• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Farmer Sucks

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
So I'm the highest level farmer on the server - only LV24. I have a huge farm at 700,400 and have numerous chests of farming goodies. Farmer is broke on this new map, It's plain bad due to:

->Farming gives little to no exp. I'm level 24 and I've harvested tens of thousands of plants and and had to replant. Not even worth it.
->Mobs/Chunk ratio is shit. It's around 10 animals per chunk, effectively ruining any chance of animal farms. The only upside to this is that PETA won't be on our asses.
->Food is redundant due to apples from that somewhat fabulous tree plugin.
->Leather is redundant since the armor weight/attributes shit is in.
->Merchants can get everything sellable that farmer can and sell it the same (food, leather, wood, farm crops ect...)
->This class makes NO MONEY at all - no shards (the server currency) and nothing to sell since it's all redundant. Farmer earns nothing, so why would anyone go it at all?
->You cannot mine and get exp. It's the only class that removes the exp from mining. No shards. No ores. Nothing. It's bad.

Like seriously. Farmer gives no exp. No money. Nothing to show for your work except for a big-ass farm that shows how much effort you put into getting levels in a class that is so bad. The animals ratio just makes the class horrible and so too does the inability to mine.

#fixfarmer2013

-Relatively pissed Pie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Realised I should have put possible fixes.

FIX1:
->Increase exp gained:
Reeds | 0.5exp ->1exp
Wheat | 1exp Stay the same
Melons | 0.75 -> 1exp (Melons)
Pumpkins | 1.5exp -> 2exp (Take longer to farm and don't do much.
Sheep Shearing | 2exp (used to be alot more. It's not even worth making farms unless FIX2 is in place)

FIX2:
->Increase/Remove Mobs/Chunk ratio.
This is bullshit for farming. We cannot farm with this low levels of spawns. Put in the no-mobs under level64 and remove the mobs/chunk ratio.

FIX3:
->Put shards into farming:
For example:
Reeds:
1% FOR TINY SHARDS
0.5% FOR SMALL SHARDS
0.25% For small fragments
0.125% For large fragments

FIX4:
Just give money to farmers when farming.

Last edited:

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Also, Farmers make money by spawning cows and selling their leather in mass quantity.

You're still better off wearing 4 pieces of leather instead of 1 iron chest plate because you can enchant all 4 pieces. When custom items come in, you'd be at an extremely bad disadvantage to only wear 1 piece of armor.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I thought Farmer was fine to level last map. Doesn't sound good so far this map, however. The shearing exp drop is pretty sad.

Leather will be needed for books for town upgrades, at least until there are more "big" farms happening,

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
I thought Farmer was fine to level last map. Doesn't sound good so far this map, however. The shearing exp drop is pretty sad.

Leather will be needed for books for town upgrades, at least until there are more "big" farms happening,
The thing is that you cannot literally farm leather now. The animals/chunk ratio gets you about 10 leather an hour. Not even worth.
The shearing exp is absurd. Needs a buff.

Also, Farmers make money by spawning cows and selling their leather in mass quantity.

You're still better off wearing 4 pieces of leather instead of 1 iron chest plate because you can enchant all 4 pieces. When custom items come in, you'd be at an extremely bad disadvantage to only wear 1 piece of armor.
Once again - the animal/chunk ratio kills any chance of getting alot of leather. You'd be better just going out and finding cows in the wild and killing them than farming.

Farmer was awful to level last map too, but I stuck it out. #DealWithIt
Farmer was alright last map. At the start of the map - leather was selling for around 90c/stack. There wasn't a limit to mobs and exp was decent.

Pietro011

Legacy Supporter 9
http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Farmer

Let's start. I already made my point in elite chat, But I suppose I can put it here as well.

"->Farming gives little to no exp. I'm level 24 and I've harvested tens of thousands of plants and and had to replant. Not even worth it."

It was like this last map, sucked...but you got over it. I found sugar cane farms and utilized them every chance I got. Slowly but surely, thankful to exp boosts as well...I mastered this class and was very proud of myself for doing so.

"->Mobs/Chunk ratio is shit. It's around 10 animals per chunk, effectively ruining any chance of animal farms. The only upside to this is that PETA won't be on our asses."

I do agree with this...Farmers are made to house animals...hell, it's what a farm is essentially. I request they be allowed to not only spawn animals....but things to protect animals from random passerby, like traps...something so farmers don't have to worry about bothersome raiders like myself stealing their stuff

"->Food is redundant due to apples from that somewhat fabulous tree plugin."

Food is never redundant. You can never have too much of it and if you do, why worry? There's more people coming in all the time that needs food when they first come into the game. I suggested in elite chat farmers should get an ability where they don't need bone meal to increase the growth rate. I suggested the higher lvl a farmer is...the more of a radius he can increase the growth rate on plants. I also suggested they be able to pick up multiple plants at once and replant in the same fashion. Makes quick and easy work of gathering plants for whatever a town or it's people may need.

"->Leather is redundant since the armor weight/attributes shit is in."

I do agree...My only suggestion may be allow the farmer to use leather for other things...Horses maybe" Maybe they can be the only ones that can spawn horses when they make it into HC. I figure that can gain some hefty monies. For those who don't understand what I'm saying..."saddles" Farmers can be the only ones that can make saddles

"Merchants can get everything sellable that farmer can and sell it the same (food, leather, wood, farm crops ect...)"

A good point. Merchants suck and everyone hates them, just kidding...But he does have a point....Competition maybe? Nothing's wrong with a little bit of competition.

"This class makes NO MONEY at all - no shards (the server currency) and nothing to sell since it's all redundant. Farmer earns nothing, so why would anyone go it at all?"

This caused problems in elite. Farmers shouldn't get shards from plants, *hint* "sugar cane" and yet I don't think they'd get much from animals either....all in all, this should be fixed but very careful in how it's done. If farmers end up being the only people that can plant then trees will go scarce and only remain in towns where a farmer resides or in dangerous zones where farmer pvpers will camp some poor kid that wants some wood.

"You cannot mine and get exp. It's the only class that removes the exp from mining. No shards. No ores. Nothing. It's bad."

This is just bull. The link above shows the farmer for what he can and cannot do. A farmer can mine, he just can't gather experience from it. I suggest the poster not be lazy and go mine for shards and ore instead of trying to literally "farm money" .

"Like seriously. Farmer gives no exp. No money. Nothing to show for your work except for a big-ass farm that shows how much effort you put into getting levels in a class that is so bad. The animals ratio just makes the class horrible and so too does the inability to mine."

All in all, this class should be fixed...however broken it may be. but the poster should not be lazy and work for what he wants instead of handing it over on a silver platter. Farmer wasn't easy last map and it may not on this one. Hell, if it weren't for my boosts, I may not have gotten farmer mastered so quickly. Nothing worth having ever comes easy. You want something? You have to work for it.

Thank you for your time everyone.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
While you acted like an idiot in elite chat, it seems like you pulled your shit together and actually produced something legible. I'll respond accodingly:
"->Farming gives little to no exp. I'm level 24 and I've harvested tens of thousands of plants and and had to replant. Not even worth it."

It was like this last map, sucked...but you got over it. I found sugar cane farms and utilized them every chance I got. Slowly but surely, thankful to exp boosts as well...I mastered this class and was very proud of myself for doing so.
Last map - the exp rate was double what it is on this map. I got farmer in 3 days from non-stop farming a town-region full of sugarcane. That was boring as hell, but at least I knew I could get to 60. On this map, exp is halved and nothing is worth.

"->Mobs/Chunk ratio is shit. It's around 10 animals per chunk, effectively ruining any chance of animal farms. The only upside to this is that PETA won't be on our asses."

I do agree with this...Farmers are made to house animals...hell, it's what a farm is essentially. I request they be allowed to not only spawn animals....but things to protect animals from random passerby, like traps...something so farmers don't have to worry about bothersome raiders like myself stealing their stuff.
Thanks for agreeing. I don't believe that we should have protections - we can just use town/personal regions to stop them from killing our shit.
"->Food is redundant due to apples from that somewhat fabulous tree plugin."

Food is never redundant. You can never have too much of it and if you do, why worry? There's more people coming in all the time that needs food when they first come into the game. I suggested in elite chat farmers should get an ability where they don't need bone meal to increase the growth rate. I suggested the higher lvl a farmer is...the more of a radius he can increase the growth rate on plants. I also suggested they be able to pick up multiple plants at once and replant in the same fashion. Makes quick and easy work of gathering plants for whatever a town or it's people may need.
What I mean by this is that food can be gained from anyone. Cutting down 1 log and the whole tree coming down afterwards results in hundreds of apples in minimal time. Any new person could come along and do that. There is no use for the better food.
"->Leather is redundant since the armor weight/attributes shit is in."

I do agree...My only suggestion may be allow the farmer to use leather for other things...Horses maybe" Maybe they can be the only ones that can spawn horses when they make it into HC. I figure that can gain some hefty monies. For those who don't understand what I'm saying..."saddles" Farmers can be the only ones that can make saddles.
Saddles are easily gained from dungeons.
"Merchants can get everything sellable that farmer can and sell it the same (food, leather, wood, farm crops ect...)"

A good point. Merchants suck and everyone hates them, just kidding...But he does have a point....Competition maybe? Nothing's wrong with a little bit of competition.
What I'm meaning here is that merchants at the moment are better than farmer in the sense that they can sell everything that farmers can and can do it without having to farm. Not having a go at merchants - having a go at farmers.

"This class makes NO MONEY at all - no shards (the server currency) and nothing to sell since it's all redundant. Farmer earns nothing, so why would anyone go it at all?"

This caused problems in elite. Farmers shouldn't get shards from plants, *hint* "sugar cane" and yet I don't think they'd get much from animals either....all in all, this should be fixed but very careful in how it's done. If farmers end up being the only people that can plant then trees will go scarce and only remain in towns where a farmer resides or in dangerous zones where farmer pvpers will camp some poor kid that wants some wood.
Some random scrub suggested the 'farmers being the only class able to plant' and you made it your focal point in elite. That's where the problems lay. That definitely shouldn't be the case. Farmers do however need to have a way to get shards/money since every other class is able to mine/get exp from mining and get shards.

"You cannot mine and get exp. It's the only class that removes the exp from mining. No shards. No ores. Nothing. It's bad."

This is just bull. The link above shows the farmer for what he can and cannot do. A farmer can mine, he just can't gather experience from it. I suggest the poster not be lazy and go mine for shards and ore instead of trying to literally "farm money" .
It's not bull. If I wanted to spend time mining to get exp/shards - I would have gone miner. No. I'm saying how because a farmer cannot get exp from mining - it's not worth it. You cannot stay a lv1 farmer because you have to mine to get money - you should be able to FARM as a FARMer.

"Like seriously. Farmer gives no exp. No money. Nothing to show for your work except for a big-ass farm that shows how much effort you put into getting levels in a class that is so bad. The animals ratio just makes the class horrible and so too does the inability to mine."

All in all, this class should be fixed...however broken it may be. but the poster should not be lazy and work for what he wants instead of handing it over on a silver platter. Farmer wasn't easy last map and it may not on this one. Hell, if it weren't for my boosts, I may not have gotten farmer mastered so quickly. Nothing worth having ever comes easy. You want something? You have to work for it.
Farmer was useful last map and was able to be leveled up. Stop using comparisons from the last map and using them here - it's a different place and a different time. 'the poster' is definitely not lazy when being a farmer, he is asking for a fix when there shouldn't have been a broken prof in the first place. No shit nothing comes easy when leveling up - but when a profession doesn't give any money whatsoever, something is wrong there. I have invested plenty of time farming - I have worked, for nothing. Farmer was fine on the last map, but with the introduction of the new currency, the shards and attributes - there have been too many changes. Stop living in the past and look in the present. Farmer should not have to mine (something that gets them 0 exp) to get money, they should have to farm since they are FARMER.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo has been talking about crops and trees dropping shards. (This needs to happen!) In the case of animals, the chunk restriction need to be either removed or buffed greatly. In the case of the animals themselves, I believe they should also drop shard, though at a lower rate than normal mobs.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo has been talking about crops and trees dropping shards. (This needs to happen!) In the case of animals, the chunk restriction need to be either removed or buffed greatly. In the case of the animals themselves, I believe they should also drop shard, though at a lower rate than normal mobs.
I believe that the whole 'limit to mobs' thing should be removed, and that animal idea is really good. Animals dropping shards for farmer - might be a bit hard to make it only for farmers though.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Some major issues with granting souls from blocks that can be set down and remined....

Finding a way to get around it.

For the up coming updates - you can read various farmer changes.

Last edited: