• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Farming] - Horses and Breeding / Selling

What do you think of this idea?

• Total voters

DavidKkz

TNT
That is my point, I feel like horses should die... That is the only think making it so they can be bread, or there would be a surplus and no one would want to buy horses anymore lol

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
That is my point, I feel like horses should die... That is the only think making it so they can be bread, or there would be a surplus and no one would want to buy horses anymore lol
pretty much this.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
We aren't interested in horse combat at this time.

We are considering the ability to breed horses.

I want the player to be given the ability to "stable" their horse when not used so it doesn't die, but complete immunity may not be good. Another system we've considered (but no plugin currently does) is the system that WoW has... once you tame/purchase a horse you keep it and can summon it without any fear of losing it forever.

On one hand, we have marketability but exclusiveness to farmers and on the other we have a wider audience and more of an ability to let players spend souls on horse upgrades (or even in store for different horse-skins)
Could at least have soulbound summon item.

Babibab

Legacy Supporter 4
Personally, I think that what would be good for herocraft is to have the horses be as vanilla as possible, there are already plenty of ways of fast travelling, Runestones, Herogates, Dragon travel, Group TPs, Mark and Recall, roads, and as I noticed, there is quite a large amount of underground railroads on HC that really make fast travelling easier.

In that light, I don't believe horses should be powerful, or invulnerable, they should just be fast. For example a summonable soulbound maxed horse will almost practically defeat the runesmith's runestones. Horses can be very, very fast!

These are the contraints I'd give.

Allow vanilla taming of roaming horses,

Allow farmers, to spawn horses, but allow breeding and taming to all professions, having a horse cap per chunk will prevent horse massing

Dismount when entering combat.

Horses can die, can be killed.

Attached horses aren't invulnerable when attached, but they regain health much faster, like a player in a bed.

Do not allow health regeneration when fed.

-Allow mob scaling on horse health. The further you go, the stronger the horse you'll tame will be.

-Give the tamed horse's offspring an HP count that is a median between his two genitors. ( Bring back a horse from the 4K limit and breed him near -300 -300 and the offspring will have the health of the parent, not the health of the area)

Farmers get another skill:
- Enhancehorse. Horse is given extra health, Horse is permanently faster after spell. Reagent is 10 gunpowders. 1mn cooldown.

-Enchanters/farmers get another skill:
-Enchanthorsearmor: Enchanted armor gives wearing horse a speed boost/ a health boost.

With these contraints, your horse would die frequently and you'd keep a "stash" of horses for breeding at your base, the same way a stable works. Why do I propose these? Because i'm afraid that players won't change very much, and do like they do today, go someplace by foot/boat..etc, do their stuff and just recall back.

With these horses, players would get to a place and dump the horse, just keeping the armor, getting horses would be easy, so losing your horse would not be a terrible situation.

Needing to keep a stash of horses, but having those be vulnerable, would force the "wilderness" players to join up towns, block protection keeping the horses nice and safe.

The idea is to give the Horse armor the power capacity, not the horse itself, this way; in the same manner you don't take your diamond OP pick with you when you go pvping, you would force to players to still be wary about what traps and ambushes they fall into, but still have them be able to collect their enchanted armor.

Idea: A horse carrying an armor gets a chest tomb if he dies, giving the owner a chance to recuperate his enchanted armor.

Tell me what you think
cheers for HC horses!

huehuehuehue

enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpeg

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
the system that WoW has... once you tame/purchase a horse you keep it and can summon it without any fear of losing it forever.)
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/horse-suggestion.47030/ a bit similiar. maybe change it a bit so that the horses CAN die in some way. I was thinking that if you're caught in combat while on a horse X amount of times, the horse will die. X could be the amount of hearts it would have vanilla MC. so an average horse, 11 hearts. if you're riding your horse and u get hit by a mob or player, it will despawn and u will receive a message "your horse has taken damage" or something. add another command to it /mount check (mountname), will give u stat info and health, etc.