• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Engineer's IC Orginization

MoeJunur

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
I know that these are privlages,i dont want to abuse or do something i'm not supposed to!

Are we allowed to build a clock unit? like the 5 clock or something from Minecraft Logic Gates!
as on this Minecraft wiki http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_circuits ,
most units call for clock inputs, i dont see a mc for clocks in our list we can use, would it be better to use the craftbook clock mc0420,
I think we might get rid of a lot of these home built clocks that could be causing issues and use an mc for better input, less game fatigue,

Please correct me if i have stated something wrong, out of place, or just plain stupid.

MoeJunur

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
Maxilimus, yes it is but, you have to be Lv 40 for it and the lower levels requires clocks, so what can we use to make them work?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The nodes are granted in 3 different levels, we arent granting any of the overpowered / unbalanced IC's

If you want to assist in remaking / realigning the class, by all means do the research, present me the nodes to grant from lvl 10 -> 50

Ribido

Coal
I'm currently in my mid 30's of ENG so i will give another post with more detail once I hit 50, but I wanted to bring one point up for discussion.

I realise it seems logical to first give people standard circuits, followed later by self triggered ones, but I think it's doing more harm than good. For example the standard Detection circuits all require a clock input, which either requires you be level 40 to craft a clock (since it's self triggered) or craft your own 5-clock (which in mass can lag the server).

With many other options, the standard circuit is just cumbersome and a large waster of space. I'd rather see you get the standard and self-triggered option at the same time and instead spread the individual releases over the span of levels. The truth of the matter is that the standard IC's are just annoying to use and generally require you to build additional redstone parts to do the same thing. All this does is make lower level engineers useless as they know their creations will be replaced by self triggered IC's and increase redstone loads on the server. Instead give newer engineers the ability to create good quality circuits but at a paced entry.

For example:
-Make levels 1-10(~15) about original redstone circuitry, unlock repeaters, fast leveling, diamond tools.
-Level 10( or 15) grants 2 or 3 essential IC's like "or" "nor" "2and" "2nand"
-have some filler ic's between here and 25 before giving detections circuits
-make standard pistons at lvl 40 and sticky pistons at 50
-Have full IC abilities (to the extent the server allows) by 40.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
I been testing most of the IC and all of the self triggering as well as both the wireless receivers for the wireless redstone IC (self-trigger and edge-trigger) do not work.

level 1-10 The simple IC like D-flip flops T-flip flops and Repeaters are especially desired for multiple reasons.
level 10-20 The Circuits should be introduced, XOR gate, AND gate Latches and so on, you can make them at level 1 using redstone but with IC these are much more compact and may be enjoyed more for projects that require them to save space.
level 20-30 the use of normal pistons should help people get their pushing of blocks done.
level 30-40 the use of edge-trigger detection like MC1272.
level 40-49 Wireless transmitters and self-trigger
Level 50 Sticky Piston