• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dynamic Leveling System

Zaihn

Legacy Supporter 5
Currently the leveling system in Herocraft is very linear. In explanation, I simply mean that the most efficient way to level is to spend days in a swamp killing all of the same mob spawns. This is doable but creates an overall boring leveling experience and can sometimes push new players away from the server.
I am not implying that leveling needs to be "fun" but adding more viable choices would allow the experience to not become overly stale. I understand that dungeons are going to be implemented in the future so the idea I have for a more "dynamic leveling system" will complement this upcoming feature.
Suggestion: Make the Nether World Viable for Leveling
In my opinion the Nether has so much potential to be an incredible place to go level. The myriad hazards found in the Nether keeps visiting players on their toes. A few of the hazards they have to watch out for are the screaming ghasts, hard-hitting zombie pigmen, and large amounts of lava.
Currently, the Nether World, is used primarily for farming the blocks that are found only there. I would like to change this by making the experience of the Zombie Pigman up to par with the regular monsters found in Bastion. This suggestion will be explained below.
  • Reduce the Health of the Zombie Pigman to 1600 (.084:1) (Experience:Health)
    • Current Exp of Pigman 135 : Current Health 3500 -> Ratio of .038 Exp to 1 health
    • Current Exp of Creeper 38 : Current Health 450 -> Ratio of .084 Exp to 1 health
    • This simply shows that killing creepers is much more efficient than killing pigman.
Reducing the health of the Zombie Pigman to 1600 would put the experience of killing the much tougher Zombie Pigman in line with the Creeper. This change will make the Zombie Pigman viable to legitimately level off of and will increase the popularity of the Nether. The current popularity of the Nether is shown by the very small number of people that visit it weekly and this small change will give the Nether good reason to be visited.
With the reduced health, the Zombie Pigman will still be a formidable opponent.
They hit three times harder than the regular zombie and can three shot most casters. Melee, will also have a tough time. They will have to maintain their armor and heal up after almost every encounter. This will promote group activity: tank, caster, and a healer.

The Positives and Negatives

Positives:
  • Another viable way to level
  • Promotes group activity/teamwork
  • Helps economically: need to fully gear, bring extra gear, and purchase a hellgate
  • Makes the Nether more popular: leveling, chest shops, and building
  • To effectively level, the player will need to be higher (30+) with access to their important skills
Negatives:
  • Pvpers will go to the Nether and kill levelers
  • The Nether is dangerous and large amounts of players will die
  • Possible Exploits/mob grinding (Although with more people, this should be better moderated)
Edit: Sorry about format, changed as soon as I posted.

Ultanian

Portal
Definitely. I never realized Pigmen didn't give that much exp. The harder to kill the Mob, I think the more exp you should get.

Droowid

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I really like the idea of weakening the pigmen, and think it is a better idea than making them give more exp which could get out of hand. I miss nether leveling.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Interesting idea. Would stimulate the economy for Necromancer ports as well. I don't see why not.

If only we had dungeons... (cough Danda cough you slacker)

sheepcrys

Legacy Supporter 3
Well custom mob and boss is coming out so this won't be a problem I Believe.

And quest is going to be out soon too. So by the time this have been implanted the things that I mentioned above will be too, and it will be useless as what you want are other ways to levels up and quest, custom mob, boss, dungeon are what you wanted, no?

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
I like pigment health and damage. I think they should get an xp boost. Like a mini boss

BrusLi44

Legacy Supporter 4
What about a Dungeon World :D
Got your attention huh ?
I've saw that on another servers and it's AWESOME . There should be a "fee" for every "quest" you accept , and , like in the aether , you have to complete the dungeon in order to escape ( sorry if I'm wrong but I don't know so much about Aether )
Also there should be a cooldown for these dungeons , but everybody should be able to enter a dungeon without having to wait for the others to complete it . Hmm , what if parties could enter toghether the "dungeons" and share their XP ? Some level restriction-per-level and a level-difficulty ( lvl 1 - less mobs and weaker boss , lvl 65 - more / harder mobs and a thoughter boss ) would be cool too .

sheepcrys

Legacy Supporter 3
Got your attention huh ?
I've saw that on another servers and it's AWESOME . There should be a "fee" for every "quest" you accept , and , like in the aether , you have to complete the dungeon in order to escape ( sorry if I'm wrong but I don't know so much about Aether )
Also there should be a cooldown for these dungeons , but everybody should be able to enter a dungeon without having to wait for the others to complete it . Hmm , what if parties could enter toghether the "dungeons" and share their XP ? Some level restriction-per-level and a level-difficulty ( lvl 1 - less mobs and weaker boss , lvl 65 - more / harder mobs and a thoughter boss ) would be cool too .

I'm sorry but the thought of entering a dungeon and then having fees and cooldown and all that: it makes me feels like I'm playing a mmorpg

a boring mmorpg

BrusLi44

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm sorry but the thought of entering a dungeon and then having fees and cooldown and all that: it makes me feels like I'm playing a mmorpg

a boring mmorpg

Well just very often events would open the dungeons , like a DeathMatch , but the players would still have the same Herocraft RPG experience .

Zaihn

Legacy Supporter 5
Got your attention huh ?

Currently, there are plans for implementing dungeons. The issue being these plans take time. I made this suggestion for the zombie pigman health reduction because it would be a quick tweak to the game, opening up new possibilities with the nether.

Not trying to be rude but, I would appreciate it if you kept off topic comments out of my thread. I like the idea but your post is not relevant to mine. Just make your own suggestion thread!