• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon's kill themselves.

c12095

Holy Shit!
It seemed to really hit me, and a lot of people I was talking to in chat, last night. When in the middle of a fight, binds would stop working, and shortly after the fight was over I was able to type, but nothing would show up in the chat box. It is really out of the blue, but i'll try re installing java and MC then get back to you on this.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
Dragoons: I'm not sure how close the Jump skill here is to the default Jump skill in Heroes, but testing with it on my server, I could NEVER cause myself to take falling damage whilst landing on the same level from which I leapt. It also felt like the default jump was a bit more robust, which I would imagine would increase the fall damage I should take, but that wasn't the case. The only time I would take fall damage would be if I fell past my launching point far enough to take normal fall damage, even if I had careful walked off of the cliff. In Herocraft right now I take significant falling damage around 80% of the times I Minecraft jump>Heroes jump, and even just using the Heroes jump alone I tend to take fall damage more often than not, testing on a flat surface. This fall damage is generally up to 25% of my health and takes rather large chunks out of full set of iron armor.

Improved Chat Mod: It seems that there's a plugin on the server that prevents you from typing a quick fifth message after typing four messages in quick succession. I assume this is to somewhat curb fast chat spamming. Unfortunately this plugin seems to include any message that goes into the chat box as part of those four messages. Checking your health, mana, hero level, and using skills through Improved Chat Mod seem to all fall under the jurisdiction of this plugin. So if during battle you happen to use four skills in quick succession, you will be essentially silenced from using any chat based skills until you stop trying to use them for a certain (untested) amount of time.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Dragoons: I'm not sure how close the Jump skill here is to the default Jump skill in Heroes, but testing with it on my server, I could NEVER cause myself to take falling damage whilst landing on the same level from which I leapt. It also felt like the default jump was a bit more robust, which I would imagine would increase the fall damage I should take, but that wasn't the case. The only time I would take fall damage would be if I fell past my launching point far enough to take normal fall damage, even if I had careful walked off of the cliff. In Herocraft right now I take significant falling damage around 80% of the times I Minecraft jump>Heroes jump, and even just using the Heroes jump alone I tend to take fall damage more often than not, testing on a flat surface. This fall damage is generally up to 25% of my health and takes rather large chunks out of full set of iron armor.

Improved Chat Mod: It seems that there's a plugin on the server that prevents you from typing a quick fifth message after typing four messages in quick succession. I assume this is to somewhat curb fast chat spamming. Unfortunately this plugin seems to include any message that goes into the chat box as part of those four messages. Checking your health, mana, hero level, and using skills through Improved Chat Mod seem to all fall under the jurisdiction of this plugin. So if during battle you happen to use four skills in quick succession, you will be essentially silenced from using any chat based skills until you stop trying to use them for a certain (untested) amount of time.
NoCheat was preventing these messages. I believe on another issue it is causing more fall damage. I've been adjusting the values - you shouldnt be getting the failed chat messages as much anymore.

c12095

Holy Shit!
NoCheat was preventing these messages and I believe causing more fall damage - I've been adjusting the values - you shouldnt be getting the failed chat messages as much anymore.

Wooo!! I hate dieing due to macros not working!

c12095

Holy Shit!
Lets see if the adjustments I made fixed the chat messages - anyone care to test for me?

Sure, live server or test server?

Edit - Im on the live server, just spammed it up with no issue. However Fall damage is still very heavy for jump.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Sure, live server or test server?

Edit - Im on the live server, just spammed it up with no issue. However Fall damage is still very heavy for jump.
I cant reproduce the fall damage on Kainzo - meaning I may have immunity to the checks - I'll be looking into it more.