• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enchanting changes...

Parsalin

Iron
Lets change enchanting for the better...

Every other profession has a list of things they can do even alchemist gets cauldron...

No other class has an exp cost to produce either...

So here is my suggestion and almost all of it has preexisting code to pull from so it should not be hard to do...

First lets disable tables like the anvil is disabled.
Then add a skill like port meaning its a skill that will do enchants based on the variable given next

Example:

/skill enchant list
-will list possible enchants perhaps lvl when its availible...
/skill enchant unbreaking
-will put unbreaking on the tool. Id like to see this be random from 1-3 based on level
-the skill could have up to 30 second cool down and require some 5 lapis to cast.

two things to decide on is can one then use the skill again on an item to try and raise it or stack enchants and should they be allowed to enchant other tools

in any case i know i could copy paste code from other skills and with minor tweaks make it work depending on how you handle changing the items data.

this option also allows for the lore enchants which arent table enchants such as health and armor or speed while wearing or holding the item. in any case 1.8 has damaged enchanting pretty hard.

Share your opinions guys!

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Lets change enchanting for the better...

Every other profession has a list of things they can do even alchemist gets cauldron...

No other class has an exp cost to produce either...

So here is my suggestion and almost all of it has preexisting code to pull from so it should not be hard to do...

First lets disable tables like the anvil is disabled.
Then add a skill like port meaning its a skill that will do enchants based on the variable given next

Example:

/skill enchant list
-will list possible enchants perhaps lvl when its availible...
/skill enchant unbreaking
-will put unbreaking on the tool. Id like to see this be random from 1-3 based on level
-the skill could have up to 30 second cool down and require some 5 lapis to cast.

two things to decide on is can one then use the skill again on an item to try and raise it or stack enchants and should they be allowed to enchant other tools

in any case i know i could copy paste code from other skills and with minor tweaks make it work depending on how you handle changing the items data.

this option also allows for the lore enchants which arent table enchants such as health and armor or speed while wearing or holding the item. in any case 1.8 has damaged enchanting pretty hard.

Share your opinions guys!

Thoughts;

I personally do not like this idea of a change, would make it too easy for players to obtain high enchanted gear.

What I'd like to see personally;

+ The % of receiving items with multiply enchants or high tier enchants to be lowered ALOT (makes 'god' tools a lot more special than they currently are)
+ The exp cost to enchant items to decrease slightly (0.5% per level with a max of 30%) depending on the level of the player. (Would make it feel like you're progressing).
+ Have it so the % of enchanting multiple enchants/ high tier enchants increases slightly depending on your level (0.25% per level or a max of 15%)
+ Have it so a block (1-3) of lapis is required to enchant an item (would give some value to this worthless block, let's be honest here)
+ (Placeholder)

Basically I'm trying to slow down the whole process of obtaining high tier enchanted items but also addressing the exp costs that are present within the class. Let's make good enchantments sought after!