• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Economy] - Value of the coin.

sevanaka

Air
DISCLAIMER:
-I don't know if this has been discussed before, and if it has, I appologize for not scouring the forums more thoroughly.-

I would like to question the coin-to-gold ratio in the game, despite the fact that there are many systems set up around it's current conversion.

It makes sense to have gold ingots be worth a few coins each (5-6, as they are currently) however, the actual monetary value of a SINGLE coin is pretty high, IMO.

What I mean by this can be explained simply - an entire STACK of 64 sand might be sold for 1 (ONE) coin! If players want to deal in anything less (especially newer players like myself - who haven't had the opportunity to go around collecting 1598729347087 blocks) we simply cannot.

As a suggestion, I would propose a small inflation - say instead of a 5-1 ratio, a 100-1 ratio (the number is arbitrary, somebody can do more precise calculations here). This way, one coin can buy smaller quantities (maybe a stack of 16 sand) of items. This doesn't hurt the cost of a full stack (it can remain the same - 64 sand for 20 coins) but it makes for smaller denominations and more precise control over item sales.

And with greater control over prices comes a greater influence of Supply and Demand in the economy of the server - meaning that worthless pile of dirt might drop to a single coin while priceless diamonds skyrocket.

Thanks for reading!

tl;dr - SUGGESTION: 1 gold ingot should = 100c to improve price breakdowns.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
I think this is a great idea, current rates are too granular. Everything in the server is based off our gold standard, this should be raised over time.

If you raise the rate all at once you'll bankrupt anyone with a substantial amount of cash, which is fairly cruel considering the effort it took to get those 5000 coins.

I put forth that DHX should start raising the selling price of gold incrementally. Town costs would have to be adjusted by a similar percentage.

Angusward

Gold
Capn_Danger said:
I think this is a great idea, current rates are too granular. Everything in the server is based off our gold standard, this should be raised over time.

If you raise the rate all at once you'll bankrupt anyone with a substantial amount of cash, which is fairly cruel considering the effort it took to get those 5000 coins.

I put forth that DHX should start raising the selling price of gold incrementally. Town costs would have to be adjusted by a similar percentage.

Why not just increase everyone's coin relative to the increase in coin value of gold?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Angusward said:
Capn_Danger said:

Why not just increase everyone's coin relative to the increase in coin value of gold?

we could, but why? Its a mocked market economy.

Angusward

Gold
It really depends on if you want to do it as a technical modification or world event. I don't really care either way, as my total riches are about 40 coins; not much of a loss.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
It could be a good idea, but im not really sure. I don't mind either way, but some people who have thousands of coins who worked hard for them might be angry because now everyone else will catch up quicker since they're hard earned coins just dropped in value.