• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Fix Pyromancers

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
So Pyromancers are essentially a melee class with a bunch of fancy fire based spells to enhance their ability to melt your face off with their axe. If this is true, why don't Pyromancers have a slowing ability to help them close the distance to their target? At this point, anybody can just turn around and sprint-jump away from a Pyromancer without worry. The only way they will ever catch up is with speed potions or a buff from another person.

Of course, they do have one skill that causes Wither damage. However this skill is completely broken and doesn't actually slow you down (TheLeftToe and TheYeti tested this). Delf and Macura brought up some interesting points that even if it was working right it might not be worth it anyway in this thread: ( http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pyromancer-withering.38181/ ).

So what I'm suggesting, is that they get additional skills (or add-ons to their current skills) that help them close the distance to their opponent. Sure they have some ranged attacks, but the Wizard's fireball does more damage than the Pyromancer's fireball, and I'm not sure if that makes sense. However if these lower damages made up for it with additional effects (like slowing them? speeding you up shortly) I think Pyromancers would be better and more people will play them.

Nobody wants to play a Melee class that can't land more than 2 hits on their opponent before they move away (which they can do without the aid of skills). I'd hate to see an interesting class go to waste like this.

edit: Hell, just give them root and rename it to like, "Tar" or something and it would be 100% improvement.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Although I do understand this kind of issue I feel that I have to disagree.

Pyromancer , as it is, does quite a-bit of dammage. Giving them root (a stun) would not fix mobility for the class but would cause imbalances with others. I think the issue is with pyromancers not having a mobility skill. If all they are going to do is run and not turn back then fireball and withering should be more than enough to secure a kill.With the CD of withering, the length of it's affect, and the current combat logging time make it hard to understand why there would be an issue Unless something has the ability to remove withering. (Currently only 1 class)

In that situation it would be easy to say pyromancers' need some mobility/slow skill. Not an all out stun, their melee damage is far to high for that.​

Wizard-Blink
Beguilers-QuantumLeep
Necromancer-So many DoTs, running from them is pointless and also web

Although I do agree that they might need some kind of mobility/slowing skill I would like to remind people that pyromancer is in the caster tree and has more options than only melee.​

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Although I do understand this kind of issue I feel that I have to disagree.

Pyromancer , as it is, does quite a-bit of dammage. Giving them root (a stun) would not fix mobility for the class but would cause imbalances with others. I think the issue is with pyromancers not having a mobility skill. If all they are going to do is run and not turn back then fireball and withering should be more than enough to secure a kill.With the CD of withering, the length of it's affect, and the current combat logging time make it hard to understand why there would be an issue Unless something has the ability to remove withering. (Currently only 1 class)

In that situation it would be easy to say pyromancers' need some mobility/slow skill. Not an all out stun, their melee damage is far to high for that.​

Wizard-Blink
Beguilers-QuantumLeep
Necromancer-So many DoTs, running from them is pointless and also web

Although I do agree that they might need some kind of mobility/slowing skill I would like to remind people that pyromancer is in the caster tree and has more options than only melee.​

Well if that's the case then either they should get a mobility buff, or range attack buff. Either way, change is needed.

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
Here's an idea... Give pyro a skill identical to Samurai's Windwalk, but call it Firewalk or Flamewalk and have every block that the pyro runs over light on fire for a short duration. This would allow some mobility for pyros and a fitting skill for their lore too.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6

Pyro is in the caster tree but can't play the role of caster with mobility, with no mobility. They are forced to rely on some axe damage at the moment however Curse helps the case a lot for pyro's I do agree with Dielan9999 that they should get some kind of mobility skill however Root shouldn't be the skill maybe a much shorter version of windwalk or something or a slow.
-------------------
Omg pandaman7 just suggested basically the same freaking thing and I am not even talking to him our minds are alike ;o

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I've had my eye on Pyromancer for quite some time. It's unfortunately a very wonky class that is restricted by minecraft / heroes mechanics, as well as it's own current skillset. In my opinion, it is in need of a small rework in order to effectively fit the role it was meant to fulfill.

I assure you, I am completely aware of both the Pyromancer strengths, as well as it's weaknesses. It will get the attention it needs when the time allows for it.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
I've had my eye on Pyromancer for quite some time. It's unfortunately a very wonky class that is restricted by minecraft / heroes mechanics, as well as it's own current skillset. In my opinion, it is in need of a small rework in order to effectively fit the role it was meant to fulfill.

I assure you, I am completely aware of both the Pyromancer strengths, as well as it's weaknesses. It will get the attention it needs when the time allows for it.
DELFOFTHEBLA SERVER OWNER 2014

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Pyromancer is intended to be a mid-close range caster. It is currently not fulfilling that role. I wholeheartedly agree that some sort of gap closer is needed for the class to remain functional.

macura

Diamond
Not sure a pyro needs a slow, when fighting a pyro you are pretty much always on fire, it really sucks. IMO the massive amounts of fire is enough to cc people and with a slow pyromancer would just annihilate all casters.

Currently as a caster it is a massive bitch to fight a pyro because of the fire cc, the range on their skills and their melee damage. To kill a pyro you have to kite not only their melee but also their ranged skills, and doing this all while constantly on fire and/or withered does not make it any easier.

With a speed boost or a slow it would be beyond rape in a caster vs. pyro fight. I understand the frustration in not being able to catch people but my best advice is wearing a gold chest plate and just making sure they are always on fire. If you wither them and then land a fireball they are not going to be going anywhere. Many people do not wear gold chestplates but they are well worth it, i have had times where i have rooted a pyro, dealing 1 damage, and firearmor goes off which broke the root.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
You know... we probably can add a slow effect to Wither, a proper slow.
The best would just be a short Slowness I, maybe 2 seconds. I mean tbh every time the damages procs it breaks sprinting which is a slow itself.

I always catch people by hitting them with wither and fireball. Just have to hit the target and not miss. I haven't had any kind of problems with the class.

colley619

Legacy Supporter 4
Here's an idea... Give pyro a skill identical to Samurai's Windwalk, but call it Firewalk or Flamewalk and have every block that the pyro runs over light on fire for a short duration. This would allow some mobility for pyros and a fitting skill for their lore too.
i was thinking this and was going to suggest it and then i scrolled down and saw your comment. nice!