• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Drainsoul

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Drainsouls do absurd amount of damage and the CD is not enough to compensate. Should be nerfed.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
It really pisses me off how Necromancers can kite people, by running away and using drainsoul every 7 seconds I mean all they have to do is bind your name and run away for a while and you get a kill :confused:

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
It really pisses me off how Necromancers can kite people, by running away and using drainsoul every 7 seconds I mean all they have to do is bind your name and run away for a while and you get a kill :confused:
So can other casters, except fireball deals 33% more damage.

Drainsouls do absurd amount of damage and the CD is not enough to compensate. Should be nerfed.
Fireball has more damage, shorter cooldown.

If necro needs a nerf, remove or nerf poison - not drainsoul.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3

Drainsoul is a 100% accurate attack I have seen so many casters miss their fireball.

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
Here's my breakdown of the situation....

Drainsoul
LV:1 MP:15 CD:5sec Range:6+.1/level Damage:120+1/level Heal:60+.5/level

So At level 1 its not too scary, doing 120 damage and healing the caster for 1/10th it's hp

What does it look like at 60 though?

@LV60, MP:15, CD:5sec Range:12 Damage:180 Heal 90

So at level 60 its doing 180 damage, and still heals for 1/10th its HP....

Where the OPness comes in is that necro regains 6mp/second... on a 5 second cooldown the MP is already regenerated double the cost... so drainsoul+poison combos are essentially a non-mp consumable combo (by the time recast is up the MP has regenerated)

This alone Necros (in 30 seconds) do 2,040 damage and heal 540hp. And still have full MP. As long as the target is within 12 blocks...

Compared to ninjas at level 60 who do a total of 3,570 damage assuming a single target within 2 blocks getting hit once per second....

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6

Drainsoul is like a Fireball that you don't have to aim. It makes all the difference.

When that happens, you shouldn't be playing online - or at least not be pvp'n.
If I thought like that, I would have quit MC/HC a year ago. People are teleporting around for me all the time, everytime.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Drainsoul is like a Fireball that you don't have to aim. It makes all the difference.

If I thought like that, I would have quit MC/HC a year ago. People are teleporting around for me all the time, everytime.
When you're fighting a melee class and he has to get into your face to deal damage, it dosn't make much difference as he'll be running straight toward you, or sideways(which makes you able to run back).

They teleport around for me aswell, what I meant is - don't play a class that gets hit hard by lag, when you play with lag. E.g caster specs that rely on fireball, or ranger.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Here's my breakdown of the situation....

Drainsoul
LV:1 MP:15 CD:5sec Range:6+.1/level Damage:120+1/level Heal:60+.5/level

So At level 1 its not too scary, doing 120 damage and healing the caster for 1/10th it's hp

What does it look like at 60 though?

@LV60, MP:15, CD:5sec Range:12 Damage:180 Heal 90

So at level 60 its doing 180 damage, and still heals for 1/10th its HP....

Where the OPness comes in is that necro regains 6mp/second... on a 5 second cooldown the MP is already regenerated double the cost... so drainsoul+poison combos are essentially a non-mp consumable combo (by the time recast is up the MP has regenerated)

This alone Necros (in 30 seconds) do 2,040 damage and heal 540hp. And still have full MP. As long as the target is within 12 blocks...

Compared to ninjas at level 60 who do a total of 3,570 damage assuming a single target within 2 blocks getting hit once per second....
When did necro start regenerating 6 mana per second? They used to regen 6 mana per 5 seconds..