• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion DK Suggestion.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Dk currently can soak up a bunch of damage if they time their DreadAura right. In particular, the skill is great sustain when the spiders spawn on conquest points, or when you are fighting more than 1 party of enemies.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Pretty much says dk can't support, reads post gets proven wrong and edits his post GG Malik
Being a dick on a forums doesn't make you any more correct on a matter.

Bottom line, DK is more of a tanky dueler than anything else. It has skills that are very damaging to the enemy, by hp and otherwise, and it can easily ruin a person's day. The problem is that a dreadknight's skills are mana and stamina hungry, and on top of that our secret weapon, which is arguably creditable with our success in most duels, has a 15 minute cool down. Dreadknight's have a large mana pool, but we also have shit regen, so once we've drained our mana we only have Bash to pull us through. In a large battle, a dreadknight is useful for a short duration, and beyond that it is just another body (which is arguably useful in itself).

Nobody is technically wrong here: you see DK as it is now and you see it as successful in its role, which it is. I believe the current role for DK is far too undefined. I see DK as the counterpart to the paladin: I want it to be a tank that supports its team by causing widespread hindrance and debilitation upon the enemy, possibly cancelling out the effects of paladins. You want DK to be a dps tank, I want it to be a support tank.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Being a dick on a forums doesn't make you any more correct on a matter.

Bottom line, DK is more of a tanky dueler than anything else. It has skills that are very damaging to the enemy, by hp and otherwise, and it can easily ruin a person's day. The problem is that a dreadknight's skills are mana and stamina hungry, and on top of that our secret weapon, which is arguably creditable with our success in most duels, has a 15 minute cool down. Dreadknight's have a large mana pool, but we also have shit regen, so once we've drained our mana we only have Bash to pull us through. In a large battle, a dreadknight is useful for a short duration, and beyond that it is just another body (which is arguably useful in itself).

Nobody is technically wrong here: you see DK as it is now and you see it as successful in its role, which it is. I believe the current role for DK is far too undefined. I see DK as the counterpart to the paladin: I want it to be a tank that supports its team by causing widespread hindrance and debilitation upon the enemy, possibly cancelling out the effects of paladins. You want DK to be a dps tank, I want it to be a support tank.
It isn't a support tank though, that's what paladin's role is dk is a hybrid of physical and magical damage in order to change it to a support tank it would need a rework which nobody will probably do

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
DK and Paladin shouldn't be just 1 buffs the other debuffs Yeah dk could get a armor buff and perhaps a small melee buff but I don't agree with dk being very supporty, I don't get how stating exactly what happend makes me a dick? If you looked he edited 5 minutes after I posted AND I quoted him giving me reason to believe he saw it
@Faunherer

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
SoulTap:
applies a debuff which removes (1+.02per charisma) constitution from all enemies within 6 blocks every second and gives it to you for 20 seconds. the drain stops after 12 seconds, but the buff and debuff last another 8 seconds. constitution is returned to normal after the buff/debuff ends, effectively making the dreadknight have gained no health and dealt no damage if no other source of healing/damage was present.
warmup: 2 seconds
cooldown: 20 seconds
mana: 125
could also be changed to str or int as well, but constitution seems the most well rounded stat that would provide more benefits in teamfights. or even better, MANA/wisdom buff mana cost to 100 mana if it drains only wisdom.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
DK and Paladin shouldn't be just 1 buffs the other debuffs Yeah dk could get a armor buff and perhaps a small melee buff but I don't agree with dk being very supporty, I don't get how stating exactly what happend makes me a dick? If you looked he edited 5 minutes after I posted AND I quoted him giving me reason to believe he saw it
@Faunherer
You edited it? I was just typing this on my phone and though I could add to my post. I never actually changed the content.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Dude this isn't smite/league/dota/dawngate/other mobas

But just gunna say dk has 2 slows one which silences which can support his team by not letting healer heal and the slows set up kills

Dreadknight is a heavy dps tank, due to being the one thing a tank needs to be, TANKY, it's lack of the things you say a tank needs is compensated for by dk having damage, yeah maybe to be a true tank you need those but like in Bastion people said goon was op cuz it was a high dps high mobility TANK but it dosnt have any of the things you listed?
So this is the edit you talked about...To be fair goon does have some tank/support qualities. Spear, tremor, and impale are all great CC abilities that provide good peel. Its high mobility also allows good initiation which allows them to pickoff a squishy for a kill.

Now if you look at my post, you can see that I never said that dk ISN'T a tank, but rather I felt like it played more like a tanky mage (similar to pyro). I'm just here expressing how I wish DK would have less damage and more support. Please refrain from personal attacks and stick to arguments on ideas not people.

And yes I edited this because I originally typed on phone and fixed on PC....PLEASE DON'T SUE ME!

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
1.Dk isn't Support
2. Dk has some skills that could be argued as support skills

Edit* Ive stated my opinion and don't really want to argue anymore cuz it would ultimately end with ne telling you to go fuck yourself or something that makes me look like a dick

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
1.Dk isn't Support
2. Dk has some skills that could be argued as support skills

Edit* Ive stated my opinion and don't really want to argue anymore cuz it would ultimately end with ne telling you to go fuck yourself or something that makes me look like a dick
Thats the point! I want it to be a support :p

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
You obviously don't understand how tanks work...just being "tanky" doesn't make you a tank. The point of a tank is to draw fire, support his team, and setup kills. Atm dreadnight is less a tank and more like a durable necro. It doesn't fullfil it's role as a warrior. This is not nessicarly a bad thing, but it feels like it doesn't know what its role is...a problem with many classes. A dreaknight can still "support" but not in the same way as a paladin. Instead of helping it's allies it should hinder it's enemies.

Well said.