• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Factions Heroes Revamp - Reset on 04/22/16

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So we've had a very interesting run on the factions map and there were some major issues at play in the beginning that have been worked out. We consider this soft release as a trial run and gathered very needed data to run a successful factions server.

We're planning to wipe the Factions map and re-release it. The economy side of things have been fixed, you will be able to get currency from mobs and voting is now successfully granting rewards.

All current progress will be lost and you'll start from ground zero on April 22nd at 6PM CST.

ip = PLAY.HC.TO

@Heralds | @Admins | @Balance Team

Last edited:

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I'd postpone it more. It would be awesome to have some new classes/skills for the release but I'm in my last few weeks of school, making me quite busy

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'd postpone it more. It would be awesome to have some new classes/skills for the release but I'm in my last few weeks of school, making me quite busy
While I agree, I don't believe its necessary to have new skills or classes to have a good release. Definitely wanted, though.

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
I've been anticipating a reset, and I agree with it.
Some notes for the reset:

-Have power caps and things of the sort set in stone so no changes are necessary while factions are up.

-No dumb leveling events this time :p

-If possible, a grace period for factions would be great. Maybe a 24 hour grace for all factions that start out, letting new players build their own factions without the worry of getting raided on the first day.

-A tutorial, a short one, just to go over classes and factions mostly

-A factions server specific set of rules are mandatory

-Factions wiki, also recommended (I can work on this)

-Have leveling and sorts set in stone to prevent unfair gains from players early or later on

-Dish out mass advertisements (If possible) BEFORE the release, to get a solid player base on release to prevent a specific group power housing.

-Balancing of the classes should be done in a much larger conglomerate than it was done this factions release. @Balance Team we should all sit down with the active players of this current factions release and discuss the classes/skills

Looking forward to the reset, high hopes.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I've been anticipating a reset, and I agree with it.
Some notes for the reset:

-Have power caps and things of the sort set in stone so no changes are necessary while factions are up.

-No dumb leveling events this time :p

-If possible, a grace period for factions would be great. Maybe a 24 hour grace for all factions that start out, letting new players build their own factions without the worry of getting raided on the first day.

-A tutorial, a short one, just to go over classes and factions mostly

-A factions server specific set of rules are mandatory

-Factions wiki, also recommended (I can work on this)

-Have leveling and sorts set in stone to prevent unfair gains from players early or later on

-Dish out mass advertisements (If possible) BEFORE the release, to get a solid player base on release to prevent a specific group power housing.

-Balancing of the classes should be done in a much larger conglomerate than it was done this factions release. @Balance Team we should all sit down with the active players of this current factions release and discuss the classes/skills

Looking forward to the reset, high hopes.
Im curious, other than profession issues, what in your mind was unbalanced or needed changing for factions release.

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
@WitchOnaRampage has plans to do so.

What needs to be on there?
We can either add a Section to the current one, or work out a way to make a new Wiki just for Factions.
All factions commands, and a run down on what each does
How to claim, prices for claims, blah blah blah
All classes pretty much
And a goal statement, something to tell the player what his/her goal on factions should be, what is the goal of factions?

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
Im curious, other than profession issues, what in your mind was unbalanced or needed changing for factions release.
Not just me specifically, personally i think the classes are alright.
Just some abilities that are/are not included in some classes that tip the scales a bit
The only class i'd make changes to (Because its the only one i've played so far) would be disciple. Meditate is a bit unnecessary because of the removal of smite, which ate away mana during mob farming making medidate very viable. Without smite meditate is a bit overkill on disciple as mana costs are fairly low. So i'd recommend replacing meditate with iron fist, which is one of disciples core abilities.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Just some abilities that are/are not included in some classes that tip the scales a bit
The only class i'd make changes to (Because its the only one i've played so far) would be disciple. Meditate is a bit unnecessary because of the removal of smite, which ate away mana during mob farming making medidate very viable. Without smite meditate is a bit overkill on disciple as mana costs are fairly low. So i'd recommend replacing meditate with iron fist, which is one of disciples core abilities.
I'll bring @Egorh to this, as he's the authority on disciple here, but here's what I think. Ironist isn't really considered a "core disciple" skill because it has low damage, low range, and has a decently high stamina cost. You would be better spent trying to stick onto a person with flying kick/force pull than trying to hit people with an aoe.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're placing bids for the month of may on various top lists, so hopefully we'll capture some featured spots.

If you know of any streamers that are willing to work with us, let me know and ill send them a message.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2

I'll bring @Egorh to this, as he's the authority on disciple here, but here's what I think. Ironist isn't really considered a "core disciple" skill because it has low damage, low range, and has a decently high stamina cost. You would be better spent trying to stick onto a person with flying kick/force pull than trying to hit people with an aoe.

I also disagree with saying that Ironfist is a core ability(IMO FlyingKick is the most core skill). Smite honestly is just a filler skill that you do when all other skills are still on cool down.

I would personally like to see Murasame removed in favor of MortalWound. Murasame is effectively just a bad bash/kick but MortalWould would add that counter to healers which would be nice to see.

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
I also disagree with saying that Ironfist is a core ability(IMO FlyingKick is the most core skill). Smite honestly is just a filler skill that you do when all other skills are still on cool down.

I would personally like to see Murasame removed in favor of MortalWound. Murasame is effectively just a bad bash/kick but MortalWould would add that counter to healers which would be nice to see.
Like i said, I think bringing the active factions community together for class discussion would be best, to get the view of everyone into the mix. Iron fist isn't really a core skill, but without smite meditate is unnecessary, i guess its nice when paired with profession abilities. If not ironfist, it should be replaced with something.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Will current players have a mini advantage of some sort like alpha testers?
Should get a sick [Beta] Title

Like i said, I think bringing the active factions community together for class discussion would be best, to get the view of everyone into the mix. Iron fist isn't really a core skill, but without smite meditate is unnecessary, i guess its nice when paired with profession abilities. If not ironfist, it should be replaced with something.

Brining the community wouldn't be too bad.

Sadly I'm busy until the release so I probably won't be able to make any sort of meeting.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I can agree with that. I think Smite is necessary whereas ironfist isnt that useful in its current setup.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I can agree with that. I think Smite is necessary whereas ironfist isnt that useful in its current setup.

But If you add in smite, what skill would be removed? Taking our meditate for smite would be useless because as J2 said you need smite and meditate together(although I disagree with that statement, I think people who find themselves always out of mana on disciple now just spam skills too often and need to be more conservative.) I wouldn't want to see any of the current skills lost just to have smite put in, which as I've already said in my opinion is just a filler skills between other more important tactical skills like flying kick of quivering palm.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Smite for disciple is pretty much a spam damage skill. Its only use was to deal damage, it has no secondary effects. The missing damage from taking away smite can just be compensated elsewhere. Then again I guess you could say the same thing about meditate.

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
Currently ironfist is not in factions disciples kit, nor is smite. I'm trying to say that meditate is only neccasary when paired with smite, as smite is a costly spammable ability. Without smite, I find myself only using meditate for profession mana costs. So we can either replace a current skill of disciples with smite, or replace meditate with something like serenity (That may be overkill though)