• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon's kill themselves.

Hav0cc

Stone
I recently mastered Samurai and re-specced dragoon. Following my ding to level 10 I decide to take a jump or two to see what its like, cause people like pandaman make it look really appealing. Needless to say I killed myself, and just sat there dumbfounded.

It seems as if fall damage is increased when falling with jump? I'm not sure; but imo an easy fix to this would be giving jump a tad bit of safefall while they hit the ground. I'm no scripter, but this doesn't sound like it would be incredibly hard to code. I'd love to be able to hop around and such without the fear of landing after jumping and then killing myself. It really nullifies the whole mobility factor if you think about it. Sorry though, don't mean to come on here with a "coder do this!" and "coder do that!" mentality.. just a suggestion. Thanks!

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah its a bug with the system, landing damages you. its really wierd. as far as i know not even @Sleaker knows whats causing it. Jump is awesome, just not when its broken

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Often times, just jumping damages you, even if you jump and land on the same level you started. EG: Jump at level 64, land at Lv 64, take a half heart of damage. With a full foo bar its not a problem but its really annoying - plus it doesn't help armor

Sleaker

Retired Staff
I know that they don't want people to abuse the super reduced fall damage that it used to have, but I believe that the way it used to be was definitely its best.

it hasn't changed. the only thing different between now and before is the server is laggy.

Hav0cc

Stone
I took no damage by just jumping. If you are jumping from a mountain... yes you will die.
Hm, thats strange. For me and other dragoons I've spoken too landing on ground you've JUST jumped off of hurts you. I could show you in game if you'd like.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Hm, thats strange. For me and other dragoons I've spoken too landing on ground you've JUST jumped off of hurts you. I could show you in game if you'd like.
Yup, you've got it right on the money. As a dragoon before I could litterally jump off from sky level, use jump an instant befor eI hit the ground and survive, now everything hurts me a lot, a four block fall took 5 hearts today

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Just reaffirming- Yep. You can take a lot of fall damage as a Dragoon at the moment, and lots of it stems from using Jump. Were there a way to grant safefall only if you hadn't already fallen a certain distance, that would be just dandy. Regardless of what we do with it, I think having Jump do double-duty as a timing-based SafeFall is very in-character and will be increasingly reasonable as Dragoons are given other skills that they would use their mana on. Dragoons tend to not break their legs on their own leaps. Surely that skill can utilized coming down from accidental drops if they remember to do it.

Hav0cc

Stone
it hasn't changed. the only thing different between now and before is the server is laggy.
It actually has changed alot; and for the worse at that. At the point it is now you can't even use it while pvp'ing - considering you'll end up doing more damage to yourself than the person your actually fighting. This sounds outlandish but if you really test it you'll see what we're talking about.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I hope something is found, the fall dmg blows :(. On a side note, has anyone else had or is having an issue with chat? I have my binds not working and for a few minutes every now and then I cant talk when I finish typing. I've seen alot of other people with this issue also. Not sure what is going on with this but its really annoying.

GraRona

Portal
Yeah. Sometimes, my messages don't go through. Haven't seen any problems with commands/binds yet.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
It actually has changed alot; and for the worse at that. At the point it is now you can't even use it while pvp'ing - considering you'll end up doing more damage to yourself than the person your actually fighting. This sounds outlandish but if you really test it you'll see what we're talking about.

Login on the test server and /skill jump - it works just fine. Again, nothing has changed in the skill. the only difference is that the server is laggy as a result of 1.8 which by inference, may mean that fall damage is being modified oddly.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I hope something is found, the fall dmg blows :(. On a side note, has anyone else had or is having an issue with chat? I have my binds not working and for a few minutes every now and then I cant talk when I finish typing. I've seen alot of other people with this issue also. Not sure what is going on with this but its really annoying.
I've never seen this issue with chat... just using impchat/rei's atm

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Dude, I have this problem all the time, I type something and nothig happens when I press Enter. Sometimes I can't join channels. Its messed up

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
the official imp chat binds dont work, the one neo has in his pack is unofficial, your gona have to use his pack for the time being