• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dreadknights Deserve Drainsoul at a Lower Level

milkmeister

Legacy Supporter 6
All warrior classes have a basic skill that they can rely on consistently for some form of damage that they get at level 10,20, or 30. Bleed for Samurais, Cleave and Jump for Dragoons, and Soulfire for Paladins. Dreadknights get harmtouch, which while very effective, isn't particularly reliable considering its cooldown and mana cost. Paladins are health based, Samurais are damage based, and Dragoons are movement based. The skills they get early on all reflect and facilitate this. Dreadknight is somewhere in the middle, and heavily skill based, with lower melee damage, but high health. If dreadknights should be getting anything early on, it should be drainsoul. Drainsoul, while not too overpowered, compliments Dreadknight's skill reliance, while also being consistent, unlike harmtouch. Other classes get their "OH SHIT" button at higher levels. Paladins get invlun at 50, Samurais get Inversion at 55, and Dragoons get SuperJump and Cleave at high levels. Yes I know that Dreadknights get empathy at 55, but this should be more about Dreadknights needing a consistent skill in their early stages, not getting the less reliable, "OH SHIT" skills at the end. Dreadknights are skill based and need drainsoul at a lower level. Without it the lower level Dreadknights are left to waiting for harmtouch to cool down in order to win at combat against the other classes which have good skills with lower cooldowns as an advantage.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
HarmTouch has a 15 minute cooldown. Hardly a useful skill.

Yes, I am a level 22 DK. I find it annoying that we don't have any basic skill we can rely on to help us through those low levels, up until level 40 once we start getting out "Good" Skills.

Paladin- SoulFire--- Level 20

Samurai-Bleed--- Level 10

Dragoon---Jump ---10, Cleave -----30

ALL CASTERS--- FireBall ------ Level 1

You get the idea.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
HarmTouch's cooldown is extreme considering how Heroes has developed so far. I would like to see it brought down to 3-5 minutes to better match with other classes' skills. It's still a very infrequent skill at that rate.

The OP's suggestion sounds like a good one from here- Dreadknights ought to have a nice, reliable skill to use early(ish) in their careers.

(although calling Fireball a Caster's "good skill" isn't exactly warranted- it's the main low-cost, single-target damage skill, to account for our lack of melee capabilities)

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Harmtouch doesn't need a buff - you guys are doing it wrong.

Maybe a bit of a shorter cd, but it's not too important

Soulfire - A LEVEL 20 SKILL, we are talking about a level 10 skills. Also, a 7% chance to light someone on fire is not NEARLY as good as a straight 35 dmg for 1/4 the mana cost.
Layhands - Full health buff with a 15 minute cooldown that costs ALL MANA

Cleave is a level 30 skill - Manafreeze for DK is a useful skill if you use it correctly. Don't compare high level skills to low level skills.

Jump? I don't even know what putting this in proves. The level 10 skill of a class does NOT automatically "define" a class.

I agree fireball is annoying, but learn to counter it and dodge for once in your life

I know this from experience, I am, after all the first master DK on the server. Harmtouch is VERY good on casters, I use the skill all the time.

Zoomsz

TNT
The Dreadknight class get a 6 damage diamond axe at level 1 equipped with a 8 and 1/2 armor rating. If that can't get you through the "lower levels" than i don't know what will.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Honestly for me, once SoulLeech and Empathy are fixed, I have no complaints about being a Dreadknight. I honestly like where the class is going and like the fact I can no longer take on 5 guys without dying. Sometimes fighting 3v1s, but that's because I carry potions into battle ^_^

milkmeister

Legacy Supporter 6
Oh, well even if SoulLeech is the new Drainsoul, DK's should still get it at level 10 or 20, and be getting Harmtouch at 25 or 30