• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dragoons...

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Utility for Dragoon is "low" - they aren't going to compete with Bard's in utility even in the slightest.

I've always been told Dragoons are the Utility spec of the warriors. And I assumed this was right seeing as they are not tanky or very DPS.

If they aren't Utility what are they then? At least what do you want them to be?

RagingDragon5

Portal
Dragoons aren't suppose to be strong with DPS. They are strong with mobility. Dragoons can take on pretty much any class. I had a friend who wasn't even mastered dragoon and he took down a mastered dreadknight, master ninja, and two other people by himself at once. It's because he knew how to use his class. IF you focus more on the mobility dragoons are freaking beasts.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Dragoons aren't suppose to be strong with DPS. They are strong with mobility. Dragoons can take on pretty much any class. I had a friend who wasn't even mastered dragoon and he took down a mastered dreadknight, master ninja, and two other people by himself at once. It's because he knew how to use his class. IF you focus more on the mobility dragoons are freaking beasts.

I feel like either the DK and the ninja were AFK, or your not quite explaining the situation.

A DK should beat a Dragoon in a 1v1 every time if they use thier skills right. They have sustain, better armor, and nuking skills. I don't see how jumping away from a harmtouch would help.

Sure I've taken down people in 4v1s, but they were either Bad, unspeced, or already low on health.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Mobility =! utility

I never said that.

I think a lot of people consider Dragoons to be utility, just because all they really bring to a fight is chasing and impale. They do some damage, but not enough to be a damage class, and they can't take a Sammy to the face, because they are not tanky enough.

I can understand before them being just "mobility", because there was no other class like it. Now there is "One" "Quicken", and backflip. A bard can catch a Dragoon now, especially if jump is lagging.

If they are supposed be just "mobility" then I really don't see the point. Maybe if they were ranged mobility, but to be a melee class, you have to be in their face, which counter acts the fact that they should be mobile in a fight.

Do you just want Dragoons to jump around the edges of a fight?

RagingDragon5

Portal
I feel like either the DK and the ninja were AFK, or your not quite explaining the situation.

A DK should beat a Dragoon in a 1v1 every time if they use thier skills right. They have sustain, better armor, and nuking skills. I don't see how jumping away from a harmtouch would help.

Sure I've taken down people in 4v1s, but they were either Bad, unspeced, or already low on health.

No they weren't AFK. What my friend did was keep on jumping around while doing little damage at a time to them. He also sometimes brought them in the water so his mobility against theirs would increase. He also focused on one at a time, so if he started getting ambush by the other players he would quickly move out the area then attack again. Yes dreadknight seems stronger than dragoons, but almost any class can beat any class if they know what they were doing. All my friend did basically was out smart them with movement (Aka dragoons best offense)

Wow. Well uhm...still can't believe these 3 mastered fights, not afk, and the dragoon won in a 3v1? Wow, I'm surprised they didn't just impair his movement and whacked the crap out of him...

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Wow. Well uhm...still can't believe these 3 mastered fights, not afk, and the dragoon won in a 3v1? Wow, I'm surprised they didn't just impair his movement and whacked the crap out of him...
They must have been mentaly impaired.

A ninja and a dk, could kill a Dragoon in one 3 second slow.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Not to mention there was another person....I mean empathy, terror, whack the shit out of the dragoon...those 3 must've forgotten they had skills.

Lol probably. I know the dreadknight used harmtouch, but after that yoiyo ran away and healed himself and went back. I was a master bard at the time, but I was too busy running away from other people to help him.