• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Exploiting issues and rules.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
So..No. They'll investigate it at there own will to get the exploiters, but because of your poor protective measures they aren't going to reimburse you.

They never reimbursed you in the first place, so that is moot.

I am only using LWCs now anyway so it is NMFF. I was just asking for specific clarifications, as the way it is now, someone can work around the rule. =P

HollowSith

Diamond
They never reimbursed you in the first place, so that is moot.

It isn't a new rule... Just stated again in an updated fashion to clarify for all who weren't aware... And as it is now, people can't work around it. I see it as firmly set in stone, lol.

Kryptomaniac

Legacy Supporter 7
So..No. They'll investigate it at there own will to get the exploiters, but because of your poor protective measures they aren't going to reimburse you. :S

Its not poor protective measures when its in regions. What were all asking is it legal to exploit regions to get items, because the point of regions is to stop people not on regions from breaking blocks, so if they find a way to exploit that region, that would be considered illegal.

What your implying is that if someone walks in and just exploits 100 chests in regions by breaking blocks, that this is okay and that we should all do it.

HollowSith

Diamond
Its not poor protective measures when its in regions. What were all asking is it legal to exploit regions to get items, because the point of regions is to stop people not on regions from breaking blocks, so if they find a way to exploit that region, that would be considered illegal.

What your implying is that if someone walks in and just exploits 100 chests in regions by breaking blocks, that this is okay and that we should all do it.

Take your time and read what I and other people say.

"What your implying is that if someone walks in and just exploits 100 chests in regions by breaking blocks, that this is okay and that we should all do it" I implied nothing of the sort.

The rule says, the chests will be logged to catch exploiters. This implies that they will be caught and punished. If they are caught and punished, then it's obviously illegal. What more do you want?

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I think that we all understand that yes, it is in fact illegal

however, statements like not supported means of proteciton, and we won't take any action if you lose items

are confusing regular players

and making (dumb) players think they can cheat and get away with it

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
^^ And the problem with these... "regular" ... players, is that they will go all over the chats in-game telling people "guess what guys! breaking dirt over chests in region to steal stuff is now legal - Xani and Kainzo said so!!!" --- and then the typical downward spiral of misguided judgment continues on and on.

If all else fails... Exploiting is illegal. It is against the rules. Breaking a dirt block in a regioned area (that you aren't supposed to be able to break), and then opening a chest in the split-second that you have because of lag, is CLEARLY exploiting game mechanics and taking advantage of the lag to benefit yourself. I don't see how this can be disputed. I know the way Xani stated it may be blowing some people's minds, but I can guarantee Xanipher and Kainzo did not intend that message to imply that you could go and break in a bunch of chests in that manner and not face any punishment.

Any other interpretation of what Xanipher said is simply manipulating her words and taking advantage of the fact that she didn't have her post proofread by 4 english majors before posting. When writing something, you don't typically go out of your way to look for logic loopholes or potential ways to misinterpret what you said (well I do, only because I know how people are...but you get the point, hehe).

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
Its probably already been said but saying that exploiting is illegal but then saying that a dirt covered chest in a region is not valid protection is kind of a contradiction. I understand you want the only true protection to be lwc, but this leaves a rather big grey area.

Maybe stealing from a block locked chest should be illegal in regioned areas. This eliminates any confusion over the issue. You would not only be exploiting in order to steal from the chests but also stealing from a block locked chest.

If people already have to break a rule to steal from the chest why not just make the whole thing illegal to do?

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
A solution to the dirtoverchest thing would be to have each chet covered by 2 dirt blocks instead of one. That's basically lwc right there...

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
^^ That doesn't work all the time, especially when there is a lot of lag. You can still access a doublechest. Especially with enchanted tools that cut through dirt like it's air.

There isn't really a "problem" to address here, in my opinion. Nowhere did Xanipher say it was legal to break in a chest covered with dirt, in a regioned area.

Go ahead and mince her words some more everyone, but I would imagine the big quote in RED letters at the top of her post kinda trumps all.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
@Kainzo

Ahhhhhhh! Wall of text! Allow me to clarify. I think I have this right.

LWC Protected chests = GOOD!
Putting dirt over chests = VIABLE BUT RISKY YOU WONT BE REIMBURSED!
Breaking dirt and opening chest quickly to open chest in region = NO! YOUR EXPLOITING BLOCK LAG!
Breaking dirt and opening chest in UNregioned area ( replace dirt) = LOOT TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT! Exploiting/Glitching into an area for any purpose = /SLAP (YOU)

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
Thank you Kainzo and Thunderjolt for finally setting this straight, not that you should have had to.

Let's review everyone:

Exploiting has always been and will always be illegal.

Using "lag" to get into any area, otherwise impossible = exploiting.

Put those two quotes together and you have an extremely definite answer that doesn't leave room for misunderstanding.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The main issue is this.

People are abusing regions by storing items through methods not meant for 'protection' by design and then crying when shit goes missing. Coupled with, by the game structure is almost impossible to stop 'lagging through' chests so shit will go missing. Yes, we will catch people who do this, no we wont reimburse because its not a supported method. Will people lose items? yes. Will people who abuse glitches be punished and if it continues be ultimately banned? yes.

Draskuul

Legacy Supporter 5
We desperately need to go back to LWCs being free (or at least in the realm of 10c or something) and unlimited.

The only effects I can see of having expensive and limited LWCs are:

- Incredibly damned ugly cities full of dirt barriers to streets, bridges, doors, and chests.
- Tons more work for staff dealing with petitions over region exploits.

Seriously, I can not see a single positive benefit of having the ridiculously expensive and highly limited LWCs. Absolutely none. You aren't promoting anything remotely hardcore by doing so--they just get dirt-locked in regions instead and create a whole new host of problems.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
derp i cant believe it didnt occur to me that block locking should become illegal as well, maybe thats the answer to the grey area :p

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
@Draskuul No. That would be ridiculous. LWC can work on blocks to. If people could just LWC anything and everything they would, and it would suck. No more stealing items (legally), raids are even more worthless and everything gets way too easy. This is a hardcore server.

mdperk2

Legacy Supporter 3
We have no want to return to free LWC's - the only reason why we ever had them before was because there were zero methods to restrict them.

I agree that LWC's definitely should not be free. However, I do feel that if the LWC limit were raised, and the cost lowered, it would solve a LOT of problems. I'm not saying that the changes should be significant, but just enough so that you don't have to keep hearing people whine about exploited thefts.