• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Exploiting issues and rules.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I agree that LWC's definitely should not be free. However, I do feel that if the LWC limit were raised, and the cost lowered, it would solve a LOT of problems. I'm not saying that the changes should be significant, but just enough so that you don't have to keep hearing people whine about exploited thefts.
Maybe increasing how many you can have all around. Money isnt an issue. Greedy bastards are.... /money top 50 reads all players ABOVE 3k coins.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Maybe increasing how many you can have all around. Money isnt an issue. Greedy bastards are.... /money top 50 reads all players ABOVE 3k coins.
Agreed, But do mayors still get LWC's cheap and a larger limit? If so, I don't even think that's necessary.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I say a larger climit

I have as much money as I want

if i need more I just mine, but I'm afraid of the ever nearing climit

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
^^agreed. Money isn't the issue. It is the limit. Everyone has the same ability to go out and get money by playing the game. Some people just aren't very good at the game. I'm super conservative with my lwc's because I know I have a limit.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Your T6. How in gods name have you filled up 14 LWCs? I have 6 chests right now and only 3 of them have a contents worth anything.

If more LWCs are going to be added give it to the mayors again. It promotes being in a town and ensures there isn't rampant use of LWCs. I'm against it though.

mdperk2

Legacy Supporter 3
Your T6. How in gods name have you filled up 14 LWCs? I have 6 chests right now and only 3 of them have a contents worth anything.

If more LWCs are going to be added give it to the mayors again. It promotes being in a town and ensures there isn't rampant use of LWCs. I'm against it though.

What people don't think about is stuff like obsidian, and other valuable blocks that by themself aren't worth too much but in bulk are worth a lot. I happen to know that Sadikyo has a good 3-4 doublechests of obsidian alone. Add up the coin value of that obsidian alone and you'll see the value. That's just one type of material too. Imagine all the other items that aren't worth too much by themself, but in bulk can add up to a lot of money. Then think about how many other kinds of items there are in the game.

The point is, that you can QUICKLY fill up your limited number of LWC's without much effort. The issue isn't money, it's about the number of LWC's you can get. Stuff like obsidian fills up quick and when you have a small number of LWC's you have to make them count, and the bottom line is that you will have a LOT of materials that you simply cannot fit into your LWC's because you don't have enough, especially if you sort them by type of material.

I strongly agree that the LWC limit should be raised, but the cost stay the same.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Since when is getting a double chest full of obby is quick and without effort?

Regardless, I see your point. That's why I think that if done it should only be given to towns. Gives you what you want but in a manner that doesn't destroy the hardcore aspect.

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
I said it will still be investigated as exploitation, the users will still be punished, we just wont have sympathy for you, nor return your items.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I don't feel bad for rape victims because honestly.... They should have been smart enough to not walk in the park at night

Edit. I don't really believe that but there is a connection to the logic

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
I think the LWC change could work well if it is done right. Obviously we don't want everyone to have access to 100 LWCs at 20c each. That would make raiding almost pointless because everyone would keep things in LWCs. Finding the balance is what will be difficult, but rewarding.

Also, in response to Kalkyte, it's easy to use up your LWCs when you give/sell them to other non-donor players who don't have as many as me, in addition to the bulk materials point mdperk2 made. Furthermore, believe it or not there are people on here who don't only think about themselves :) I'm not as worried about myself, as I am the people who literally can't afford to be donors, and getting LWCs is extremely relatively difficult.

I think we can all agree (I hope) that too many/ unlimited LWCs is a bad thing. However, I believe an increase in the limits (a reasonable increase) could help out without ruining the PVP aspect of the server.

ReedME

Legacy Supporter 8
Several thoughts I'd like to add:

I agree that dirt on chests should be 100% illegal - its ugly and horrid though I do have an idea which would look pretty for the same effect :p

I miss the days of sanctum where as mayor/(SIC acting mayor at the time) I was able to set up a vault and assign 1 LWC to each of my town members so that they could rest assured they had somewhere safe to store items - I believe this should return - I don't mind paying 199c to LWC a chest for each of my active members but I do need a higher limit to be able to do so.

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
I think it's ridiculous to make it "illegal" to put a block of dirt over your chest. Generally speaking, the rules are in place to keep people from exploiting the game, taking advantage of lag, and general douchebaggery. I don't think putting dirt over your stuff breaks any game rules.

Besides, now that people know it won't really help them out much, and knowing that it is extremely easy to exploit into them, we will probably see people not doing it as much, heh. OK, maybe not, hehe.

Anyway, it is a difficult task finding the cases where authority needs to step in and control what the users are doing. Much like government involvement in industry and people's private lives. I don't think the admins really want to get into regulating every little situation.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Apparently this is Grand Theft Cobblestone and not Minecraft.

I disagree. This is a hardcore server where everything is earned. Sure we have a bunch of fun mods to supplement the hardcore experience, but everything is earned. If LWC's were free this server might as well be a freebuild server. You could just LWC every block in your house and every chest in your home. Nothing would make sense and it would be pointless to run Heroes on the server, since PVP wouldn't exist.

Now that, isn't right.

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
Dirt Over Chest = MEAGER protection, can lose items!

So what you're saying is if someone has region access, they can steal your stuff. Because there is no way to steal from a dirt covered chest if you are not on the region.