res .