• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dungeon World: HeavensGate Feedback

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Tier 1 dungeon - the great tree one
  • As @Eldrylars has suggested, some lore on entering that explains to players that the "dungeon" is in fact the grounds around the tree, and also to seek the entry under the tree which is where I understand the bosses will be spawning, would be very helpful. I and the players with me spent a lot of time seeking "the entry to the dungeon" on the assumption that there would be one! (I consider myself a good representative noob, and I feel this experience has the potential to be very frustrating for new players.)
  • Some way of encouraging players to explore their new skills as they gain them would be helpful (from the perspective of the dungeons providing an extended tutorial).
I was getting these error messages:
  • Sorry but you can't change that here (was using a hoe and Fireball on mobs)
  • Sorry but you can't use that here
  • The following message (bottom line) re drops/mob name on slaying some mobs (not sure what happened with drops from these events) -
upload_2015-10-10_13-54-59.png

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
What about spots where people get stuck, can't get out of, can't get back to to retrieve their deathchests?

Luck of the game? Or petition to get them opened up or closed over?

Because I'm probably pretty good at finding a few ;)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
May be worth setting gained EXP to clamp at (Exp-To-Level /10)

This change will not make life more difficult for high level players, but will mean that it does not make sense for low level players to go to a high level dungeon when you get just as much XP from lower level ones with easier mobs.

At this time, if you go to the high level dungeon as a level 1, you level as follows for each 1 mob killed.
1-7
7-10
10-12
12-14
14-15
15-17
17-18
18-19

With a bow, a Ranger can do this in about 12 minutes, without a boost.

Clamping the Exp, will make it so that it still takes a minimum of 10 mobs for each level regardless of which dungeon/mobs you are killing.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
With current players familiarity of existing dungeons being underground caves and the new dungeons being mostly open air, writing lore for each dungeon that we present to the player before entering the dungeon will give the player an idea on what the task of the dungeon will be and should be invaluable for new players as well as players entering the dungeon for the first time.

Example:
Dungeon 1:
This ancient trees roots have been corrupted by a foul necromancer, turning an ancient ritual site to a swamp of disease and despair. Hunt the swamps and vanquish the undead hordes and when you are strong enough, find the necromancer and kill him!

Little bit of story for funsies.
Instructions built into lore: "This ancient trees roots have been corrupted by a foul necromancer," "find the necromancer and kill him!" "Hunt the swamps and vanquish the undead hordes"

Short and sweat and explains enough to get the players rolling.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
With current players familiarity of existing dungeons being underground caves and the new dungeons being mostly open air, writing lore for each dungeon that we present to the player before entering the dungeon will give the player an idea on what the task of the dungeon will be and should be invaluable for new players as well as players entering the dungeon for the first time.

Example:
Dungeon 1:
This ancient trees roots have been corrupted by a foul necromancer, turning an ancient ritual site to a swamp of disease and despair. Hunt the swamps and vanquish the undead hordes and when you are strong enough, find the necromancer and kill him!

Little bit of story for funsies.
Instructions built into lore: "This ancient trees roots have been corrupted by a foul necromancer," "find the necromancer and kill him!" "Hunt the swamps and vanquish the undead hordes"

Short and sweat and explains enough to get the players rolling.
Sounds really good. Encapsulate the lore of each dungeon and clarify the players' objectives. Avoid misunderstandings and game-killing frustration.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
What about spots where people get stuck, can't get out of, can't get back to to retrieve their deathchests?

Luck of the game? Or petition to get them opened up or closed over?

Because I'm probably pretty good at finding a few ;)
Haha, cancel this, loads of places to get stuck, this is obviously a whole new ballgame.

Well, makes it pretty important for players to be able to regear readily.