• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Druids.

Druids are pretty handy, they are the all around support class that help with a handful of situations, so I thought to myself, "Druids could actually be a lot more useful." I then came up with a few passive abilities for them. Bare in mind that these were made on a whim and I have no idea how they would make or break other classes abilities and/or skills. (Until finally looking into it..)

Sap: Target a tree to chop it down and regain 30 mana. (The wood will not be dropped.)

Veil: When in tall grass, gain invisibility. Having a short interval in between. (So basically like a 1 minute wait before going into grass again to get invisibility. The invis lasts 4 seconds.)

Grassecho: Convert tall grass into a 20 block radius vision. (Tells you if someone is near)

Nourish: Depending on how many hostile mobs in a radius of 15, activating will give you 5 hp per enemy.

Growth: Upon sacrificing bone meal your health pool is increased by 15 for 1 minute. The cooldown for this should be obviously high.

And there you have it, to be honest a lot of support classes should get more intricate ways to help out there team and prove they're worthwhile. Really that's what it means to be a support, to cover certain situations with certain skills. Also, if I could get the opinions of the coders on what they can and cannot do that would make my suggestions in the future a lot more.. Realistic.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

@Kainzo
@Sleaker

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm not sure "sap" is really going to work since there's no natural trees left across the majority of the landscape in some areas lol. I like the idea of invisibility, though limiting it to woodland areas kind of makes it useless in pvp. A skill to detect nearby people would be cool though, it'd be a unique skill.

Although I like the idea of more support abilities for Druid as a utility class since it's not the most ideal healer and not at all equipped for pvp.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I'd like to see shapeshifting for druid. let them transform into animals. without the names showing so they can be disguised as natural animals. The ability to move disguised would be awesome. "Hey who lead the cow into town WTF that cow just transformed into a druid and murdered everyone!!!"

That's funny cause I was just thinking of a shapeshifting skill. Turning into a tree, although I'm not quite sure how coding that would work..

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
A tree? It'd be nice to transform into passive mobs. Wolf, gives melee boost but can't use skills until you change back, ocelot and gives you a speed boost for kiting, etc.

Turn into a chicken to infiltrate enemy territory. >;D

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Guys. Make it kitties.

I hypothesized shapeshifters before even playing Heroes, I'd love for this to happen.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
A tree? It'd be nice to transform into passive mobs. Wolf, gives melee boost but can't use skills until you change back, ocelot and gives you a speed boost for kiting, etc.

Turn into a chicken to infiltrate enemy territory. >;D

If shapeshifting is impossible or impractical due to code, how about an "Aspect" or "Stance" system. Druids would get "Aspects" which would be mutually exclusive (you could only have one enabled at a time) and could disable when any other spell was cast, or alternatively weaken your spellcasting (With something like "Aspect of the Druid" for default). For instance, "Aspect of the Wolf" would significantly improve your damage with fists (Superior to disciple fist attacks), whereas an "Aspect of the Tree" would root you but give you significant mana regeneration.

Obviously shapeshifting is something very heavily associated with druids, and would be preferable. But if that cannot or will not be implemented, there might be a suitable mechanical alternative available with something like this.

Edit: Directed at the post below, very nice.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
When we have the ability to add in shapeshifting, we most certainly will.

This is good news. However, would we possibly see a temporary skill that gives you the stats or ability of whatever a shapeshift would do until we get it properly, to give druids something more? Or do you not want to implement anything until it is being finalized?

Wouldn't it be sort of easy, I mean someone has already done it. What's it called.. A certain command that gives you the appearance of a person or mob. MobsDisguise? IDK, but I do know that it would be increasingly difficult to recode that..

Aetosion

Obsidian
I thought spy chickens would be better for Beguilers, but the skills suggested in the original post seem like great ideas once they get some work. The support classes definetly need more exploration