• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dragoons...

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
So at the moment dragoons are kinda stuck between a DPS and a Utility class, this makes it a harder class to play with less benefits. I fell the easy solution is not with skills but to change the damage done by their spade, possibly by 3-5? Any comments please feel free to suggest below.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
No they really don't, how great we are, we can get onto a town and not get in due to regions. Disciples do more fucking damage then us, they are a healer spec.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
Dragoon isn't DPS, it's more of a tank than anything, it's in a class of it's own mobility-wise, as nothing can really match a dragoon(apart from maybe one), and considering gragoon just recieved two new skills- tremor and spear, it seems to me that it is fine as it is.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
My question is, why is a discs (healer spec may I remind you) doing more damage than us. It's just quite stupid to be honest.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
Does not matter lol, this is starting to role in to disciples being OP, but what the hell. Dispels do more damage, can chakra out of everything and give them health, plus they can force push then bandage. Fuck the armour if you can heal yourself. There I have had my moan.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Also, @leftovers5 rather than dis-agree how about some feedback?
I was working at it, you can't just say this less than a minute after I disagree with the post. And why did you not ask joker for feedback, given the same situation + longer time period?

My opinion is that dragoons have a great mixture of output as well as utility. While pretty overpowering against my own class (ranger), it is very well balanced right now regardless. The disciple problem is a problem of another class, not dragoons. I don't really need to say more, but I'm sure @iHazBryn would be interested in this.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
But I mean, they are only really at their best against rangers. Although I'll admit, although casters are anti-warrior, a dragoon if played right can kill a caster.

@Kainzo hat to tag you, but what are your views on this? Or am I just a complete retard.

I remember iHazBryn say something about stamina costs for Dragoons are a bit too much. :p

And yep, keep in mind that almost all classes have their own anti-class that are meant to take them down. I do admit though, that disciples need to be tuned down a bit.

A

alexhoff1

the only thing wrong about this is ... a few things :p

A. Casters are anti-warrior classes, they have a "better" chance to win. (though the odds are really unfair, unless the warriors I fight just downright don't ever pvp.)
B. Dragoons can beat most rogue specs, because they are quite easy when you have a holy crap ton of armor on :p
C. Disciples are a class that is known to be OP, atleast by people playing it, that see "oh hey! I can be a newb and heal up 100% then stick bash them to death!" which is completely unfair, there cds are too low :p so no, dragoons can't beat these classes with ease... Even though they are a healer.

(I tried to answer the topics hatchy brought up :p)

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/dragoon-stamina-costs.21489/

Sorry I can't link from my phone.

Here's my thread I made about the issues of dragoons and why they don't work, or compete with bards, as a ustility class.

Go give it a read, most of my points are layed out in a more "professional" manner.

Plus its gotten a lot of good feedback.

EDIT; dragoons don't need more damage, they need stam cost reductions, or stam regen speed increase.

Also they need one or two group buffing skills, to compete with bards for a spot as a utility.

I said, trmor should knock enemies back, and give your party a 200 health sheild for 15 seconds or until its damaged down. This could be used to get enemies off your friends and let them heal up.

And maybe give us a damage increase party buff or somthing. Simmilar to might.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/dragoon-stamina-costs.21489/

Sorry I can't link from my phone.

Here's my thread I made about the issues of dragoons and why they don't work, or compete with bards, as a ustility class.

Go give it a read, most of my points are layed out in a more "professional" manner.

Plus its gotten a lot of good feedback.

EDIT; dragoons don't need more damage, they need stam cost reductions, or stam regen speed increase.

Also they need one or two group buffing skills, to compete with bards for a spot as a utility.

I said, trmor should knock enemies back, and give your party a 200 health sheild for 15 seconds or until its damaged down. This could be used to get enemies off your friends and let them heal up.

And maybe give us a damage increase party buff or somthing. Simmilar to might.
Utility for Dragoon is "low" - they aren't going to compete with Bard's in utility even in the slightest.