• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dreadknight Nerf Suggestion

Do YOU think Dreadknight is overpowered?

• Yes! Nerf now!

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No! (if so please respond why)

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
55 DK = OverPowed.
1. Armor - take 2x less dmg (diamond chest and full iron)
2. Harmtouch - actually not op IMO, should stay how it is.
3. Endurance - good skill for DK and should stay how it is, but in combo with all the offensive skills -
either needs to be removed to balance it.
4. Decay - lasts a very long time / does crazy nockback every tic / extremely high dmg / goes through armor / high dmg per tic
5. Drainsoul - 10 dmg and heals ??? / the last thing DK needs is a healing skill - best armor and endurance / not to mention 123 max hp
6. Empathy - um, does dmg equal to dmg missing from caster / aka 1 shots every class that isn't a paladin or another 55 DK in full armor.
7. Curse - I haven't seem much done with this skill, but I think it has a similar affect as Bladegrasp? but only 50% - still good

Dreadknight is a complete tank that does the highest dmg = Flawless and needs to remove/ lower dmg on skills / axe.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
-Armor opness has no fix at this time
-Harmtouch is fine (agree)
-Endurance is fine (agree)
-Decay is OP indeed, I tested it on someone, nearly killed them, (Level 10 ranger or so) tick dmg must be too high or some typo shit when it was added in
-Drainsoul I don't have yet, so nothing to say
-Empathy ^^ ditto
-Curse is pretty much a variation of bladegrasp if you use it correctly, but I have yet to use it in combat

IMO Dreadknight just needs to be toned down a bit. I love armor, but I don't care for skills as much, so definitely a nerf on decay. We don't do the highest dmg, you are mistaken, Max. Aside from paladin we do the LEAST, and that's WITHOUT Sword enchantments which can buff paladins to have more dmg than us.

I don't use skills as much, and I don't like having to press so many buttons on my keyboard, it's why I hated being ninja. I'd be spending all this time trying to use skills, but I'd be dying quickly in the process because of low health. Basically what I'm trying to say is that Dreadknight is the TANK and the SKILL class put together -> Great skills, great armor, great health. So I can focus on both skills and fighting without having to worry about dying.

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
If Dragoons were stripped of their armor, then why do Dk's get to keep their armor that is even better?? And Dk has way more offensive skills / higher dmg???

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
-Armor opness has no fix at this time
-Harmtouch is fine (agree)
-Endurance is fine (agree)
-Decay is OP indeed, I tested it on someone, nearly killed them, (Level 10 ranger or so) tick dmg must be too high or some typo shit when it was added in
-Drainsoul I don't have yet, so nothing to say
-Empathy ^^ ditto
-Curse is pretty much a variation of bladegrasp if you use it correctly, but I have yet to use it in combat

IMO Dreadknight just needs to be toned down a bit. I love armor, but I don't care for skills as much, so definitely a nerf on decay. We don't do the highest dmg, you are mistaken, Max. Aside from paladin we do the LEAST, and that's WITHOUT Sword enchantments which can buff paladins to have more dmg than us.

I don't use skills as much, and I don't like having to press so many buttons on my keyboard, it's why I hated being ninja. I'd be spending all this time trying to use skills, but I'd be dying quickly in the process because of low health. Basically what I'm trying to say is that Dreadknight is the TANK and the SKILL class put together -> Great skills, great armor, great health. So I can focus on both skills and fighting without having to worry about dying.
Thing is.... i meant highest dmg with skills.... decay brings me to about 4 hearts/ then just wait for little mana and harm touch me to finish me off??? thats not fair, also with your high hp / diamond armor....

Digger360

Obsidian
Dreadknight Armor was reduced slightly, Btw.

All of a dreadknights decent skills take 40 + Mana, Its actually about as effective to use Disarm, Rather than Curse, Which does the same thing, but longer and less effect. Mana Freeze Costs DK's more mana than It prevents, And Endurance Reduces 25% MORE damage that the DK cam do, Than it reduces. Because all of a DK's skills are so Mana costly, We can hardly use them. Your not supposed to Engage a tank in open combat. Would you run in front of a RL Tank's turret? Or Place a bomb on there ass? AMBUSH THEM, Use the terrain to your advantage! They don't have any Maneuverability skills, So if you don't Attempt to swim an ocean, You can easily ditch them.

Of Course your never going to come out on top in open warfare, That's their Niche! Just as a Rangers Niche is slaughtering those at a range.

All this aside, Until DK's master, They suck horrible dick. They have few Combat skills Before nearly mastering, with the Second lowest DPS. If anyone needs a nerf Here, It's pallys.

Fangsyifu

Stone
aren't Dk more err say if you throw them into battle and they have to fight 5 people. I don't think they stand a slight chance of surviviing. And I'm sure some other classed could take ou t a dreadknight.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Dreadknight Armor was reduced slightly, Btw.

All of a dreadknights decent skills take 40 + Mana, Its actually about as effective to use Disarm, Rather than Curse, Which does the same thing, but longer and less effect. Mana Freeze Costs DK's more mana than It prevents, And Endurance Reduces 25% MORE damage that the DK cam do, Than it reduces. Because all of a DK's skills are so Mana costly, We can hardly use them. Your not supposed to Engage a tank in open combat. Would you run in front of a RL Tank's turret? Or Place a bomb on there ass? AMBUSH THEM, Use the terrain to your advantage! They don't have any Maneuverability skills, So if you don't Attempt to swim an ocean, You can easily ditch them.

Of Course your never going to come out on top in open warfare, That's their Niche! Just as a Rangers Niche is slaughtering those at a range.

All this aside, Until DK's master, They suck horrible dick. They have few Combat skills Before nearly mastering, with the Second lowest DPS. If anyone needs a nerf Here, It's pallys.
This. I realized this yesterday when fighting pig zombies in the nether. Once we're out of mana, we're just tanking our way out.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
warriors need to have more power than others,
casters and healers can just through stuff at warriors without having to get
in a 1block radius to hit someone like warriors, and in all RPG type games and server the warrior is seen as
The strong charater, the charater with good armor and the chartater that doesnt get picked much because it loses alot of HP when it gets hit and its hard to get combos.

Fangsyifu

Stone
if people complaining that dreadknight are Op and warrior as well why not just buff up the casters and healer like, I dunno have burst fireball attack for caster.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
if people complaining that dreadknight are Op and warrior as well why not just buff up the casters and healer like, I dunno have burst fireball attack for caster.
@Kainzo has said that there is a caster balance coming at some point. So I think he understands they are underpowered at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.