• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Fix current pvp situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
World pvp is not dead is any way. The ELO system (its not really elo) has made it so people are more willing to run to preserve their elo but all in all I see plenty of raiding and pvping. The removal of ELO would help imo but nothing else is particularly necessary.

I know I shouldn't do this but just want to note that there are certain parties (TC) that I see raid a town (oak) and when umbra/newerth comes to kill them, they immediately run away. I don't understand how those people can complain about not having any pvp when they actively avoid a real fight.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I think PvP is fine, while removal of ELO would be nice, it doesn't affect me what so ever. Nearly anywhere I go, I find some form of people who want to kill me. And I enjoy it, It really is amazing how much PvP yoou cant get without leaving 500m between your town.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I disagree. What happens when I get killed? I gear up and go fight to get my death chest back. If it doesn't activate then I don't go back. Sometimes when I die near spawn a wizard ports a group of people from my town to go after them. So removing deathchests would hurt PvP imo. The reason for deathchests is to give the person a second chance to get their stuff back.
or a chance to prepare and fight PREPARED against PREPARED raiders.

There's too many arguments for it being in the system and no valid ones for removing it other than pure QQ'ing

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
ELO is a term these guys use from League of Legends, I forget the exact meaning of the acronym but it's effectively a rating system purely based of wins and losses

macura

Diamond
World pvp is not dead is any way. The ELO system (its not really elo) has made it so people are more willing to run to preserve their elo but all in all I see plenty of raiding and pvping. The removal of ELO would help imo but nothing else is particularly necessary.

I know I shouldn't do this but just want to note that there are certain parties (TC) that I see raid a town (oak) and when umbra/newerth comes to kill them, they immediately run away. I don't understand how those people can complain about not having any pvp when they actively avoid a real fight.
(Btw diffuse, only the very first part is a response, the rest is a suggestion.
A majority of the time people avoid confrontation because of number differences. If there are 2 guys raiding a town and they see 6 coming then of course they will run. Solo raiding is also very difficult currently because you run into
1. A couple people
2. A party of people
3. People leveling (which sucks because you are conflicted in killing them because they are noobs but you are bored)
Finding other solo pvpers doesn't happen anymore so people are forced to run to towns, kill a few people, then run away before the rest of the town gets out the pitch forks and torches. So the question is, why do people always run around in large numbers.

The reason that people either don't pvp or they have large groups currently is because of lack of mobility. Not mobility as in specs but in getting around the map. At the moment if you don't have a wizard(or a mystic), you pretty much can't find pvp. However when you do find a wizard everyone wants to go so a party of 3 ends up being a party of 10. I am not saying nerf wizard and mystic, but enable different modes of traveling. This would allow players to move around the map to find pvp and it will enable people to pvp more freely. I propose that hero gates be brought back. Back in Dg if someone wanted to pvp they would run to the closest hero gate teleport around and check a few towns to find people. Currently if you run all the way to the town there is a high likeliness that 1-3 people will log upon seeing you, and once they know you are there no one will come out to fight you. So you ran 2000+ blocks for nothing, but with hero gates this time consumption would be drastically decreased, because it wouldn't take another 10-20 minutes to get to another town.

How this would help:
1. It would bring back solo pvping.
2. Allow for more pvp because all areas of the map would be more accessible.
3. Remove the necessity of having a wizard.
4. Allow pvpers to store their pvp loot. (This one especially, because currently loot is almost never worth recalling and running all the way back)
5. Reduce the amount of time required to pvp.

Overall: People could raid at their leisure, wizards would become an asset instead of a necessity and pvp in general would increase by a large margin.

Please leave your responses of whether you agree/disagree, and why.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
6. I want something to let me opt out of pvp all together. I don't want to kill anything and in turn don't wont to be killed so I continue being a try-hard to build things that will make the server worth looking at... we don't have much aesthetic beauty in builds hardly anywhere :p

(I'll give you my master combat class forever, if i can has, kthxbai)

I would suggest you put together a suggestion where Architects would somehow be allowed to switch into a build mode. There is no way this would work for anyone other then higher up server admins or employees because if allowed for normal players they would just designate a player per town to interfere with PVP while other people fight as some towns are doing with < level 10 players currently.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5

Let's point out truths again. Groups (TC) raid town (oak) with 3 people. Town (oak) qq's. Newerth/umbra gtp with full party for 3 people. And you talk about "real fight." You wouldnt know a real fight if it hit you in the face.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
and... thread locked because certain individuals can't keep on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.