• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Enchanting Mastery

Digger360

Obsidian
For enchanters, the higher your current level, the stronger enchantments you can make. This is all good and extremely satisfying. However at about level 50, Your enchantments can't get any stronger. Even if the level required to craft something is higher, It's because of the 25% *Randomness* Minecraft applies to an item to determine the enchant level.

So once you reach level 50, you have no reason to keep grinding. No one wants to grind an extra day or two for no reason. So rather than having an enchanters *Cap* at 50, I suggest adding a skill at level 55, as enchanters don't have any others. This would provide the incentive to push to the end, Giving mastering Enchanting a skill to congratulate you for your determination.

Perhaps the ability to *Enchant* base materials into rare, Yet useful blocks/Items
For example.

Dirt/Coal/Flint X64 ---> Mycelium X1
Mycelium X64 ---> (One of the new Music disc's?)

Pumpkin X64 --> Sponge X1

Just some crappy ideas. Post better ones!

(Note.) Perhaps enchantments should take 3x xp, But enchanters can *Disenchant* other enchanters products for 1/2 the xp. Destroying the item. [Lvl 30]

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
The levels after 55 will just be a stockpile of xp for the enchantments which use xp.
I think it's fine that way.
The major issue for us right now is that we can make books.
No bookcases means crap enchants.

agentjwall

Godly
@Digger360

Interesting idea but can't be done. There is absolutely no modding support for enchantments at the moment. We'd either have to wait for a major Bukket breakthrough or until the official mod API comes out.

Digger360

Obsidian
I'm suggesting a change to the enchantment system it's self. Just some reason to grind to 55, Rather than just 50. A minor skill such as gills or the ability to craft special items is easily script-able.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I got a fortune 2, an i know someone who got a unbreaking 3, faster or whatever its called 3 and fortune 2 all on one.

RumpTroll

Legacy Supporter 1
They took away all the damage enchantments, and probably removed silk touch. This is mostly so people with swords should not have a huge damage advantage.

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
What be the reason for taking Silk Touch.
That is one of the best enchants.

RumpTroll

Legacy Supporter 1
If you get fortune 2 and silk touch. Getting 2 diamond blocks place then down and repeat. Could be mixed in other ways but same with ice, grass etc. They want cauldrons to do that.

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
The odds on getting silk touch and fortune together are pretty slim.
If it doesn't unbalance combat it shouldn't be touched.

Chaz8591

Legacy Supporter 5
If you get fortune 2 and silk touch. Getting 2 diamond blocks place then down and repeat. Could be mixed in other ways but same with ice, grass etc. They want cauldrons to do that.

Actually, you cannot pick up ice (Source). And with fortunne there is only a small chance of getting multiple Drops... Plus Kain could also take away the ability to place Ore blocks like he did with Iron and Gold ore blocks.