• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion DreadAura Rework

I've stated in the past that I thought DreadKnight was pretty weak in the current "meta" or set up of classes since this map.

After playing the class I've changed my mind and I think it's still pretty satisfactory. However I think it could use one or two quality of life changes, the main one being fixing DreadAura.

The concept is really nice, and it really helps define your role in fights, but it just isn't worth it to use in 99% of scenarios.
It costs 375 stamina instantly to activate; along with 55 mana every tick (3 seconds), if you look at other dreadknights core ability costs, it's clear that you can not afford to use this and your other (more important) spells, at all.

Obviously there should be resource management, especially in a class like this, but it's a bit too far in this case.

I suggest DreadAura be changed to the likeness of HolyAura, which only takes a flat amount of resources to activate for 16 seconds.
Obviously the effect, costs, and tick timers can be changed to reflect the more offensive skill.

This also makes things more easier to understand, for newer players, and you won't ever forgot to turn it off.

Variently

Legacy Supporter 4
I support this. I've NEVER used dreadaura. It drains mana quickly. And simply does not do enough DMG. Its not worth it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I've stated in the past that I thought DreadKnight was pretty weak in the current "meta" or set up of classes since this map.

After playing the class I've changed my mind and I think it's still pretty satisfactory. However I think it could use one or two quality of life changes, the main one being fixing DreadAura.

The concept is really nice, and it really helps define your role in fights, but it just isn't worth it to use in 99% of scenarios.
It costs 375 stamina instantly to activate; along with 55 mana every tick (3 seconds), if you look at other dreadknights core ability costs, it's clear that you can not afford to use this and your other (more important) spells, at all.

Obviously there should be resource management, especially in a class like this, but it's a bit too far in this case.

I suggest DreadAura be changed to the likeness of HolyAura, which only takes a flat amount of resources to activate for 16 seconds.
Obviously the effect, costs, and tick timers can be changed to reflect the more offensive skill.

This also makes things more easier to understand, for newer players, and you won't ever forgot to turn it off.
-The concept is good and I believe it should stay as it is.
-It's a new skill so it's bound to have some balance problems
-The purpose of the starting cost is so that you don't spam the skill on and off.
-I like the concept of a toggle-able aura. Not reading/comprehending a tool tip shouldn't be a reason for an entire rework
-If the mana/stam costs are too high (Which they apparently are) then they need to be lowered or the dmg/life drain needs to be increased (I believe the former)

Variently

Legacy Supporter 4
-The purpose of the starting cost is so that you don't spam the skill on and off.
-I like the concept of a toggle-able aura. Not reading/comprehending a tool tip shouldn't be a reason for an entire rework
-If the mana/stam costs are too high (Which they apparently are) then they need to be lowered or the dmg/life drain needs to be increased (I believe the former)

Yes. I would love this skill, if it did a little more damage. Even if the mana cost is high, adding a little more dmg to it would be worth using

1. I agree, it's a good concept; and it REALLY helps define the playstyle of the class, instead of it just being some 1v1 bully.

2. Okay, so all the more reason for it to be put on the spot. If it's bound to have some problems, let's as a community help solve them.

3/4. I understand, but the 5 second timer on the toggle and instant drain of nearly half your stamina for a TOGGLE function doesn't synergize well, and it's clunky and easy to misuse.

5. The costs should be decreased overall, but I believe the BEST way to fix it and make it easier to use/disgest, is to make a mirror version of HolyAura.

If the damage was increased it would just still be a clunky hard to use skill that did far too much damage, which would cause a lot of issues overall.

Last edited: