• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Expensive class changes

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I sure am enjoying reading this thread that's about the cost of class changing. The last couple pages were especially constructive and on topic.

Also it is pretty expensive. I've seen a large number of level 20 casters and rogues and such trying to sell what little they own to pay for that first class change and its depressing.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Hey bob u know their is a guild already special in helping new players u quit one and joined the other what does that mean :( Just joking.
Btw the spec just,cost to much and gold are hard to find, not even to mention about players randomly trolling newbies. No offense to those who enjoys PvP. But when they don't enter a fair fight, it don't count as a win even if u kill him, I know u want the loot, but if this is only the reason u wanna PvP, then sorry, u are not a true pvper. If u are a true pvper, go on a fight with a player which have about the same lv as u do. Campers are a down side of this server, no offense to the hardcore tag, but it just seems so unfair for new players. And no offense to kainzo too, but if this is kept on repeating, New players won't be so enjoyable in this server and, they will just rage quit.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
I sure am enjoying reading this thread that's about the cost of class changing. The last couple pages were especially constructive and on topic.

Also it is pretty expensive. I've seen a large number of level 20 casters and rogues and such trying to sell what little they own to pay for that first class change and its depressing.
Not to mention about some so called traders paying too low on their things and buying the things they have in a awful low price, while they dunno what does the thing they have even cost.

Not to mention about some so called traders paying too low on their things and buying the things they have in a awful low price, while they dunno what does the thing they have even cost.
Hey bob u know their is a guild already special in helping new players u quit one and joined the other what does that mean :( Just joking.
Btw the spec just,cost to much and gold are hard to find, not even to mention about players randomly trolling newbies. No offense to those who enjoys PvP. But when they don't enter a fair fight, it don't count as a win even if u kill him, I know u want the loot, but if this is only the reason u wanna PvP, then sorry, u are not a true pvper. If u are a true pvper, go on a fight with a player which have about the same lv as u do. Campers are a down side of this server, no offense to the hardcore tag, but it just seems so unfair for new players. And no offense to kainzo too, but if this is kept on repeating, New players won't be so enjoyable in this server and, they will just rage quit.
All of this, its true! When I where newbie at the server, I were mining at forgelight, I found tons of gold ore and iron, before I go mining, I haven't mark yet, so I had to go all way home, them, when I was leaving spawn, a beguiler and a dragon, all high lvl, attacked me. That really causes rage quit, because I make that O_O, I back after 3 days, I know I had to make all the way again, because of spawn campers.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Darth has a major point, it is difficult to get established with people killing the newbies.
Please don't take my "Disagree" personally :) When I was a complete n00b, all I had to do was run away from spawn without getting killed (not hard to do), go to a remote area of the map, dig deep, and start mining. The only time I ever got hunted while mining, I was in Forgelight. In Bastion, I was just fine.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Please don't take my "Disagree" personally :) When I was a complete n00b, all I had to do was run away from spawn without getting killed (not hard to do), go to a remote area of the map, dig deep, and start mining. The only time I ever got hunted while mining, I was in Forgelight. In Bastion, I was just fine.

Except now you have people camping the spawn points at Warshard, which is where many of the newbies set up shop. It is vastly different now, as opposed to how it once was. Within the past I want to say two months or so, the newbie spawn camping has gotten much worse in my opinion. We have had quite a few newbies in Tour get so annoyed with the killing they quit the server.

I do not blame them to a point.

CanDoBlue

Legacy Supporter 6
Think about it from a long time players perspective.

Look at some of the player who have mastered multiple classes. What if I've master Dreadknight, Ranger, and Nercomancer , and I'm a Ranger currently. So I choose to look for some players, I track them see that they are in the Nether, switch to Necro, gather a party, Port to the Nether. Then switch to Ranger and begin to track the players thru the Nether, when I get close enough switch to Dread, and commence to surprisingly attack the group I originally tracked as a Ranger.

This would only have costed me 1500c and gotten a INSTANT swtich between the classes. I consider this to be too little coin, and too short of a time to switch between classes.

Forever Yours,
~Canada_Blue

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
IMO, switching classes should be a bit cheaper, but with a week cooldown on the switch. This way, newbs can get the class change they need, and this would also solve the problem of people switching classes right before a fight. I personally don't see it as fair that some people who are rich (from various means: lottery, got chestshops early, constant raider/camper, etc) and can switch between classes so fast and often. To all people who say "oh just go mine, you can get so-and-so amount of coin in so-and-so amount of time, some people aren't as lucky/don't have the enchanted stuff you do. When I go mining, i usually find around 0-12 gold ores every 3 hours. I'm just not a lucky person and alot of other people aren't either.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
IMO, switching classes should be a bit cheaper, but with a week cooldown on the switch. This way, newbs can get the class change they need, and this would also solve the problem of people switching classes right before a fight. I personally don't see it as fair that some people who are rich (from various means: lottery, got chestshops early, constant raider/camper, etc) and can switch between classes so fast and often. To all people who say "oh just go mine, you can get so-and-so amount of coin in so-and-so amount of time, some people aren't as lucky/don't have the enchanted stuff you do. When I go mining, i usually find around 0-12 gold ores every 3 hours. I'm just not a lucky person and alot of other people aren't either.
So class changes should be cheaper because new people cant give deciding their class more than 10 seconds, and rush in their choice just to learn they dont like the class and are too lazy to use /hero reset?