• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Fixing the problem of tool use in combat (Doors, hoes, etc)

Sanogono

ICE ICE ICE!
In my years of playing Herocraft, only one thing has truly ever annoyed me, making my blood boil like I was just ganked by a Bloodmage. That would be when in combat, your weapon does something not intended for combat. An example of this was my experience leveling Paladin, training up, about level 5 or 6 and still rather squishy, and I start fighting a spider. And being that its so close to the ground, what happens to the door? Its placed on the ground, leaving me vulnerable and weaponless, and forcing me to run or to mine it out.
Another example of this problem is when I was a wizard last map, I had this sweet, golden Staff of the Overseer I found, sharp 4, it was amazing. However, over time, what happened? It accidentally tilled the ground underneath my enemies feet and after a week, it was gone. Poof. Never to be seen again.
And my last example, the class that suffers the most from this, is the poor levelling Dragoon. One mis-click and you dig a tiny hole in the ground, a very annoying hole that eats at your mind the entire fight, leaving you somewhat angry at the end when you have to replace it.
I propose a few incredibly simple fixes to fix these weapons. First and most practical way to fix this is to disable these features of weapon while in combat, fixing the problem in it's entirety (And normally if people need to run from mobs they don't need to use a shovel, normally its a pickaxe in mines and caves.) The other way to fix this would be to add a command that until entered again or you log off, you cannot place or destroy blocks with the specified weapons, which would help primarily hunters in PvP, but may give players fighting mobs a hard time when they want to escape. With both of these fixes added, everyone will be much happier and not annoyed or paranoid at doing an unintended action while in combat.
Tldr: Make the non-combat oriented weapons(Doors, Hoes, shovels, jukeboxes, shears) unable to function non-combatively while fight enemies or mobs.
Thanks and have a nice day Herocrafters!

Last edited:
Don't forget shears! I'm constantly destroying grass when swinging at my enemies, and I destroy my special enchanted shears relatively fast. :(

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
In my years of playing Herocraft, only one thing has truly ever annoyed me, making my blood boil like I was just ganked by a Bloodmage. That would be when in combat, your weapon does something not intended for combat. An example of this was my experience leveling Paladin, training up, about level 5 or 6 and still rather squishy, and I start fighting a spider. And being that its so close to the ground, what happens to the door? Its placed on the ground, leaving me vulnerable and weaponless, and forcing me to run or to mine it out.
Another example of this problem is when I was a wizard last map, I had this sweet, golden Staff of the Overseer I found, sharp 4, it was amazing. However, over time, what happened? It accidentally tilled the ground underneath my enemies feet and after a week, it was gone. Poof. Never to be seen again.
And my last example, the class that suffers the most from this, is the poor levelling Dragoon. One mis-click and you dig a tiny hole in the ground, a very annoying hole that eats at your mind the entire fight, leaving you somewhat angry at the end when you have to replace it.
I propose a few incredibly simple fixes to fix these weapons. First and most practical way to fix this is to disable these features of weapon while in combat, fixing the problem in it's entirety (And normally if people need to run from mobs they don't need to use a shovel, normally its a pickaxe in mines and caves.) The other way to fix this would be to add a command that until entered again or you log off, you cannot place or destroy blocks with the specified weapons, which would help primarily hunters in PvP, but may give players fighting mobs a hard time when they want to escape. With both of these fixes added, everyone will be much happier and not annoyed or paranoid at doing an unintended action while in combat.
Tldr: Make the non-combat oriented weapons(Doors, Hoes, shovels, jukeboxes, shears) unable to function non-combatively while fight enemies or mobs.
Thanks and have a nice day Herocrafters!
I agree that this is a problem and I think a fix for this would be good for the server. I would also like to add that the formatting of this post is hideous and makes my eyes bleed.

Xhazed

Portal
Make it so u do like /bind combat and then u cant place it or use it for breaking blocks and things like that and to reverse u use /bind craft some thing like that would be cooler or better

Duck

TNT
But what if you WANT to break blocks during combat? If you're a goon and you need to break a few blocks with your shovel, being unable to is crippling.

Xhazed

Portal
I change what i sai why not make it a skill allowe to every1 it has no warm up or cd but it lasts for 10 hours or some shit like that

Sanogono

ICE ICE ICE!
I agree that this is a problem and I think a fix for this would be good for the server. I would also like to add that the formatting of this post is hideous and makes my eyes bleed.
Made it much easier on the eyes, thanks for the aesthetic advice :D

Sanogono

ICE ICE ICE!
But what if you WANT to break blocks during combat? If you're a goon and you need to break a few blocks with your shovel, being unable to is crippling.
Well, if this is made into a command, then the use of the Macro mod could fix this foreseen problem. You can use and bind the command so you can more-or-less shut off your brain and any concerns of unintended actions in combat, and when you need to dig or mine you can hit the key again to turn off the skill.