• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion DK NEEDS to be fixed

Jreems

Legacy Supporter 8
I strongly agree with what pew had said about DK. Here are a few things that i believe need to be changed on DK. I do not think that anyone on balance really plays DK so that is why its so bad lol.

1. GET RID OF BASH, the class does not need a skill that takes up too much stamina and does shit damage. I personally do not have a good idea of what could replace it maybe maim?

2. GET RID OF DARK SCYTHE, like pew said its a terrible idea to have this on DK. Instead it could be replaced with darkbalde that low damage, gives a dot and heals for low %.

3. WHAT EVEN IS DREAD AURA? Dread Aura was nerfed to shit and should just be removed. Instead give it an aoe like arcane storm just give it the range with lower damage and % heal. Also have it be a one time mana drain and a CD skill. Shouldnt be allowed to keep it going until ur out of mana. I should be the new T2 skill.

4. MANA FREEZE DOESNT WORK, the skills broken we tested it. Either fix it or get rid of it and replace with another skill.

5. FINALLY BRING BACK CONFLUX

LethalPrince

Legacy Supporter 5
1. I agree on this because bash is only usefull for interuptingcasting...
2/4. I honestly think these two skills should be combined to make a mana drain on hit
3. Im not sure how i feel on dreadaura...though it needs to be buffed or made into something new
5. I agree on this because desecration doesnt benefit reaver than much. Conflux actually gave reaver more opportunities than desecration does.

Last edited:

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I strongly agree with what pew had said about DK. Here are a few things that i believe need to be changed on DK. I do not think that anyone on balance really plays DK so that is why its so bad lol.

1. GET RID OF BASH, the class does not need a skill that takes up too much stamina and does shit damage. I personally do not have a good idea of what could replace it maybe maim?

2. GET RID OF DARK SCYTHE, like pew said its a terrible idea to have this on DK. Instead it could be replaced with darkbalde that low damage, gives a dot and heals for low %.

3. WHAT EVEN IS DREAD AURA? Dread Aura was nerfed to shit and should just be removed. Instead give it an aoe like arcane storm just give it the range with lower damage and % heal. Also have it be a one time mana drain and a CD skill. Shouldnt be allowed to keep it going until ur out of mana. I should be the new T2 skill.

4. MANA FREEZE DOESNT WORK, the skills broken we tested it. Either fix it or get rid of it and replace with another skill.

Jreems dreams to be on the balance team.

Jokes aside I actually agree with your suggestions. DK just doesn't feel dangerous when you play it, and it's barely a threat at the moment.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter

lol

Dewyn

Retired Staff
it doesnt help that casters are way better than warriors now. DK is an anti warrior and notoriously weak vs casters

Agreed, I can pretty much wipe out a DK in a one on one without taking damage between blink, entangle, and icebolt keeping them at bay. Hell, DK is weak to rogues too, a runeblade can burst down a DK in maybe ten seconds in a 1v1 while taking minimal damage.

Speaking of runeblade, its Duskblade skill might feel more at home on DK, or as Lethal suggested, put pyro's Darkblade on it. Either one would do better than Darkscythe.

I'm going to add in a quick suggestion for pyro here too:

Back on the other server I coded for, I wrote two skills called Flametouch and MagmaArmor, which added, respectively:

- a fifteen second fire damage boost on melee hit, with the drawback that you were silenced for the duration of the effect
- a five second shield that blocked any and all fire/lava damage as well as something like 40% of incoming damage, reflecting that amount back at attackers and lighting them on fire.

I don't believe you could use them together.

I'd be more than happy to recode these for HC if there was interest in putting them on pyro.

Skaahr

Legacy Supporter 4
I main Dreadknight usually, and it broke my heart how useless I am.

1. Agree. I used to use this a lot but when I got to Reaver, I noticed how goddamn useless it is.

2. I can sometimes find a use for Darkscythe. It isn't a high damage boost, but it's something. Agreed, though, it needs Dark Blade or something better.

3. Absolutely agree. Dreadaura is practically useless.

4. I wouldn't know. Haven't had the chance to use this yet.

5. Again, wouldn't know. Never used Conflux.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3

1. Agree. I used to use this a lot but when I got to Reaver, I noticed how goddamn useless it is.

2. I can sometimes find a use for Darkscythe. It isn't a high damage boost, but it's something. Agreed, though, it needs Dark Blade or something better.

Mana freeze sucks.

Conflux was one of the best things to happen to Reaver. As an ultimate, it was an ApE version of beguile. If you haven't had the pleasure of being hit by beguile, Its one of the most irritating skills because you basically have no control for several seconds. Conflux allowed Reaver to catch those pesky casters, and also was useful for warriors too.

Honestly though Conflux should become a DK normal skill, not an ultimate
Desecration looks fucking sick

Skaahr

Legacy Supporter 4
After maining Reaver for a few weeks and doing a whole bunch of 1v1s and a few group fights here and there, I've changed my mind about this post. Dreadknight alone is very good as it is, even with the useless skills. The DoT on Soulleech and Atrophy, and the fact that they can be used again as soon as their cooldown is off is great. A dreadknight can beat more than a few classes using those two skills alone. Add in the massive damage from Empathy, add in Terror to stop things from running, and you're golden if you play your cards right. Harmtouch can essentially garauntee any 1v1 win. Dreadknight is not a team player. If you are in a group fighting against another group, your skills NEED to be focused, or you'll do shit for damage. I believe this was intended.

The thing I've noticed with Reaver, is that essentially none of the skills scale worth anything. You'll do maybe 2 - 6 more damage from Dreadknight base intellect up to 35. So as a Reaver, you're better off pumping constitution and strength, and adding a bit into wisdom and intellect for the mana regen and larger pool, and adding a comfortable amount of endurance for regen.

In all honesty, I believe Dreadknight now needs to be weakened. They have massive damage reduction with all their armour, have the 2nd highest health of all classes, and does incredible damage over time, rivaling Necromancer's damage, and are only ever really shown up by casters. Even then you can come out of a 1v1 with 3+ hearts after fighting a Wizard.

In summary, Dreadknight is great, if a bit awkward to play. It takes some getting used to, and you need to keep in mind that you can out-damage most classes, and that damage goes through armour entirely.

EDIT: Also, I recall very clearly killing Peeweedog (Darkmaster) twice in a 1v1 as a max Reaver. If a Reaver can beat one of these crazy powerful legendaries, well...

Last edited:

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
After maining Reaver for a few weeks and doing a whole bunch of 1v1s and a few group fights here and there, I've changed my mind about this post. Dreadknight alone is very good as it is, even with the useless skills. The DoT on Soulleech and Atrophy, and the fact that they can be used again as soon as their cooldown is off is great. A dreadknight can beat more than a few classes using those two skills alone. Add in the massive damage from Empathy, add in Terror to stop things from running, and you're golden if you play your cards right. Harmtouch can essentially garauntee any 1v1 win. Dreadknight is not a team player. If you are in a group fighting against another group, your skills NEED to be focused, or you'll do shit for damage. I believe this was intended.

The thing I've noticed with Reaver, is that essentially none of the skills scale worth anything. You'll do maybe 2 - 6 more damage from Dreadknight base intellect up to 35. So as a Reaver, you're better off pumping constitution and strength, and adding a bit into wisdom and intellect for the mana regen and larger pool, and adding a comfortable amount of endurance for regen.

In all honesty, I believe Dreadknight now needs to be weakened. They have massive damage reduction with all their armour, have the 2nd highest health of all classes, and does incredible damage over time, rivaling Necromancer's damage, and are only ever really shown up by casters. Even then you can come out of a 1v1 with 3+ hearts after fighting a Wizard.

In summary, Dreadknight is great, if a bit awkward to play. It takes some getting used to, and you need to keep in mind that you can out-damage most classes, and that damage goes through armour entirely.

EDIT: Also, I recall very clearly killing Peeweedog (Darkmaster) twice in a 1v1 as a max Reaver. If a Reaver can beat one of these crazy powerful legendaries, well...
again, high numbers means the class is strong, that doesn't mean it's designed well. This class is horridly designed, until it is reworked it will be in a state of either too weak or too powerful.

Skaahr

Legacy Supporter 4
again, high numbers means the class is strong, that doesn't mean it's designed well. This class is horridly designed, until it is reworked it will be in a state of either too weak or too powerful.
I remember this being a problem when I first joined Herocraft. But I believe Jreems' problem when starting this thread was that it was too weak, and I wanted to address that.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5

Useless? You can solo any boss with the exception of sparkbit and the red hand bosses (besides the grandmage). On my first day of being a dreadknigjt I made 4k only from selling boss drops. You can also 1v2 (or at least I can) with dk. I agree, some if its skills are bas, but it definitely isn't useless, and it definitely doesn't need a buff.

Edit: nevermind. The thread wasn't updating for me.